Draw Play?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Remember the Tony Fisher draw in the fourth quarter last week? I heard from Tony Fisher on 'The FAN' radio show that it was a broken play. They were going with a silent count and Brett wanted David Martin to go in motion because they felt they had a huge gain if they ran it to the right but when Brett was trying to get David to go in motion Scott Wells thought that was the silent count snap indicator and snapped the ball and left Tony nothing to do but run up as a draw.

I like the idea of a run to the right more then a draw, but I still disagree with taking the ball out of Brett's hands.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting, glad you posted that slick. I wish we could get that insider info on every play we wanted to know about!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Interesting, glad you posted that Zero. I wish we could get that insider info on every play we wanted to know about!

I try to post what I hear and note the source when i get time. That play stuck out in my head so i remembered over til today :)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post zero!!!

I've always said execution is at least as important as the play call itself. The Packers thought they had the Vikes # but weren't able to expose it due to poor execution by the players.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, zero. I was wondering what exactly happened with that play. It's one of the hazards of playing on the road, especially in one of those stupid domes.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a good post with good insight. I too wish we fans's could get a break down on what happened on every play, but we are not in the film room. There will always be a number of blown plays in a NFL that will result in failure.

However, there will also be a number of plays in a game where a break down or mistake will result in a huge success on a play. This most often happens on special teams. How may times have we all seen a muff on a kick off screw up the kicking team coverage, the muff make's the kick off team break their lanes of coverage and then we see a player take a muff to the house

How many times have we seen a broken play by the offensive in the backfield mess up the "D" coverage by linebackers and result in a player taking it to the house?

Sometimes a screw up, screws up who we are trying to screw up.

Great insight though on this post.

RP

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OR you can look at it another way..RP....

Why are they running such a play in a noisy dome with a less experienced center and not throwing the ball, which they were having success with..? the chances seem greater that something like this will happen...ESPECIALLY SINCE IT HAPPENED ON THE DRIVE BEFORE on 3rd down, when it killed the drive and when Sander muffed the hold and Longwell missed the kick on 4th down...remember?

SHERROSSLEY SURE DIDN'T REMEMBER....

(it still looked like they were trying to be tricky on that play and snap it directly to Fisher on that play...does anybody know what was called?)

sounds pretty STUPID to me....SherRossley...

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
OR you can look at it another way..RP....

Why are they running such a play in a noisy dome with a less experienced center and not throwing the ball, which they were having success with..? the chances seem greater that something like this will happen...ESPECIALLY SINCE IT HAPPENED ON THE DRIVE BEFORE on 3rd down, when it killed the drive and when Sander muffed the hold and Longwell missed the kick on 4th down...remember?

SHERROSSLEY SURE DIDN'T REMEMBER....

(it still looked like they were trying to be tricky on that play and snap it directly to Fisher on that play...does anybody know what was called?)

sounds pretty STUPID to me....SherRossley...

Pack 66 I do agree with a lot of what you post, but there is really nothing that we can do about and I am getting used to it IMO we will have to deal with his fat butt for this season at least !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts