Driver would Welcome Robinson to the team

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JSonline:

"He's a good kid," Driver said. "I know he can play the game. I don't know too much about Koren, but I know he is a good player. We only have four wides (receivers) on the active roster."

Driver is aware of Robinson's battle with alcohol, which has left him in deep water with authorities and the National Football League. Because of several alcohol-related incidents, Robinson is facing not only legal trouble but a possible one-year suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Driver said Robinson would not be a threat to the camaraderie of the receivers and would be coming to an environment where his peer group is mostly family men.

"We are our own group," Driver said. "We're different because most of us are married, most of us have kids. We don't hang out that much. If he comes in and wants to be here, he'll be here. I think every man knows what they do wrong. He knows right from wrong.

"If he comes in and plays it will be a great situation. I think he would fit in this system. He's been in it for a long time."
-------------------------------------------------
Driver is a nice guy.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the piece trom,

I for one, respect DD's opinion and believe we should give Robinson a shot, end of story !!!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robinson is probably going to end up with a NFL one year suspension for repeat substance abuse (alcohol). The man has a problem which he has to deal with. It is a reoccurring problem that he must face. It would do him no good, giving his a spot on roster with the Green Bay Packers, until he successfully deals with his problem. Maybe in the future after he really deals with his problem.

I think Donald Driver is good sincere man but, Koren Robinson needs more than what Donald says. I realize many think Green Bay needs a veteran wide receiver, but Koren Robinson under the present circumstance he find himself in , is not the answer to Green Bay wide receiver problem.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
driver would be a cool guy to meet & hang out with. i respect his opinion as well but i do hesitate since robinson clearly needs to go into rehab to truly address his problem. will he truly be an effective player?? don't know.

that being said...we NEED a veteran WR...NOW!!!!!!!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:

I for one, respect DD's opinion and believe we should give Robinson a shot, end of story !!!
I think giving him a "shot" is what got him in trouble! 8)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am predicting now that KRob will be a GB Packer next week.

He will be signed after week 1 because four year vets are assured of their salary for the year if signed and on the team week one. That's a risk the Pack do not want to take.

I am all for giving a guy that's trying a chance. God knows alcohol is not easy to beat. You can bet there are plenty of guys in the league with that addiction if not others.

As long as the guy is not a jerk, which I have heard no reference to such, I say give him a chance.

I overcame the juice and so did my wife. My Bro did not and he is no longer with us. He was, however, a great guy and my best friend.

I just couldn't get the Viet Nam demons out of his head. Drinking gave him a place to go and forget about it. He passed out in his apartment one night with a lit cigarette after a Sunday drinking affair with some friends and with no smoke detectors in the place to wake him he didn't make it out.

Some here can take a drink with no problem. For others the drink takes them. For many of the former it is difficult to understand how much it takes control of the later.

I hope the best for KRob in beating this because the alternative isn't good. What ultimately happens to those that can't is never good.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
JSonline:

"He's a good kid," Driver said. "I know he can play the game. I don't know too much about Koren, but I know he is a good player. We only have four wides (receivers) on the active roster."

Driver is aware of Robinson's battle with alcohol, which has left him in deep water with authorities and the National Football League. Because of several alcohol-related incidents, Robinson is facing not only legal trouble but a possible one-year suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Driver said Robinson would not be a threat to the camaraderie of the receivers and would be coming to an environment where his peer group is mostly family men.

"We are our own group," Driver said. "We're different because most of us are married, most of us have kids. We don't hang out that much. If he comes in and wants to be here, he'll be here. I think every man knows what they do wrong. He knows right from wrong.

"If he comes in and plays it will be a great situation. I think he would fit in this system. He's been in it for a long time."
-------------------------------------------------
Driver is a nice guy.

I love Driver but the first two paragraphs of this story says it al:

"He's a good kid"......."....I don't know too much about Koren"...."Driver is aware of Robinson's battle with alcohol, which has left him in deep water..."

I don't think Donald Driver would say a bad word about anybody.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I guess I'm thinking now maybe give him a shot and if he messes up once he's done, like Nick Saban said to Marcus Vick.

I respect DD positive and nice additude

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

I think giving him a "shot" is what got him in trouble! 8)

one shot? lolol, let's say 7 shots!

Btw, I met a viqueens fan here in Norway today, I talked a lot of trash to him :p

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren Robinson was here in Green Bay for a visit not workout. It was reported as such to the NFL in the Green Bay Packer's report to the League.
In my opinion , He will not be signed to contract to play with the Packers this year. Right now it looks like the Packers are going with the wide receivers on the roster and those on practice squad.

Members online

Latest posts