1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

DuJuan Harris; anyone else excited by the little fella?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Dec 9, 2012.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I was very impressed by the young dreadlocked mighty might tonight.
    Reminds me of a quicker, but not quite as strong, low Maurice Jones Drew.

Rodgers said he could be "special"!

[​IMG]

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    I would give him a like

4. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I said it before this game, he may be the best pure runner on the team. He seems to have made progress on his ball security, which really gets me fired up about his potential

5. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    Yes I was very impressed also! I think the combo of him with Cedric (in the future) and Grant if he can continue running like he did on that ONE play tonight!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,488
    Nice effort for a tough kid making his first NFL carries. We'll have to see more of him to see if he's the answer to anything. He might be the change of pace guy we need to alternate with Green. But the Lions were playing dead red pass all game, so judgement will have to be reserved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
    There was once a q/b for the Vikings where everyone was speaking so highly of him after one game..

It was ONE game....

Now he really sucks...It was Ponder

As HRE said, lets see it happen more then we can be happy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I think the fans have a right to get exited over this guy.......hell, any improvement to the run game is reason to get hyped.

I think that if he can prove he can catch a screen, he will be a good crafty little weapon. He seems to have the speed we need and decent vision......so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    where did this guy come from?

Glad to see we can go to this guy and even RG for a change of pace

10. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    It is sad that we get this excited for this guy with the limited number of touches he had. But any sign of life in our running game has the capability of getting us excited.

11. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Plus he had some good blocking on that TD, but still some great speed

12. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Agreed, EDS did a great job giving him open space. I was more impressed when I saw how quick he was laterally! GREAT cuts and was fast enough to turn a corner or two

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    Showing any glimpses of a somewhat decent running game is exciting to me. Maybe this is all happening at the right time coming into the playoffs. I'm sure we'll see more of him and it was good to see Ryan Grant back in the green and gold! Good win for the Packers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Packers80

Packers80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44
    I love him already! That first hand-off he had to start off the Packers offense last night was a great run. I'll take him over Starks. Starks runs too east-west trying to find a hole. I CAN"T STAND THAT! We need runners like Harris who aren't afraid to run up the middle.

15. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    The great part is that Harris has the east-west ability without the hesitation. He does need to work on his vision a bit, but I really admire his willingness to press the gap

16. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,136
    IMO the knock on Starks is he can't seem to stay healthy - when healthy he excels at the "plant his foot" and go style required by the Packers' running scheme. He also finishes runs well - almost always falling forward for extra yardage. IMO this is so far off regarding Starks I wonder if you aren't thinking of someone else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,012
    I like how he's not afraid to lower the boom. The thing that irks me so much about Starks and Green is how easily they would go down and not punish defenders especially db's. This "new guy" we have showed speed and power behind his pads. He does rmind me of MJD but can he catch?

18. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Coming out of college they said he was useless blocking and catching. I saw him block last night, so who knows

19. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I was really wondering why it took so long to get him more touches after that run, but I'm glad he got them. If he keeps it up the rest of the season and stays healthy, he should be given every opportunity to compete for the starting job next year. Anyone have any idea how he is on blitz pickups and catching the ball?

20. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Not to take anything away from Grant, but I'm pretty sure Stephen Hawking could have driven his scooter through that hole and picked up a first down, which reminds me. The OL did a nice job yesterday overall. Barclay is a player.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    "They" also said Arian Foster was too slow and couldn't break tackles too.

22. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    True.... but Starks may have run into the back of one of our blockers, and gotten nothing on the run.
    Often reminds me of ole Darrell Thompson from Minnesota. Packer 1st round pick back around 1990, often took the handoff and closed his eyes and just ran the direction the hole was designed. Usually ran right into someone and often times our own guy.... meanwhile there would be big holes if he had vision and could cut back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Thus far I have been impressed with Barclay. He has certainly held his own in the running game, doesn't get nearly as many penalties as EDS and he has shown some real guts coming out in an offense like this and holding his own. When Lang gets healthy I hope the stick him back inside, with that crew of OL getting a game or two to gel before playoffs we could see some more "Steven Hawkins scooter" sized holes in the future.

DuJuan Harris opened my eyes in his first carry as a packer. That was a violent collision that he initiated, not a lot of backs initiate contact like that, gotta love those plays. Apparently though, he has been opening the eyes of the leaders of this team for longer than that. I hope he continues his hard nosed style of running and finds those big chunks of yardage teams are giving us playing 2 high safety all day long

24. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Let's just put it in these terms. When he hit the hole on that first play and initiated the hit at the end, my first thought was, "Damn! Green just grew a pair!" Then they said it was Harris, not Green, and that was enough for me to want to see more of him on the field. The contrast between him and Green is pretty big.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    LOL but its called following your blockers!:p

26. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,488