Duds vs Giants

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you look at our schedule down the stretch there are opponents that frankly are better than us. Can we somehow eke out wins like in Tampa? I doubt it. We need a lot to go our way.
Right now that's true - the Bills, Cowboys, Dolphins, Vikings. Not good. The team has to use its impact players like Jones, Dillon, Cobb, Lazard and keep the pass/run ratio closer to 1/1. Teams get better, usually by weeks 5 or 6, but I don't see it in the Packers.

The frustrating part is that, for the most part, the talent is there, especially on D and certainly the backfield. MLF has to do a better job of using what he has.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now that's true - the Bills, Cowboys, Dolphins, Vikings. Not good. The team has to use its impact players like Jones, Dillon, Cobb, Lazard and keep the pass/run ratio closer to 1/1. Teams get better, usually by weeks 5 or 6, but I don't see it in the Packers.

The frustrating part is that, for the most part, the talent is there, especially on D and certainly the backfield. MLF has to do a better job of using what he has.
And don't we have Philly and the Rams ahead also?

D

Deleted member 6794

However, the Pats OC CALLED the plays. Ours are called by the HC.

True, a lot of teams have their head coach calling plays though.

Using only statistics for support is intellectually lazy.

Yeah, it's much better to rely on the opinion of a random poster on a forum :rolleyes:

The frustrating part is that, for the most part, the talent is there, especially on D and certainly the backfield.

I agree the Packers are more talented than they have been able to show on the field so far. Therefore I'm still optimistic about their chances moving forward though.

And don't we have Philly and the Rams ahead also?

The Rams currently look worse than the Packers though.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, it's much better to rely on the opinion of a random poster on a forum :rolleyes:

I agree the Packers are more talented than they have been able to show on the field so far. Therefore I'm still optimistic about their chances moving forward though.

I think you're a good guy Cap, but it seems that you like to disagree for the sake of disagreement - sometimes, not always. You generally make good use of stats. But as I noted above, you'll use stats incorrectly and in an intellectually lazy, or dishonest way.

It seems like you have a need to always be right, or to criticize first. Maybe it's just insecurity on your part. Certainly other people have noticed. Try to find the times when other people are right, or when people post things you didn't know, and compliment them.

I know English is not your first language, yet you write better than 90% of the people here. Clearly you're a smart guy.

So try a little kindness Cap. I know that's out of character for you. But I don't get why you are so insecure. Change is always possible.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't tell the Rams that. By the time we play them they may have woken up.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't tell the Rams that. By the time we play them they may have woken up.
I hope not. The schedule gets brutal after next week. The Packers have always played well against the Rams. They have to steal some wins against the elite teams on their schedule. And as much as I hate to say it, that includes Dallas. Ugh.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
s I promise you one or more of these “scary” looking teams right now gets sliced and diced and humble pied by Christmas.
I think the most likely candidates are the Cowboys and Vikings. The Cowboys have a powerful D but are playing above their heads on O. The Vikings are the opposite.

Reaction score
I think the most likely candidates are the Cowboys and Vikings. The Cowboys have a powerful D but are playing above their heads on O. The Vikings are the opposite.
Yeah. Dallas recently beat the Giants, Washington and Rams. Nobody too scary and no one got throttled.
They play the Eagles and we’ll find out who the real Division.
I think us and Dallas are pretty equal right now. Maybe Dallas is a smidge better today.

Dallas has a great Defense and solid Running game. But their Offense overall is Top heavy on the running game. That’ll only get you so far, but so far it’s gotten them.

The Eagles have the 10th best Run Defense and 7th best scoring, but 5th best in Sacks. They’ll be pecking at Rush with a sharp beak.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Dallas recently beat the Giants, Washington and Rams. Nobody too scary and no one got throttled.
I think us and Dallas are pretty equal right now. Maybe Dallas is a smidge better today.

Dallas has a great Defense and solid Running game. But their Offense overall is Top heavy on the running game. That’ll only get you so far, but so far it’s gotten them.

The Eagles have the 10th best Run Defense and 7th best scoring, but 5th best in Sacks. They’ll be pecking at Rush with a sharp beak.
Yeah this Eagles team reminds me of the SB Eagles team in 2017. They're well rounded, and Jalen Hurts is that rare OSU QB to thrive in the NFL. They'll be a tough out. But I think the Packers beat the Cowboys and Rams. They need to get back to their strengths though. We'll get some idea this week if they learned a lesson in London.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Replying to the last 2 posts.
Old school please remember the comment about a run heavy offense only getting you so far the next time the Packers run less than they pass.
Hey Joe I believe you have posted multiple times about no Ohio State QBs making it in the NFL. Jalen Hurts played for both Alabama and Oklahoma if memory serves. Now I have plenty of insecurities and at the present time I am definitely the smartest man in the room but I do not point this out to argue with you only to educate you.
P.S. at the time of this posting I am the only person in the room.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think you're a good guy Cap, but it seems that you like to disagree for the sake of disagreement - sometimes, not always. You generally make good use of stats. But as I noted above, you'll use stats incorrectly and in an intellectually lazy, or dishonest way.

It seems like you have a need to always be right, or to criticize first. Maybe it's just insecurity on your part. Certainly other people have noticed. Try to find the times when other people are right, or when people post things you didn't know, and compliment them.

I know English is not your first language, yet you write better than 90% of the people here. Clearly you're a smart guy.

So try a little kindness Cap. I know that's out of character for you. But I don't get why you are so insecure. Change is always possible.

:roflmao: I find it hilarious when people who have never met another person feel qualified to make an evaluation of someone else based on conversations on a forum.

As I have mentioned repeatedly I don't care if other posters have an issue with me disagreeing with their opinions. After all, we're here to discuss about the Packers and all of us should be able to handle having different point of views on a topic.

As a side note, I would really like to know what was intellectual lazy about my post you replied to in the first place.

The Cowboys have won four in a row with Cooper Rush starting at quarterback. I expect them to improve once Prescott returns.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roflmao: I find it hilarious when people who have never met another person feel qualified to make an evaluation of someone else based on conversations on a forum.

As I have mentioned repeatedly I don't care if other posters have an issue with me disagreeing with their opinions. After all, we're here to discuss about the Packers and all of us should be able to handle having different point of views on a topic.

As a side note, I would really like to know what was intellectual lazy about my post you replied to in the first place.

The Cowboys have won four in a row with Cooper Rush starting at quarterback. I expect them to improve once Prescott returns.
Kind of the reply I expected. You're so insecure you don't even know how to handle a compliment. Very sad.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Old school please remember the comment about a run heavy offense only getting you so far the next time the Packers run less than they pass.
Hey Joe I believe you have posted multiple times about no Ohio State QBs making it in the NFL. Jalen Hurts played for both Alabama and Oklahoma if memory serves. Now I have plenty of insecurities and at the present time I am definitely the smartest man in the room but I do not point this out to argue with you only to educate you.
P.S. at the time of this posting I am the only person in the room.
Oops, my bad. Thanks Schultz. Back to the drawing board for OSU. And thanks for the humor!

Hey Schultz, maybe I'm wrong about my OSU QB comments. Do any great or even good NFL QBs come to mind (past or present) who have played for OSU? There must be some.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Kind of the reply I expected. You're so insecure you don't even know how to handle a compliment. Very sad.

I truly hope you're not working in a job which requires any skill in analyzing people as you're absolutely terrible at it. Once again, I advise that you don't form an opinion about another person based on interaction on an internet forum.

As a side note, you still haven't answered my question.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly hope you're not working in a job which requires any skill in analyzing people as you're absolutely terrible at it. Once again, I advise that you don't form an opinion about another person based on interaction on an internet forum.

As a side note, you still haven't answered my question.
Wow, the "insecurity" comment really hit home. A person who was confident in themselves would have ignored it.

And I explained why your comment was intellectually lazy. Read it again after you've calmed down.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a common theme with capt. He has been told numerous times how others view him and he dont give a *** and wont change.

Best to ignore each other or take to to pm

Or we will force it

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a common theme with capt. He has been told numerous times how others view him and he dont give a *** and wont change.

Best to ignore each other or take to to pm

Or we will force it
Thanks, LTF. Agree that it's been a common theme with him and others on here. People don't change. Best to ignore and get back to the Packers!

Speaking of which, who do you like Sunday? Close game I think. These aren't the Jets of old. Packers 21, Jets 17. And they better get back to running the ball and burn through some clock.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, LTF. Agree that it's been a common theme with him and others on here. People don't change. Best to ignore and get back to the Packers!

Speaking of which, who do you like Sunday? Close game I think. These aren't the Jets of old. Packers 21, Jets 17. And they better get back to running the ball and burn through some clock.
I think every game this season will be a struggle.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Im very disappointed. I think it will be a tough 3 more games

Reaction score
I said use it situationally. I also said separately to never use a blanket approach si I’ve already addressed that.

Btw. When has MLF really ever continually run more than pass?
I never said I wanted a team to run more than pass every game that would be just silly.

To reiterate I said use the RB’s more in BOTH Run and Pass. Not sure if you realize that our RB run close to 50% of the total O usage. It’s higher than you’d think and it shocked me when I did the numbers.

I have repeatedly said All-Purpose. That includes both using RB more combined. If the Run is working fine, run more. But mix in more pass to your veterans until Watson and Watkins can play and start clicking

Listen this isn’t something they aren’t addressing but our human memories can be short once we win a game. They got weak and reverted last game. Dillon and Jones were rushing for like 5+ per. Why throw 3 times in a row?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

To reiterate I said use the RB’s more in BOTH Run and Pass. Not sure if you realize that our RB run close to 50% of the total O usage. It’s higher than you’d think and it shocked me when I did the numbers.

It's interesting to note that Rodgers targeted running backs on 55% of his throws during the seven games Adams missed from 2019-21. For some reason that number is down to only 20% this season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think every game this season will be a struggle.
Sure seems that way. I knew the WR and TE groups would be challenging, but not to this extent. The top 3 WRs so far are Cobb, Lazard, and Doubs and in that order. When you have Cobb as the top receiver, that's trouble. In fairness, he has been playing great.

The Packers are paying for ignoring WR for so many years, to state the obvious.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts