Driver announces retirement

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope, and expect, that he remains a fixture at 1265 Lombardi. He is absolutely a Packers Legend in the same mold as Hutson, McGee, Nitschke, Starr, Hornung, and Favre.

I know we get banged on for wanting our guys to be Packers, and ONLY Packers. But c'mon. How can you not love this?

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excuse me; *ahem* "He Who Shall Not Be Named".

Favre was the Packers QB for a decade and a half. He was pretty good. Set a whole lot of records. Won a bunch of MVP's and a Super Bowl.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, would not compare him to our last QB.

Anyway, all good things must come to an end. What a great player and a class act till the end. Good luck to DD in any future endeavors!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Good. I'm the opposite of :cry: , I'm happy for him and his family. Sometimes the obvious move is the right one: He and generations of his family should be financially secure, he's beloved in his community, he has a ring, he's healthy, and he's a shoo-in for the Packers HOF. Why move elsewhere and risk a devastating injury and/or embarrassing himself on the field?

One of the morning show hosts on Milwaukee radio asked in the years ahead what will be the first thing you remember about him. There are a lot of great catches to choose from but my honest answer is his smile. So I hope he continues to be employed by the Packers as their good will ambassador. What better person on the planet could fulfill that role?

Well done Donald Driver. You have earned your reputation and success!

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I could contact him IRL and just tell him how much we ALL appreciate him!

I know he just got off the team, but maybe in a few years he could come coach for us?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that stinks is that he couldn't have done it with another super bowl ring.
oh well, at least he has one.
and yes, he is the greatest packer of all time (sorry dad)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Excuse me; *ahem* "He Who Shall Not Be Named".

Favre was the Packers QB for a decade and a half. He was pretty good. Set a whole lot of records. Won a bunch of MVP's and a Super Bowl.

Sory Bozz, HE didn`t, the WHOLE team won the superbowl. It`s a bit of a sore point with me. We had a full squad there that day mate, not just Favre. rant over :tup:

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I will catch crap for this , but I think DD was pushed out with the new guys coming in. DD isn't where he once was , but he can still play. Same went for Favre. He could still play. Only difference in this situation is that DD is leaving with class and Favre , not so much. Then again, I am over the whole leaving thing already. I wish DD a great retirement and just thank him for the great years with the team

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would be extremely lucky to field a team of 53 Donald Drivers. We were lucky to have to have the one and only original! Thanks for all of the great memories. For sure we will miss DD but we wish him all of the very best!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I'm so proud of DD for not taking the bait of signing with the Vikings or any other rival team. I know he said it would depend on alot of things.... but I for one am glad that he's retiring before he has any further injuries, and goes out with the pride and respect that he deserves!

Wish I could be there on the 6th.....

Its been a ride DD!!!! Thanks for being a class act!!! :tup:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations on a great career DD. You epitomized what fans want to see in their favorite team's players. Enjoy your retirement and live a long post-football life.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts