1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Drug testing??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Trapped In Vikingville, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    Is drug testing done throughout the year? I continue to hear the Viking's fans whine and call Matthews out as a juicer. I don't believe it but I would like something to throw back in their face if I had some facts about drug testing. I have been explaining to the Viking's fan's that it's special therapy completed in a top secret place at Lambeau Field called a .................... weight room!!!!!!
    Trapped

2. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    They are wanting to start testing for drugs in the players blood since the drugs stay in the blood much longer than they do in urine, dont know when they are going to start though.

3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    You think it's only the Vikings claiming that? You ought to hear them whining on the Bears message board.

Now that testing for HGH is about to begin, they are claiming his weight is WAY down as he probably stopped taking it. And his stats are showing it. It doesn't matter he deliberately lost some weight to get faster. It doesn't matter that teams are now double and tripling teaming on him. It's he was a juicer, and now he's not.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-hgh-testing-to-begin-as-early-as-next-week/1

5. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Not just Vikings fans, Squealer fans complain too when they can't accept one player just might be a bad *** SOB, but if he was on their team they'd pamper him down with excuses like Big Ben. 2 interceptions in the Super Bowl and it was the "refs' that made us win lol priceless.

6. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    Looks to me Clay is the same other than getting leaner arms look the same,vike fans should worry about some of their players going off to jail.

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    This has been going on for a long time. Philly fans were whining about him because of game 1 last year when he took out Kolb. Clay's sideline antics and hair flipping scared the hell out of some Eagles fans. If I recall, the Bills fans were up in arms because of Edwards.

I think they are hating on him in part because he is so good. It's also envy, they wish they had a player on their team of his caliber.

8. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    People accused me of taking steroids. They claimed I can't be this funny without taking enhancement creams.

9. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Just sour grapes by fans who are bitter because they had a chance at him and went with Percy Harvin instead.

But yes, to answer your question, drug testing is done throughout the season. It's not publicized (unless the player says something) and is done at random.

10. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    They can do so many random tests a year. I don't think it's unlimited however. I have not seen the new drug testing policy. They had the old one online. Funny thing is most drugs are out of the system in less that 48 hours. The one that stays in the longest is THC.