Drafttek's Mock with comp picks

D

Deleted member 6794

Here’s a mock from drafttek with alternate picks:
#27 OLB Emmanuel Ogbah, Alternate picks: DT Jarran Reed, OLB Jaylon Smith
#57 TE Austin Hooper, Alternate picks: ILB Kentrell Brothers, DE/OLB Carl Nassib
#88 ILB Dominique Alexander, DT DJ Reader, DT Nile Lawrence-Stample
#125 LOT Joe Haeg, Alternate picks: DT Josh Tupou, OT Cole Toner
#131 DT Josh Tupou, Alternate picks: NT Vincent Valentine, DE Joel Heath
#137 DE Joel Heath, Alternate picks: DT Adam Gotsis, OLB Romeo Okwara
#163 ROT Willie Beavers, Alternate picks: SS Elijah Shumate, OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai
#200 SS Jordan Lucas, Alternate picks: SS RJ Williamson, SS Jordan Simone
#248 OG Jordan Walsh, no alternate picks listed.
http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

I don't know who has the best name in the draft, but Halapoulivaati Vaitai has to be in the running.

Absolutely would love to draft Dominique Alexander in the third round as he's one of the best coverage inside linebackers in this year's draft.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Absolutely would love to draft Dominique Alexander in the third round as he's one of the best coverage inside linebackers in this year's draft.
So he's unlikely to be there in your opinion? Also, what do you think of Ogbah?

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess that Alexander will either be drafted in the second or third round. It's possible he'll still be on the board at #88 but it's not a given.

Ogbah is one of the best pass rushers in the draft but struggles against the run. He might be a reach in the first round although not a huge one. Maybe Thompson could trade back, grab an extra pick and still select him early in the second.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was just going to ask about Ogbah as I just saw this mock draft. I just watched a highlight video on him (I know) and I kind of like him. Thought he turned the corner really well, and dropped his pad level nicely to get under the OT. CBS has him as a DE but this mock has him as a 3-4 OLB so which is it? If he's a Perry type, I'm not sure I want him. I did see him standing up for the most part in his video. I also read he's comfortable in space as well. Intriguing guy though and apparently has a great work ethic.

Reaction score
I like Ogbah a lot I was watching him in the draft and he was consistently on top of the charts. I'm not sure how well he fits our system but same thing was said with Peppers those athletic freaks sometimes are perfect for our system I think he could be although I agree with Capt. It is a bit of a reach but not far if TT could trade down and still get him along with another decent pick or two I'm all in and I'm sure so is he

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ogbah is as gifted as any pass rusher in the draft, but a knock on him is inconsistent effort. We have enough 1st round pass rusher with that problem in Perry and Jones. How about let's get a guy who can contribute every play.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was just going to ask about Ogbah as I just saw this mock draft. I just watched a highlight video on him (I know) and I kind of like him. Thought he turned the corner really well, and dropped his pad level nicely to get under the OT. CBS has him as a DE but this mock has him as a 3-4 OLB so which is it? If he's a Perry type, I'm not sure I want him. I did see him standing up for the most part in his video. I also read he's comfortable in space as well. Intriguing guy though and apparently has a great work ethic.

Ogbah would for sure play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here’s a mock from drafttek with alternate picks:
#27 OLB Emmanuel Ogbah, Alternate picks: DT Jarran Reed, OLB Jaylon Smith
#57 TE Austin Hooper, Alternate picks: ILB Kentrell Brothers, DE/OLB Carl Nassib
#88 ILB Dominique Alexander, DT DJ Reader, DT Nile Lawrence-Stample
#125 LOT Joe Haeg, Alternate picks: DT Josh Tupou, OT Cole Toner
#131 DT Josh Tupou, Alternate picks: NT Vincent Valentine, DE Joel Heath
#137 DE Joel Heath, Alternate picks: DT Adam Gotsis, OLB Romeo Okwara
#163 ROT Willie Beavers, Alternate picks: SS Elijah Shumate, OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai
#200 SS Jordan Lucas, Alternate picks: SS RJ Williamson, SS Jordan Simone
#248 OG Jordan Walsh, no alternate picks listed.
http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

I don't know who has the best name in the draft, but Halapoulivaati Vaitai has to be in the running.
draftechs mock sucks.

Members online