1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Drew Rosenhaus

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Steel Wheels, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I see all the "little men" are out in full force bad mouthing Drew Rosenhaus.

The NFL is a business and there are going to be salary disputes between players and management. It is a "NORMAL" procedure that frankly is none of the fans business.

NFL teams have been demanding that players to take pay cuts with years left on their contacts or they are sent on their way. Now the NFL teams are getting a taste of their own medicine.

2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Chase, with a post like this, all you are trying to do is stir the pot on the forum. I will not fall into that trap this time as I have in the past and have decided to take the high road.

However, you need to know that "anything" that happens in the NFL from the game-side to the business-side is the fan's business. Without the fans, this game wouldn't exist so I don't care if it deals with who made the great play, alleged drug abuse, or player/agent holdouts. If it is worth mentioning in the media, it is the fan's business.

3. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wrong again NDPackerFan.

Fans have no role in player negotiations, therefore it is none of their business.

The fans business is to purchase tickets to attend the games, to purchase souvenirs and team sporting goods, and to purchase food and refreshments from the concession stands.

4. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    This topic has been beaten into the ground.

5. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    keep this up and you'll get your own show. you're so contraversial! and way off-base.

no fans=no sport

no sport=no games

no games=no paychecks

no paychecks=no contracts

which leads us to the conclusion of....

No Fans=No Contracts

this isn't nuclear physics, it's pretty simple to understand. besides, 9 times out of 10 the players/agents are the ones making this information available to the public..another reason why this becomes everybodies business.

6. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

LMAO...It's amazing how most of you people live in a fantasy world...are you afraid of facing reality?

The fans have absolutely no power over player personnel, coaching personnel, draft selection, players or coaches salaries, starting line-ups ect. So ultimately what you have no power over is none of your business.

Fans should mind their own business and buy tickets to attend games, watch the games on TV, tail gate in the parking lot, buy souvenirs and team sporting goods and buy drinks and food from the concession stands.

They are the only things that the fans have control over.

7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    so basically you're saying if you have no control over an issue it's ultimately none of your business. thats quite a parallel Steel. i'll remember that when the Pack start discussing Sherman's contract...it's none of your business remember? just watch the games on TV and keep your mouth shut since you're just a fan!?! insane.

8. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ENOUGH!!!!!! I am sick of talking about Rosenjerk! :!: :!:

9. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Chase,

Before you admire this fella for his contributions to the micro economic love story of supply and demand, think about this.

The guy just saved a life of a kid in Florida (Nice Job I Admit.) and then used his links to the media to turn this into a campaign for the "C.M.A." and a future plot in Arlington.

Now I have not read his book. I do not want to. However I have read the book reviews on it. (Note this book was penned in 1997.) Heretofore, he has not learned a thing about how without humility, eventually your world will crash around you.

He is one self centered son of a bit**

http://www.wideright.com/ashark.html

10. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Chase,

Why is it that you automatically take the position that is in direct opposition to the interests of the Packers? For a self-proclaimed "fan", you sure seem to revel in the miseries of the Packers. What gives?

11. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey there T.O.

Forget about Chase for a moment. As I sit here in Oklahoma City, my computer tells me that my B.C. Lions improved to 4-0 tonight.

Dave Dickenson threw for over 300 yards and a pair of touchdown passes as the B.C. Lions remained undefeated with a 28-22 win over the winless Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Saturday. Jason Clermont and Paris Jackson scored touchdowns for the Lions on 20 and 12-yard passes, respectively. The Lions improved to 4-0, while Hamilton dropped to 0-4.

Life is good.

All is well.

I am sure many of your former classmates at U Vick are cheering thtonight as the Lion's are undefeated.

Remember.....

"There is nothing wrong with thee downs.... Until four downs starts up."

12. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Raider, "one self centered son of a bit**"?

That describes you and half of the posters from the old Chronicle Forum.

You guy's are so self centered you don't even understand what you are reading. Reread my post and show me where I said I admire this guy Drew Rosenhaus.

I am pointing out that any contract dispute between Javon Walker and his agent Drew Rosenhaus with the Packer organization is between them and is not the fans business. It does not concern any Packer fan.

Whatever the Packer roster is on opening day, that is where the season starts and that is where the fans can start their business of attending the games, watching on TV, tailgating in the parking lot, buying their souvenirs and team sporting goods and buying food and drink from the concession stands.

13. carlos

carlos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at hockey... yes, the real world is out there and we don't need someone to tell us about it. We all deal with cancer, death. taxes etc. on a daily basis. No, we don't live in a fantasy world ...but I bet it would be nice. Football is a good release to the burdens we face daily. To others it may be marathons to some bowling, but on this forum it just happens to be football.

14. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to see another Leo's fan on a Pack board. :)

15. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Steel Wheels,

First of all, fans pay these player's salaries by attending the games. Without people willing to pay for tickets, there wouldn't be a game or team to follow.

So if what you are saying about fans need to just buy tickets, attend games, buy team apparel etc. is true, why do you post on this site at all? Why, as a Packer fan, don't you just do the very thing that you have said?

Instead of proclaiming everyone on here to be "wrong" all the time or not facing reality, why not go buy a ticket, go to a game, buy a Packer hat while you're there and be what fans should be?

Sounds kinda hypocritical Chase IMHO.

16. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a Packer fan who is not too concerned with Drew Rosenhaus and his "attempted" negotiations with the Packers concerning Javon Walker's contract, because Ted Thompson is going to blow off Rosenhaus anyway and make Javon honor his contract this year if he wants to get paid.

Drew and Javon will find out the hard way that when the rubber meets the road when it comes to contract negotiations with the Packers, that Ted Thompson won't be the one driving an old pair of Steel Wheels :mrgreen:

[​IMG]