Dre Bly is given okay for a trade

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lions | Give Bly permission to seek trade
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:19:00 -0800

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions president Matt Millen and head coach Rod Marinelli have given CB Dre' Bly permission to seek a trade this offseason. "I have a tremendous amount of respect for Matt and Rod allowing me the opportunity to find a home for Dre' Bly that is more conducive to his Pro Bowl skill set," Bly's agent, Kennard McGuire, said Tuesday Feb. 13.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts of grabbing him and seeing if Woody would like to move to S or maybe Bly moving to S?

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to trade for Dre Bly, but if anything I think Harris would be the best suited for S of the 3.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think there has been much thought about how to improve our pass defense but seriously doubt any thought or time has been spent involving the possibilty of moving Woodson or Harris to safety.

You have two guys playing at an unreal level and your going to give consideration to moving them around to get better? This is something that might work when Harris is like 34 years old and we have groomed somebody at CB but to consider it now would be foolish IMO.

Let's keep it simple. We need a Safety.

My total guess is Underwood will step up and win the job and do it right and that TT will NOT spend a lot of money in the DB area this year opting to put it on the "0" side of the ball.

We cannot realistically go after FA's at every position we could use improvement in. A couple of guys already here are going to HAVE to step up, take advantage of an opportunity, and kick start a great career here and now.

I see no one with a better shot than Underwood to do this. He's a way better athlete than Manuel ever though of being.

It would be wonderful if we could get a FA Safetey, and a FA TE, and a FA WR, and a FA RB, but let's be real here. That ain't happening.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I ddint think this would be a good idea either, but as we all know people will want Ted to go after him anyways..

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ddint think this would be a good idea either, but as we all know people will want Ted to go after him anyways..

How true it is.

When I lived in Wisconsin I remember that magical week in the spring when the grass would just be green, green, green. I never thought a brighter green could ever possibly be.

And then came along Free Agency.

Have to say I'm sorry to here it's like nothin' up there right now. Cold and snow. Eh?

Down here in 'Bama the concept of cold is a joke. A "hard freeze" warning (defined as 5 consecutive hours under 32 degrees) is all over the news like "BEWARE of the COLD".

If you haven't gotten your tongue stuck on something you can't pull it off of other than a women's mouth don't talk to me about COLD!

Bunch of ******* down here, I swear.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Warhawk; you are right about costal Alabama and the weather!! BUT you have to admit its really nice to walk outside in a t-shirt shorts and flip flops in january. My brother lives over in Lillian and he really rubs it in when I call, so don't think of them as sisses them of them as lucky
Pack88

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Warhawk; you are right about costal Alabama and the weather!! BUT you have to admit its really nice to walk outside in a t-shirt shorts and flip flops in january. My brother lives over in Lillian and he really rubs it in when I call, so don't think of them as sisses them of them as lucky
Pack88
You can walk out in a t-shirt and flip flops here in Wisconsin in January! You might freeze to death before you make it back to the house........but you can DO it!
Now.........with Bly...........i don't think the Lions would let him come here either way. They will find some team where it won't have a chance of coming back and causing them another loss. (Which means......Bly will HAVE to be traded to a CFL team!)

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think there has been much thought about how to improve our pass defense but seriously doubt any thought or time has been spent involving the possibilty of moving Woodson or Harris to safety.

You have two guys playing at an unreal level and your going to give consideration to moving them around to get better? This is something that might work when Harris is like 34 years old and we have groomed somebody at CB but to consider it now would be foolish IMO.

Let's keep it simple. We need a Safety.

My total guess is Underwood will step up and win the job and do it right and that TT will NOT spend a lot of money in the DB area this year opting to put it on the "0" side of the ball.

We cannot realistically go after FA's at every position we could use improvement in. A couple of guys already here are going to HAVE to step up, take advantage of an opportunity, and kick start a great career here and now.

I see no one with a better shot than Underwood to do this. He's a way better athlete than Manuel ever though of being.

It would be wonderful if we could get a FA Safetey, and a FA TE, and a FA WR, and a FA RB, but let's be real here. That ain't happening.

I agree that Underwood will un-seat Manuel.

And Detroit will not trade with a division rival as noted in this thread.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack88

Pack,

It is nice down here there's no doubt about it. But you would understand what I'm talking about if you walked into some place and some guy comes in behind you shivering and acting all cold.....and it's 52 degrees outside.

The beach and the fishin' is good though. I do want to tell you guys that I have been here over 20 years and if any of you want to come this way to fish or bring the family I can make a few calls and get you set up cheap as possible. Ask Pack. You are almost guaranteed to love the place. Especially if you have kids up thru teenagers.

My brothers' a pastor back up there in Wiscy and his church called to see if I could set my bro and his family up for a week this spring as a gift. I arranged a brand new beachfront condo through a friend for $1,000 bucks for the week. Would have normally been around $1,650. I could have gotten it done for less at another location but this is a great building.

I have sold to a lot of friends over the years that I can call on and it works out for both sides so I'm happy to do it. PM me if you have an interest. Would be glad to help.

Please Note: I am not in the rental buisness nor do I make a penny helping out with this. I would hope I could get help from someone up that way if I was heading to a particular location and you had connections.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What...I'm strolling the dog around the block over here in the Twin Shitties wearing my Brazilian pouch thong (from International Male catalog, of course), mandals (men's sandals, for the uninformed) and a linen shirt.

It's not too bad out here...what a bunch of nancies!! Boy, a nice tan would really set off my screamin' yellow pouch! Oops...I need a waxxing!!!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im guessing he wants a trade because he has finally realized that the Lions suck and will continue to suck because thats what they have always done. Anyways I dont want to move Harris or Woodson to safety and Dre is good not great but he isnt coming to Green Bay

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im guessing he wants a trade because he has finally realized that the Lions suck and will continue to suck because thats what they have always done. Anyways I dont want to move Harris or Woodson to safety and Dre is good not great but he isnt coming to Green Bay

I'm guessing he wants a trade because he is a cover corner being forced to play in a cover two.

And you boys want cold ... it's been waaaaay below zero here in the real frozen tundra, and I still refuse to throw a coat on when I take the garbage to the curb. Warhawk, explain to the good ole boys down there the concept of ice fishing!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

I'm guessing he wants a trade because he is a cover corner being forced to play in a cover two.

And you boys want cold ... it's been waaaaay below zero here in the real frozen tundra, and I still refuse to throw a coat on when I take the garbage to the curb. Warhawk, explain to the good ole boys down there the concept of ice fishing!

I have and they ask me if I have been drinking.

I can see when explaining the concept of ice fishing it goes completely beyond comprehension.

Especially the part about DRIVING on the ice.

When I get to that the look on those good 'ole boys faces is.....priceless.

You know your in the MIDWEST when you hear that big guy with the John Deere cap say:

"Pull up your pants, you look like an idiot."

Members online

Latest posts