1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Driver should get more recognition

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    GREAT article, zero...thanks for posting it!

this is what a guy like driver can give us UNlike a TO/Moss type guy. driver understands what it's like to be a leader on a TEAM - something that is lacking these days.

good on ya, driver!! :)

3. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Driver is a guy who has made the absolute most of his talent and ability and he might be the most unselfish player on this team. It appears he's always doing something to help someone. A few years ago the Packer played a benefit basketball game at our local high school. The team was made up of mostly end of the roster guys. Driver showed up. He was contracted to show up, he came on his own. He was literally the hit of the game. He was outgoing, talking to people, and it looked as if he had a ball playing this game. He is just a gentleman all the time, and the bottom line is that "he gets it." He understands that life is a lot more about being a good person than being a great athlete. This is a guy whose future beyond football is going to be bright because there is always a place for good person.

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He should. Driver has been this teams #1 option for 4 years now. Not Javon Walker. Driver was Favre's go to guy and he'll continue to prove why this year. Top 5 for one of the most underrated players in the game today in my opinion.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    He should although I would like to see less celebrating after each catch. Act like ya done it before bro!

6. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Vandermeuese could've added that Driver has been underappreciated by Packer fans, rather than just people around the league. But this does seem to be changing, finally.

There was one national football publication that ranked Driver as the 27th best receiver in the league this off-season. Very strange. He's at least in the top 15, possibly even top 10.