Driver having a Pro Bowl season

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has already been mentioned in an earlier thread about DD, but this guy should have a good shot at the Pro Bowl. Check out the stats below. He is fourth in the league in receiving yards (second in the NFC), tied for 7th in catches, he has a respectable number of TD's (7), and most impressive of all, he leads all wide receivers in yards after the catch (YAC), which says a lot about how hard this guy plays. He's got the intangibles to go along with the stats.

His TD yesterday was the most amazing play of the season by any member of our team, as far as I'm concerned.

Here are the numbers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/2006/receiving/0_byRECPT_YDS.html

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should be there...But it wouldnt surprise me if he didnt make it. Same thing with Harris in 2004 I believe it was.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
This has already been mentioned in an earlier thread about DD, but this guy should have a good shot at the Pro Bowl. Check out the stats below. He is fourth in the league in receiving yards (second in the NFC), tied for 7th in catches, he has a respectable number of TD's (7), and most impressive of all, he leads all wide receivers in yards after the catch (YAC), which says a lot about how hard this guy plays. He's got the intangibles to go along with the stats.

His TD yesterday was the most amazing play of the season by any member of our team, as far as I'm concerned.

Here are the numbers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/stats/2006/receiving/0_byRECPT_YDS.html

One intangible is he plays his heart out every time he touches the ball. I really hope it happens this year.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One stat that rocks is YAC(Yards after the Catch)

DD is 7th in the NFL with 420yards. But it's interesting because the 6 people ahead of him are all Running Backs.

The next reciever is 9th and his name is Steve Smith.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
One stat that rocks is YAC(Yards after the Catch)

DD is 7th in the NFL with 420yards. But it's interesting because the 6 people ahead of him are all Running Backs.

The next reciever is 9th and his name is Steve Smith.

Driver is ahead of Steve Smith in YAC? That's frakken awesome! :packbeer:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Here are the numbers:

One intangible is he plays his heart out every time he touches the ball. I really hope it happens this year.

I agree 110 % - DD is a Class act all the way, plays with his heart and I don't even want to think what we would be like without him. Pro Bowl all the way Baby !!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To all the detractors that said DD isn't a #1 reciever i say........ :whippin:
They should be horsewhipped! If he doesn't make the Pro Bowl, something is seriously wrong!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver was always this teams #1 receiver. He has 4 1,000 yard years in 5 seasons now. Walker was our #2 when he was here. Favre always looked Driver's way 1st. Walker was the deep threat.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To all the detractors that said DD isn't a #1 reciever i say........ :whippin:
They should be horsewhipped! If he doesn't make the Pro Bowl, something is seriously wrong!

Well said. I remember at the beginning of the season, a lot of folks were saying Driver wasn't a true #1 WR. I think this season he proved them all wrong.

Now that the stats are in - Driver #2 in yards (by only 13 yards), #5 in receptions (although #1 and #2 are RBs), and tied for fifth in TD receptions. Keep in mind, Driver also has a big ZERO fumbles.

Intangibles on his side - a good blocker, plays his heart out every time he touches the ball, good for team morale.

I really hope he makes it this year. He deserves it.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is now 4th overall in the NFL, only beaten by Chad Johnson, Roy Williams and Reggie Wayne. The only two that might make it over him are Steve Smith and Williams, If any others beat him I'm going to be pissed.

PS. AJ Hawk is 10th in the NFL for tackles.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver has had probowl seasons this year and the 2 years before and what do people have to say about him?????? Is Donald Driver a true number 1 WR in the NFL.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver has had probowl seasons this year and the 2 years before and what do people have to say about him?????? Is Donald Driver a true number 1 WR in the NFL.
Once again, because the Packers arn't a "big marketr" team, we get overlooked if the team isn't having a great season. That is a shame for guys like Driver, that just keep making big plays. He has proven himself. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves and has EARNED!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He basically has a Pro Bowl season every year but never gets picked. I saw a stat at the beginning of the season where for the two previous years combined he was 3rd behind SJackson and Horn in total receiving yards.

That's pretty incredible considering he wasn't even a #1 in '04 and only became the #1 when Walker got hurt.

I would think after this many consecutive years with the numbers he has had they will put him in this year. It's not like he just jumped up out of no where.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He basically has a Pro Bowl season every year but never gets picked. I saw a stat at the beginning of the season where for the two previous years combined he was 3rd behind SJackson and Horn in total receiving yards.

That's pretty incredible considering he wasn't even a #1 in '04 and only became the #1 when Walker got hurt.

I would think after this many consecutive years with the numbers he has had they will put him in this year. It's not like he just jumped up out of no where.
He's not a "ME ME!!!" guy. He just quietly goes out and puts up great numbers every year. Hopefully he wil get his due this year.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually DD was the #1 WR, not Walker. Walker got the bigger media coverage because of some great deep catches, but DD was the #1 WR.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wonder what's going to happen to Driver when Brett finally does retire?

Hopefully, not next year though.

Will his stats go down? It will be interesting to watch and see.

(I think they will..obviously with a rookie QB..)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

Actually DD was the #1 WR, not Walker. Walker got the bigger media coverage because of some great deep catches, but DD was the #1 WR.

My bad. I assumed that Walker was the #1 in '04, you know, the one big year he had which he tried to parlay into a new contract?

The main point I was making is that NO ONE would have picked DD as the third guy on that list. He just continues to sail under the radar when it comes to recognition by all other than the next CB he is facing.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

I think his stats will decrease a little.
However, there is one thing I have to say about Driver this season... usually all you hear is how Favre makes all of his receivers, and how without Favre they would be nothing, like Antonio Freeman. I think Driver has actually kind of made Favre look good this season, not to take anything away from Brett. Driver constantly makes plays by himself after the catch, and though it helps that he has Brett throwing to him, Driver has worked hard for all these stats, and they're a result of him playing well, not just him having Favre at QB.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

I think his stats will decrease a little.
However, there is one thing I have to say about Driver this season... usually all you hear is how Favre makes all of his receivers, and how without Favre they would be nothing, like Antonio Freeman. I think Driver has actually kind of made Favre look good this season, not to take anything away from Brett. Driver constantly makes plays by himself after the catch, and though it helps that he has Brett throwing to him, Driver has worked hard for all these stats, and they're a result of him playing well, not just him having Favre at QB.

Giving credit where it's due, Driver has made Favre look better this season. It's usually Favre makes his receivers look good. If I remember correctly, at least two of Driver's TDs have been routes that should have been just first downs that Driver put 110% effort into and converted into TDs.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey said it right. If Double D gets overlooked its because the Packers arent having a good year record wise. And if thats the case then the Pro Bowl voting needs to be changed because that is crap. Just because your team isnt having a good season is no reason to screw the players on that team out of the Pro Bowl.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey said it right. If Double D gets overlooked its because the Packers arent having a good year record wise. And if thats the case then the Pro Bowl voting needs to be changed because that is crap. Just because your team isnt having a good season is no reason to screw the players on that team out of the Pro Bowl.
How true! The pro bowl is SUPPOSED to highlight the individual players that are outstanding in their field. NOT the best overall team. DD is for CERTAIN one of the best. Especially since every team KNOWS he's Favre's #1 guy! Yet they STILL can't stop him!