DuJuan Harris.....

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The diminutive running back out of Troy just became the latest ex-Packer to sign with the Vikings. They really have a crush on Green Bay, perhaps hoping some of the glory will rub off.........

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do Viking fans sleep at night knowing their team is filled with Packer retreads? I liked Harris and thought he brought something to the table at RB. Not so much as a KR.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slowest kick returner ever. If you want to start your drives inside your 20 yard line - put him back there.

Actually looking forward to seeing what the little guy can do if given a chance at RB. He showed explosive flashes when given playing time in Green Bay.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt that will result in a compensatory pick for us. My guess is we'll be in line for 4th and a 5th rounder as it stands now.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slowest kick returner ever. If you want to start your drives inside your 20 yard line - put him back there.

Actually looking forward to seeing what the little guy can do if given a chance at RB. He showed explosive flashes when given playing time in Green Bay.

He didn't return many for us and most of our drives started inside the 20 anyway:D

If we sign Jennings does that count as us picking up viking retreads?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris has a shot especially if Peterson isn't around. However, much like the Vikings' WR move, I'm left scratching my head on this one. At WR they jettisoned a possession receiver in Jennings to get a pure speedster in Wallace. They already had speed.

With DuJuan Harris at RB, it's not much different than McKinnon. They are similar backs and of similar potential, maybe giving more of a nod to McKinnon since he's only entering his second year. Harris sure isn't a bruising back like Asiata, so I'm not sure what value Harris adds to the Vikings.

This move strikes me as a Frank Walker / Marquand Manual free agent move. You're just adding a body to the roster without much hope that they will be a solid contributor.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
raptorman must cringe every time this happens and then has to figure out a new way to try to explain that the Vikings dont love expackers more than any other team

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

EVER!!! I swear he would catch the ball and it was as if my TV got a sudden lag in it. I am all for working out and staying fit but wearing 30 lb. weights on your ankles during KO duties isn't the smartest move. Holy crap, just one time I wanted him to bust one out and sure enough he played hop-scotch "out to" the 17 more times than not. It was the weirdest thing because coming out of the backfield he had a little explosion and burst to him but on KO's he appeared to be wading through concrete.
I am happy to hear he got another shot and also that I am not the only one who found him to be a complete plodder. Good luck in Minny for what it's worth. Let's hope the Vikes keep him on return duties when we play them.

G P G!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
raptorman must cringe every time this happens and then has to figure out a new way to try to explain that the Vikings dont love expackers more than any other team
Not really. I will be surprised if he makes the team. He will have to show something special to take out Asiata or McKinnon. And since I expect Peterson to be back, I doubt they carry 4 backs. This looks like more of a camp body signing to me.

As to signing ex-Packers, I don't care really. Packer fans are more obsessed with it than Viking fans. Right now two teams seem to be signing ex-Vikings. Seattle and Buffalo.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Not really. I will be surprised if he makes the team. He will have to show something special to take out Asiata or McKinnon. And since I expect Peterson to be back, I doubt they carry 4 backs. This looks like more of a camp body signing to me.

As to signing ex-Packers, I don't care really. Packer fans are more obsessed with it than Viking fans. Right now two teams seem to be signing ex-Vikings. Seattle and Buffalo.

Hey! Are those a couple of the famous "Purple People Eaters" in your Avatar? I remember them.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Stop picking on Raptor. He can`t help it if he follows the Vikings.....We should feel sorry for him !! :D

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still is. Retires this year I believe.

I recall one day in the mid-1970's while working a landscaping job in Minneapolis looking up to see a big man jogging around one of the lakes there. It was Alan Page doing his workout. As I recall he ran so much he lost weight and that was a reason the Vikes cut him and he was picked up and finished as a Bear.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I recall one day in the mid-1970's while working a landscaping job in Minneapolis looking up to see a big man jogging around one of the lakes there. It was Alan Page doing his workout. As I recall he ran so much he lost weight and that was a reason the Vikes cut him and he was picked up and finished as a Bear.
Not sure why they cut him. But I heard it was about his weight. The Vikings defensive line back then, Marshall, Page, Sutherland and Eller averaged 6'4" and 248 pounds. Imagine a DT these days at 245.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why they cut him. But I heard it was about his weight. The Vikings defensive line back then, Marshall, Page, Sutherland and Eller averaged 6'4" and 248 pounds. Imagine a DT these days at 245.

As I recall Page had slimmed down to 225 when they let him go.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Carl Eller was beast! But what the heck am I doing praising some Vikings on a Packers forum? :confused::eek:

Members online

Latest posts