driver overrated?

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now ESPN.com has a story that ranks Driver as an overrated receiver. Why doesn't ESPN just admit that the network hates the Packers.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could care less what ESPN thinks. Driver is not overrated. He has been double and triple teamed the last 2 years and has still put up solid numbers. He is a consummate professional and a kickass receiver. Driver is probably not in the top 30 of receivers in the league as far as talent goes. I don't even know how smart he is. But the man can catch, he's willing to go across the middle, and can make people miss. I'll take production over talent anyday.

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[align=left]I agree, I think Driver is a a WR who´s never make a bad game. He do what he supose to do whioch not all recivers do. I think he is a raw model to all recivers as myself, he someone to look up to and learn of[/align]

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol ... i hope donald is made aware of this ... if so ... i feel sorry for the upcoming DB's who have to cover him

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, zero. All the guy does is perform...and rack up 1000 yard plus seasons.....and working in double coverage more often than not the last several years.

Honestly, he should be on the underrated list....except for the fact that ESPN has a massive ******* (not of the good variety) for the Packers.

OP
OP
B

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's best is that I thought he would be on the underrated list, and there he was on the overrated one.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overrated?? that that is a crazy, I cant wait this year for DD to post up major stats and big plays.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD is now overrated? Before he never got any credit at all and I still dont think he does. your right ESPN hates the Packers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont you have to be rated first to be overrated. ESPN,FoxSports,etc ignore DD as if he doesn't even exist....

wow.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
E specially S tupid P eople N ow
Dang......these guys are idiots!
No......wait........thats not being fair to all the idiots in the world.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even worse is Greg Jennings getting honorable mention. I'm surprised he was even on the radar as being over or underrated. Who, outside of Packer fans, was even talking about Jennings last year.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even worse is Greg Jennings getting honorable mention. I'm surprised he was even on the radar as being over or underrated. Who, outside of Packer fans, was even talking about Jennings last year.

Ya whats up with that

The guy who wrote the article
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
KC Joyner

F**K YOU, YOUR AN IDIOT!

Reaction score
That's some poor stuff from ESPN.

For a few years now, Driver has been the heart and soul of our WR crops, and more importantly (like people above me have said) he's done it while getting double and tripled team.

The amount of production, his age, and the general lack of top notch receiving talent around him surely speaks volumes about how good of a player he really is.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's best is his opening line:

"For sheer production, Driver had few equals last year, as he ranked fifth in the league in receptions and in receiving yards."

He says Driver doesn't catch enough deep balls, but is not thrown anything over 20 yards very often. He's a YAC man, just like Steve Smith.

HOW DOES JENNINGS MAKE THAT LIST? Ridiculous.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has to be one of the most surprising articles ever. All this time we think he is underrated, and now he is overrated.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honorable menations also include Randy Moss and TORY HOLT, are you kidding me? This reporter is like that guy in the espn add were the guy's butt is talking about sports.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFaninBucLand said:

Ya whats up with that

KC Joyner

F**K YOU, YOUR AN IDIOT!

Never trust a guy who wears his hair parted down the middle.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
PackFaninBucLand said:

Ya whats up with that

KC Joyner

F**K YOU, YOUR AN IDIOT!

Never trust a guy who wears his hair parted down the middle.

As opposed, perhaps, to the side part? :-?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not 100% on this, but this article seems to be about fantasy over/underrating.

Dude's statistic format is retarded, though. I had Bryant Johnson from AZ in fantasy last year, and he was a bum. To say a #3 behind Fitz and Boldin is underrated is ridiculous. He had a couple big catches in the games I saw, but was nothing special. Trust me. He was a bum.

I'll bet he thinks guys like Vince Young and DHall are underrated, too. What a turd. Absolute turd.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts