1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

DuJuan Harris.....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Curly Calhoun, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +269
    The diminutive running back out of Troy just became the latest ex-Packer to sign with the Vikings. They really have a crush on Green Bay, perhaps hoping some of the glory will rub off.........

2. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    How do Viking fans sleep at night knowing their team is filled with Packer retreads? I liked Harris and thought he brought something to the table at RB. Not so much as a KR.

3. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    An indication they don't expect Adrian Peterson to be around much longer?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    Slowest kick returner ever. If you want to start your drives inside your 20 yard line - put him back there.

Actually looking forward to seeing what the little guy can do if given a chance at RB. He showed explosive flashes when given playing time in Green Bay.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,977
    Maybe they'll rename their franchise, the "Minnesota Ex-Packs"....:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +331
    contract details?

7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,616
    Harris signed a one-year contract, no other details have been released but I expect it to be a deal close to the league minimum of $660,000.

8. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +455
    I doubt that will result in a compensatory pick for us. My guess is we'll be in line for 4th and a 5th rounder as it stands now.

9. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Too bad Harris has been sent to the minors....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +506

He didn't return many for us and most of our drives started inside the 20 anyway:D

If we sign Jennings does that count as us picking up viking retreads?

11. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    Harris has a shot especially if Peterson isn't around. However, much like the Vikings' WR move, I'm left scratching my head on this one. At WR they jettisoned a possession receiver in Jennings to get a pure speedster in Wallace. They already had speed.

With DuJuan Harris at RB, it's not much different than McKinnon. They are similar backs and of similar potential, maybe giving more of a nod to McKinnon since he's only entering his second year. Harris sure isn't a bruising back like Asiata, so I'm not sure what value Harris adds to the Vikings.

This move strikes me as a Frank Walker / Marquand Manual free agent move. You're just adding a body to the roster without much hope that they will be a solid contributor.

12. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    raptorman must cringe every time this happens and then has to figure out a new way to try to explain that the Vikings dont love expackers more than any other team

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,911
    I would prefer if their new name was "The Minnesota Cut Cheese"

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  14. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +376
    EVER!!! I swear he would catch the ball and it was as if my TV got a sudden lag in it. I am all for working out and staying fit but wearing 30 lb. weights on your ankles during KO duties isn't the smartest move. Holy crap, just one time I wanted him to bust one out and sure enough he played hop-scotch "out to" the 17 more times than not. It was the weirdest thing because coming out of the backfield he had a little explosion and burst to him but on KO's he appeared to be wading through concrete.
    I am happy to hear he got another shot and also that I am not the only one who found him to be a complete plodder. Good luck in Minny for what it's worth. Let's hope the Vikes keep him on return duties when we play them.

G P G!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Not really. I will be surprised if he makes the team. He will have to show something special to take out Asiata or McKinnon. And since I expect Peterson to be back, I doubt they carry 4 backs. This looks like more of a camp body signing to me.

As to signing ex-Packers, I don't care really. Packer fans are more obsessed with it than Viking fans. Right now two teams seem to be signing ex-Vikings. Seattle and Buffalo.

16. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Good one.

17. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,977
    Hey! Are those a couple of the famous "Purple People Eaters" in your Avatar? I remember them.

18. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Yes, that is Page and Marshall.

19. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,017
    Stop picking on Raptor. He can`t help it if he follows the Vikings.....We should feel sorry for him !! :D

20. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,977
    Even we Packer fans in those days admired those guys. Didn't Page become a State Supreme Court Judge?

21. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Still is. Retires this year I believe.

22. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    I recall one day in the mid-1970's while working a landscaping job in Minneapolis looking up to see a big man jogging around one of the lakes there. It was Alan Page doing his workout. As I recall he ran so much he lost weight and that was a reason the Vikes cut him and he was picked up and finished as a Bear.

23. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Not sure why they cut him. But I heard it was about his weight. The Vikings defensive line back then, Marshall, Page, Sutherland and Eller averaged 6'4" and 248 pounds. Imagine a DT these days at 245.

24. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
    As I recall Page had slimmed down to 225 when they let him go.

25. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,977
    Carl Eller was beast! But what the heck am I doing praising some Vikings on a Packers forum? :confused::eek: