Driver wants Favre back

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Posted: Jan. 29, 2007
SportsDay

Bob Wolfley

Two years ago on media day during Super Bowl week in Jacksonville, Fla., Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver created a stir when he said during a radio interview that he thought quarterback Brett Favre would not return to play in 2005.

His comments attracted national attention. In subsequent interviews, he said his prediction was only an opinion and not based on any conversation he had with Favre in the off-season.

Monday morning in Miami, Driver was interviewed by Chicago radio station WSCR-AM (670) and he was much less controversial about the topic.

"I hope he comes back," Driver said, referring to Favre. "I think he still loves it."

Driver said he wanted Favre to return because he wouldn't have to face any learning curve, which would be required with another quarterback.

Driver explained that he picked up Favre and put him on his shoulder at the end of the game against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field because he wanted to do that at least once, if the 2006 season happened to be the last one for Favre.

Favre created a bit with Driver this season during a game against the Miami Dolphins by running up to Driver, hoisting him on his shoulder and carrying him around.

Even though the Packers have a rivalry with the Bears, Driver said he would be rooting for Chicago on Sunday. Driver said his allegiance was to any team representing the Packers' conference.

"I'm pulling for the NFC team," Driver said.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted: Jan. 29, 2007
SportsDay

Bob Wolfley

Two years ago on media day during Super Bowl week in Jacksonville, Fla., Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver created a stir when he said during a radio interview that he thought quarterback Brett Favre would not return to play in 2005.

His comments attracted national attention. In subsequent interviews, he said his prediction was only an opinion and not based on any conversation he had with Favre in the off-season.

Monday morning in Miami, Driver was interviewed by Chicago radio station WSCR-AM (670) and he was much less controversial about the topic.

"I hope he comes back," Driver said, referring to Favre. "I think he still loves it."

Driver said he wanted Favre to return because he wouldn't have to face any learning curve, which would be required with another quarterback.

Driver explained that he picked up Favre and put him on his shoulder at the end of the game against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field because he wanted to do that at least once, if the 2006 season happened to be the last one for Favre.

Favre created a bit with Driver this season during a game against the Miami Dolphins by running up to Driver, hoisting him on his shoulder and carrying him around.

Even though the Packers have a rivalry with the Bears, Driver said he would be rooting for Chicago on Sunday. Driver said his allegiance was to any team representing the Packers' conference.

"I'm pulling for the NFC team," Driver said.

Probably a short interview, because it didn't mention Driver and Favre's strong friendship, which I'd like to believe is one of the reasons Driver wants Favre back. Personally, I think Favre is still in the top ten QB's in the league and he's good for two to three more years. Driver won't get the numbers he's been getting the past few years with another QB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow!!! a player wants Brett to return how schocking :p

Driver was on espn doing an interview, almost sounds like this one?

he said he is an NFC guy so has to pull for the Bears..

But when they guy asked him who did he think would win he said the COLTS...

He also announced a promotion he is doing with Sharpie..

Autographs for Action..

they go to schools and clubs have kids sign an autograph and those kids schools get money for school supplies

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never knew how close the 2 were till I saw DD's quote that is now my sig. Hard to believe but DD is actually one of the old guys Favre has left. I couldn't believe when I think I saw on the birthdays yesterday DD turned 32.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Donald Driver had a nice birthday gift from Brett. He let it be known he was playing in 2007 (which I said he was going to do all the along hah)

Members online

Latest posts