driver overrated?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFaninBucLand said:
Even worse is Greg Jennings getting honorable mention. I'm surprised he was even on the radar as being over or underrated. Who, outside of Packer fans, was even talking about Jennings last year.

Ya whats up with that

The guy who wrote the article
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
KC Joyner

F**K YOU, YOUR AN IDIOT!

The guy's a communist. I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

Driver's numbers speak for themselves.
| 2002 gnb | 16 | 8 70 8.8 0 | 70 1064 15.2 9 |
| 2003 gnb | 15 | 5 51 10.2 0 | 52 621 11.9 2 |
| 2004 gnb | 16 | 3 4 1.3 0 | 84 1208 14.4 9 |
| 2005 gnb | 16 | 2 13 6.5 0 | 86 1221 14.2 5 |
| 2006 gnb | 16 | 7 16 2.3 0 | 92 1295 14.1 8 |
+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| TOTAL | 113 | 29 196 6.8 1 | 421 5929 14.1 36 |

I just did the last five years. Note that 2003, he had less than stellar numbers because we were a running team that year.

Plus, Driver's a class act. While other ballplayers spend their money on lavish crap, Driver helps single mothers buy houses. I forgot the number, but it was pretty significant. People like Donald Driver make me proud to be an American. If everyone was like him, we'd have a much better country.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
84 catches a year and 1185.8 yards/season over the last 5 years.

He averages over 50 first downs a season.

His Pro Bowl appearances were well deserved.

The only thing is if one is a fantasy football player Donald may not have the TD catches proportional to his other numbers.

Reality always trumps fantasy football numbers.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW... ummm, seriously why aren't we getting paid to say what we think about football? They could hire a Packer forum to counterbalance all of the anti-Packer sentiment from these football "geniuses."

He can take his "metrics" system and shove it up his *******, it's a crock of ****.

^more intellectual than the article that guy wrote

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just one guys opinion. Most people would say Driver is an underrated receiver and I'm sure most of us would agree with that. This guy was asked to write a story on overrated and underrated receivers and based on his formula which looks in my opinion way to technical, Driver was overrated.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver has PROVEN himself. It's not like he's a one year wonder.
Makes me wonder HOW some of these putzes get jobs as "professional" writers.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow What a shrewd and cunning writer.

Knowing that the Packers have the largest fan base in the world, he attacks the one player who may be the epitome of a Green Bay Packer.

How clever he is to write the article, gambling on that he will get whole lot of attention...

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overrated... yeah...

I present exhibit 1. FF to the 1:00 mark:
Link

We know how he's capable of creating space and fighting/accelerating for YAC, but how many WR's could have made this catch?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a croc. The guy finally get's elevated to pro-bowl status after consistantly being the "Donald Who?" guy that only made all the tough catches and accumulated big yards without so much as a yawn from people.

Before last year he was like third in total yards over the three previous years to Smith and Horn and not ANYBODY would have guessed that but now he's overrated?

What does it take anyways?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overrated... yeah...

I present exhibit 1. FF to the 1:00 mark:
Link

We know how he's capable of creating space and fighting/accelerating for YAC, but how many WR's could have made this catch?
THAT was fun to watch! Thanks for the link!
Driver had TWO guys all over him, yet took the ball away.
INCREDIBLE catch!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gave up on the whole overrated/underrated thing a few years ago. It means nothing because with so much media coverage these days, not to mention blogs and message boards and so forth, there are just too many opinions out there. If a lot of people say a player is overrated, doesn't that mean he's really underrated? And if a lot of people say a player is underrated, doesn't that mean he's really overrated?

It's become an excuse for writing an article without really having anything to say. But people read it because it's the off-season and they're bored.

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]You´ve right Greg C. i agree with you on that.
I think people write these kind of articles just to get antention.
Saying that Driver is underrated is just a way to get alot of people to react and that´s because he´s such a beloved player.

Maybe soon someone will write an article to say that Favre is a underrated too?[/align]

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I laugh when I read posts like this, not because it's a bad posting, but because who in their right mind can look at Donald Driver as being over rated. What was he a 7th round draft choice? The man has accomlished more than almost any 7th round draft choice that has ever played the game. Ok, maybe an over statement. Truthfully he has been the best receiver that Brett has thrown too since Robert Brooks retired. Granted Brett has probably made him better, but that's what a great quarterback will do for you.

Seriously, Donald Driver is fearless, works his butt off all the time and has consistently refined his game to the point that is one of the best receivers in the game today. He has become one of the few weapons Brett has had to throw too in last five years. I'm sorry ESPN feels that way but they are mainly talking heads anyway. I give very little credit to anything they say.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now ESPN.com has a story that ranks Driver as an overrated receiver. Why doesn't ESPN just admit that the network hates the Packers.

This is, like everything else related to ESPN, an effort to promote the big market teams/whatever they can feature on their ultimate highlight stupid *** rap montages/whatever stuart scott can add no insight to whatsoever/whoever Chris Berman can give a stupid *** nickname to/whoever Ron Jaworski can provide the wrong facts about...ESPN's sports (not football, sports) coverage isn't worth a dime anymore

Driver is underrated and it's probably due to the fact he doesn't do wacky celebration dances (Chad Johnson), or has a funny sounding last name (Houshmandzadeh), causes distractions (Owens, Randy Moss), or has 'Big Game' as a nickname (Tory Holt)...Driver just shuts up and does his job and puts up 1,000+ every season...same thing happened to Marvin Harrison before the Colts' success of the last season or two

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The concept is called "trolling." You say things to intentionally offend people, something so outlandish that people can't help getting inflamed. Then they tell their friends.

These "journalists" make money by hits. It's a popularity thing. The more people hit the site, the more money they make. What we need to do is not feed the trolls.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may be overrated, here in Packerland. We see the passion and energy he brings to the game and think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Objectively, he is probably somewhere between 5-10 in the NFC. But, there is no way he has gotten a level of respect nationally to qualify as overrated.

This article is a joke.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts