Driver hurt!!!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Monday night his hands were listed as questionable also.

Driver's problems occurred after getting injured. It's likely that the rib injury was affecting his play. He's a great WR with excellent hands. Those drops were very uncharacteristic of him and it was obviously he was hurting.

To his credit, he didn't want to let the team down and he continued to go out there after the injuries.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That first TD drop was early....I think it was before the hit he took. Either way you gotta make those plays, hurt or not.

I'm not down on him. I love DD but he had a big part in the loss Monday night.

On another note, it's about time our safeties start punishing receivers when they go for the ball.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
That first TD drop was early....I think it was before the hit he took. Either way you gotta make those plays, hurt or not.

On another note, it's about time our safeties start punishing receivers when they go for the ball.

Amen Brother De! I don't think Manuel can catch them though. Underwood was a big loss in TC.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess what? He'll start Sunday.

They have to post conditions to the league office. Until a player is listed as "out", they are capable of playing. Questionable really means...."I'm hurting like hell, but give me some painkillers and lets strap it on!"

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys see the injury report!

There are a lot of guys. Green Bay is going into this week really banged up.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
DePack said:

Amen Brother De! I don't think Manuel can catch them though. Underwood was a big loss in TC.

Having watched these four games and seeing the problems in the defensive backfield I see a couple of things that are consistant on the big plays allowed where a corner or DB gets beat deep.

1) It's often on 1st or 2nd down off a play fake which results in:

2) The lack of a good pass rush. (Most the big plays there was no pressure.)

3) The Safties were up fairly close(closer than you normally see Safties play back there).

I think it was Pyle that noted on most the big plays the safties aren't providing much help. If they don't stay back a little further they aren't going to be able to get an angle to help.

I know they help in the run game but I would rather see them make tackles on the RB's three yards further down field AND be able to help back there than to be so close to the line that I see at times.

I know there's a lot to these schemes and being three or four yards deeper probably has an effect elsewhere on what they want to do.

But the fact is we are giving up too many big plays and way to often the receiver is getting behind the DB or the help for the Corner is too late.

The other problem is busted assignments but I would like to see those two back up a little and have the angle they need to help make a play more often.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depack... Scoresandodds.com the site i usually use has them at -3

however i just checked a bunch of other sites and everyone else is at +3

either way im takin the packers

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
War~

I agree with you on the play fake. At least 3 times I have seen Manuel get sucked in by the play fake and then can't cover the route or close on helping his corner. He tends to play the run first and then the pass. Everyone that knows football know the cardinal sin for a safety is to let the receiver get behind him.

Manual seems adept at putting the reciever between himself and the goal line :roll: :x

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

There's still no question he's been the best WR target on the roster. You are right that he missed that TD catch, which I forgot about, but wasn't there a defender hanging on him for that play.

I know you can always say that a player should have made a certain play, but bruised or broken ribs hurt like hell and I'm sure it affected his reach on that one slant route.

Of all of the players on this roster, Driver is the last one who I would question his toughness, talent or desire. There are many other guys on this team who deserve being called out before him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver just had a bad game. He wasn't the only one. Hopefully he can rebound. Like stated injury or not he dropped two big balls. One for a TD and the other was a slant where he could of ran into Philly territory. Just a bad game. No way else to explain it.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for KR to come up big. He'll be behind bars in about 3 months so you know he's going to play his **** off while he can. Driver will rebound as well. We cannot be 0-3 at home. The Pack will be fired up.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
K-Rob and Jennings have the talent and ability to make big plays hopefully they will and Driver come back as soon as possible.

Members online

Latest posts