1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

DuJuan Harris; anyone else excited by the little fella?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Dec 9, 2012.

1. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Anybody got a picture of that hit I can frame?

2. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I'm impressed so far. He's like a bullet through paper. Sure looks good in slo-mo.
    I can't wait to see more of him.

3. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Excited, no. I am happy to see another RB option that might turn into something good, but I won't get excited until he starts taking on a more prominent role in the offense and in turn continues to make good use of those opportunities.

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Hmm.... well El Guapo may not be excited about the little guy, but Aaron Rodgers is.

“Excited about 26,” Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said after the game, referring to Harris by his jersey number.
    I think he brings a little something extra there. He’s been doing it in practice. Give him a lot of credit."

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,398
    Yeah, that's what you hope for. 5 to 10 carries, change of pace, some productivity. He was on the field for 7 snaps, carried the ball 7 times. We haven't seen if he can block or catch at all. You can't run a guy out there JUST to run; defenses figure that out right quick.

I mean, how many times are folks going to get worked up about guys who show flashes (Gurley, So'oto, et. al.) before they've had a chance to display their warts? I can see it now...Harris misses a block and Rodgers gets blown up; or Harris fumbles the ball at the goal line; or Harris drops a screen with open field ahead...he'll then be designated a bum, even if that too is an overreaction.

"Excitement" is a nice emotion to be expressed by a QB for a young player. You would not want him to say, "I'm guardedly optimistic about an added dimension he can provide." I'm guardedly optimistic, myself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,015
    All 3 backs looked solid. Green looked powerful. The little guy, too. And the line was opening holes. I hope it continues. I'd love to run out the clock against the Bears, literally.

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I don't want my 5''8" RB's to be relied on to be blockers, like Sproles, Ray Rice, use them as runners and pass-catchers.

Defenses will quickly know when he;s on the field this week, they will expect runs.
    So McCarthy has to run some play-actions with him early, and take advantage of that tendency.

8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,398
    We list Harris at 5'8", 205 lbs., but he was measured at the Combine at 5'7", 197 lbs. The 205 lbs. might be accurate since guys often gain weight in pro programs, but they probably don't get taller.

The point being, should we be calling him a "little guy"? Short, yes. Lbs./inch says not so little.

9. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Well I'm excited about anyone who can run that fast and give us hopefully another weapon. I think he could be a change of pace back for us. I don't expect him to carry a heavy load but what's not to like so far?

10. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    That's what chop blocks are for lol.

11. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Yes I am getting excited about Harris and what he brings to our emerging running game.

12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I'm glad he's 5'7" and not 5'8"!
    He's got the muscle, strength, mass as you say, but on a shorter frame. It makes it harder to get a good lick on the little fella down low..... and (PRAY) harder for guys to get him in the knees which is always my nightmare for any RB, or player actually.

I'd like to see an average game breakdown like this, for carries, for our remaining 3 regular season games, 2 playoff games, and 1 Super Bowl win:

Avg Carries
    Alex Green 10 for 42 yards
    DuJuan Harris 9 for 47 yards
    Ryan Grant 4 for 17 yards
    John Koon 2 for 5 yards

More than anything, I want to see any of them pop an occasional LONG run. Get the defenses THINKING about the run. And making em pay if they do not.

This just in:
    Da Bearz.

Still suck.

13. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,452
    I couldn't have said it better myself HRE

14. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I can't be for certain on this, but I'm pretty sure Harris would kick your *** if you called him "little fella."

15. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I like what he brings,it will give defenses something to think about. 3 R.B.S anyone of them ready to take it too the house,I do like how he keeps on truckin.

16. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    Neither Ced Benson or Ryan Grant have a place in our future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    Perhaps, but I can tell you that Alex Green isn't the answer. I wish he was...

18. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,024
    You can add the oft injured Starks to that list. Also Kuhn as a RB. That gimmick is done too. I'll hold on to my opinion on Green 'til next season. He is still working his way back from last year's injury.

19. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Great article on Harris here, and you won't be dinged with a subscription charge or view count or what not, lol > http://packersinsider.com/?p=4893

20. nwick

nwick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Another Samkon Gado

21. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    LOL, not quite.
    Samkon had some heavy workloads.
    Also, Gado was a bull, not quick like this kid.