Drafting TE's

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Combine doesn't automatically show nfl success.

but finley has shown himself to be an idiot... not "Packer People".... I wonder if I'm "Packer People". And for the record, I am the Number One Koren Robinson fan.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, games are played on the field, not in a weight room with cameras and reporters.

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Combine doesn't automatically show nfl success.
It may not but it certainly points up a very slow 40 time ala Bubba and a lack of physicality easily outperformed by the rest of the TE combine participants.

Reaction score
I think the more important thing to focus on in the combine for TEs was the drops they had.

In general, I've read opinions that were concerned with the poor showing TEs had in terms of catching the ball.

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubt that a team would find everything they are looking for in a TE at this point. For GB I'm sure blocking as well as good hands are high priorities but, getting one with speed for down field exploitation would be high on their list of attributes. All of that said it would take a miracle to find one
TE with all of those capabilities. Someone like a Ron Kramer would be real find.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubt that a team would find everything they are looking for in a TE at this point. For GB I'm sure blocking as well as good hands are high priorities but, getting one with speed for down field exploitation would be high on their list of attributes. All of that said it would take a miracle to find one
TE with all of those capabilities. Someone like a Ron Kramer would be real find.

Yes, it would be a miracle. A TE with those abilities will be gone before the #30 pick. I'd be happy with a decent blocker and a good downfield threat, making opposing Ds worry about both our new TE and Lee. Imagine what that would open up.

Franks had no speed at all. He wasn't a downfield threat, so opposing Ds knew if he did a pass pattern, it would be five to eight yards.

The other thing we need to look at is health. I'm not crazy about picking up TEs in the middle of the season. We need one that will stay healthy.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is a single TE worthy of a 1st Round pick, but I could be wrong on that. I just don't see any Winslow's or Shockeys in this group.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty cool that John Carlson's stock has dropped, we could get him in the 3rd for a steal.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I'm drunk right now - hell it's 4.50 AM here. But Dustin Keller guys... I'm really hyper about this guy. He might not be big, but hell - I'd love to see him in the green and gold.

drunk...

Members online

Latest posts