Driver

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Correction: Soon-to-be-37 years old. But then again, PFT isn't particularly known for getting their facts straight.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
FOR THE LOVE OF PETER , PAUL AND MARY!!!!

Why oh why did i log on?!?! dang it... going to nfl channel now..

*ok... went to Packers.com first and watched it from DD himself....
http://www.packers.com/media-center...e-cleats/9841edce-a1dd-413a-99e5-4e3c56d6fec8

He's not ready to quit yet,...I just hope the Packers keep him until he retires.
If they can't... I feel better after watching the video.
I'm still going to hold out that he's going to stay. period!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he would leave if he isn't getting paid enough?
Say it isn't so. That Donald isn't another prima donna.
I thought he was above all that. That he was more down-to-earth and better than all those other greedy players.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So he would leave if he isn't getting paid enough?
Say it isn't so. That Donald isn't another prima donna.
I thought he was above all that. That he was more down-to-earth and better than all those other greedy players.

I hope that was tongue-in-cheek.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sucks, but both sides have to make good financial decisions for themselves and that includes Driver if the Packers aren't gonna pay him squat. I do wish they'd find a way to keep him though.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I do not think Ted will pay him the money.

But yet he'll pay a useless scrub like AJ Hawk a fortune. Driver is still a reliable receiver. The only question is does Driver mentally still want to play this game. Sometimes being able to physically cut it in this sport isn't enough. You have to mentally be into it and sometimes guys aren't anymore. Look at Barry Sanders. Dude could have easily played another 3 years and rushed for over 3,000 more yards.

D

Dan115

But yet he'll pay a useless scrub like AJ Hawk a fortune. Driver is still a reliable receiver. The only question is does Driver mentally still want to play this game. Sometimes being able to physically cut it in this sport isn't enough. You have to mentally be into it and sometimes guys aren't anymore. Look at Barry Sanders. Dude could have easily played another 3 years and rushed for over 3,000 more yards.

I think Driver will be playing somewhere.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Did you listen to his interview this morning. He plans on playing somewhere.

Unfortunately, I doubt that any team is going to pay much for a 37 1/2 year old WR coming off a 37 catch season. I'm well aware of Donald's great intangibles, but production is the bottom line. I think at this point, I just don't see anyone giving him a starting job.

I would estimate about a 40-45% chance Donald will still be here next year. But if Gurley or someone else blows up in camp next year, I think that will be it for his career in GB. It also depends on what happens with the TE position. It's possible they might keep 6 WRs and only 2 or 3 TEs. But I doubt they'd have more than 5 WRs active at one time.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score

I know that. It was the moronic "useless scrub" part that I was referring to.

Moronic? A linebacker being paid the kind of money he is being given when he can't cover, he can't tackle and every time he blitzes finds a blocker. How can you be so sub-par at all three of those and be a linebacker anyway?

Moronic? Lol okay.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Moronic? A linebacker being paid the kind of money he is being given when he can't cover, he can't tackle and every time he blitzes finds a blocker. How can you be so sub-par at all three of those and be a linebacker anyway?

Moronic? Lol okay.

Exaggeration doesn't help your argument. Your assessment is more than a little off. That's my opinion and I'm leaving it at that. I'm not going to hijack this thread, which is about Donald Driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts