Draft wish list! Billings my #1

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a ridiculous DT lets snag him round 1!
I'm gonna keep telling yall that higbee is my boy in than later rounds too for Te grab a oline and couple lbs scooby wright this could be a good draft I see all the potential but man billings is a fast mean man lol and he is 20...
I like j Kearse in the late rounds too another good safety.. I hope you all like billings a lot of mocks have us taking him.. Playmaking DT that's got a funny ring to it lol

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still hoping for Ragland to fall. I know he's probably not the "cover" guy we need, but he's an upgrade over any ilb on the roster and seems to me like a guy you can plug in there and expect consistent production at a high level for 10 years. Dude is a gamer. I wouldn't be disappointed at all with a DT in round 1, but I feel we can nab some talent there in round 2 or later. One player I kind of don't want is hunter, but a part of me also does, just not in the first round.

D

Deleted member 6794

Billings is most likely the best nose tackle in this year's draft so I wouldn't mind selecting him at all. With a lot of a talent available on the defensive line I would be fine with addressing inside linebacker in the first though as well and select a DL on the second day.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still hoping for Ragland to fall. I know he's probably not the "cover" guy we need, but he's an upgrade over any ilb on the roster and seems to me like a guy you can plug in there and expect consistent production at a high level for 10 years. Dude is a gamer. I wouldn't be disappointed at all with a DT in round 1, but I feel we can nab some talent there in round 2 or later. One player I kind of don't want is hunter, but a part of me also does, just not in the first round.
I like Ragland too but I honestly think he is gonna be gone by the time we pick.. I like Deion jones too. On Henry I have been preaching that to the choir not the first rd anyways I think higbee is the guy

D

Deleted member 6794

I like Ragland too but I honestly think he is gonna be gone by the time we pick.. I like Deion jones too. On Henry I have been preaching that to the choir not the first rd anyways I think higbee is the guy

Although Deion Jones is fast he doesn't excel in coverage and therefore isn't a fit for the Packers.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point!!! It always nice to have speed I guess barrington is a thumper

D

Deleted member 6794

Good point!!! It always nice to have speed I guess barrington is a thumper

While it's nice to have speed there are other prospects available with good enough speed but way better instincts than Deion Jones.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a question.....

What if either Lee or Ragland are there at #27? (not both, just 1 of the two) along with Billings?

It seems to me that Raglands stock is rising while Lee's stock is falling. That is the overall feel and take I am getting from the pundits right now. So Darron Lee being there at #27 is looking more and more realistic by the day.

Do we select Lee over Billings? Or vice versa?

D

Deleted member 6794

Here is a question.....

What if either Lee or Ragland are there at #27? (not both, just 1 of the two) along with Billings?

It seems to me that Raglands stock is rising while Lee's stock is falling. That is the overall feel and take I am getting from the pundits right now. So Darron Lee being there at #27 is looking more and more realistic by the day.

Do we select Lee over Billings? Or vice versa?

I would prefer Ragland over Billings if both players are still on the board at #27. Lee has significantly dropped in my estimation though.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer Ragland over Billings if both players are still on the board at #27. Lee has significantly dropped in my estimation though.

Yeah, I agree. I wont be shocked to see Lee drop to the top of the 2nd round now.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta go billings over Lee there is always a player or two that's gonna drop to the second round maybe we can get him there and it's a tough call on either billings or Ragland a lot of people will say Ragland but is guion the long term answer? I'd still have to stick with billings

D

Deleted member 6794

Gotta go billings over Lee there is always a player or two that's gonna drop to the second round maybe we can get him there and it's a tough call on either billings or Ragland a lot of people will say Ragland but is guion the long term answer? I'd still have to stick with billings

I agree the Packers could need an upgrade at nose tackle but with it being a very talented draft class at the position there will be some talented players available later in the draft. Don't think that is true at inside linebacker as well.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer Billings or Jarran Reed in round one, then a coverage ILB in round two.
I wouldn't mind Ragland in round one though as I think he can be a very productive
player in our system.

Why is Lee dropping? I thought his tackling was suspect, but after the combine I
figured he would be a top 20 pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

Why is Lee dropping? I thought his tackling was suspect, but after the combine I
figured he would be a top 20 pick.

Lee obviously has a ton of speed and is great rushing the passer. He struggles defending the run and in coverage though. I guess a team will still draft him early but contrary to my opinion right after the draft I don't hope the Packers are the one selecting him early.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its looking more and more like Ragland will be the only ILB drafted in round 1.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gone before we pick billings bring him in!!! Gonna be a nasty nasty guy putting sacks up

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gone before we pick billings bring him in!!! Gonna be a nasty nasty guy putting sacks up

Billings is more of a run stopper/space eater, not a pass rusher. He is the prototypical NT for a 3-4 defense and NT's in 3-4 are there to eat up blocks, not rush the passer. When a NT in a 3-4 gets a sack, its usually a coverage sack or something like that.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the departure of Raji the Packers now have several areas of need, DT, TE, ILB and also OLB (Peppers will leave after this year) and OT. Unfortunately TT has filled none of them with a FA, as usual.

Billings would be a great pick for GB. He's a potential pro-bowl NT that the Packers had hoped for in Raji.

TE in round 1 is almost out of the question. No one there. I don't expect Ragland to be there at ILB, and there are several who should be there in round 2 and 3 where Ted could choose whichever one he sees as the best prospect.

I hope Billings isn't taken earlier, because he's likely to be BPA at #27, and he fills a need.

D

Deleted member 6794

Billings is more of a run stopper/space eater, not a pass rusher. He is the prototypical NT for a 3-4 defense and NT's in 3-4 are there to eat up blocks, not rush the passer. When a NT in a 3-4 gets a sack, its usually a coverage sack or something like that.

Billings is capable of rushing the passer as well. While a nose tackle's primary job is to stop the run it's a plus if he's produces pressure as well, Raji in 2010 being a prime example.

With the departure of Raji the Packers now have several areas of need, DT, TE, ILB and also OLB (Peppers will leave after this year) and OT. Unfortunately TT has filled none of them with a FA, as usual.

Outside linebacker will most likely be a major need in 2017 but with Thompson not improving the roster at other positions in free agency the team has more pressing needs to address early in the draft. While depth need to be added on the offensive line (especially at tackle) TT should use the team's early round picks on the other three positions you mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lee obviously has a ton of speed and is great rushing the passer. He struggles defending the run and in coverage though. I guess a team will still draft him early but contrary to my opinion right after the draft I don't hope the Packers are the one selecting him early.
I agree, he is severely overrated. He's a great athlete, but he didn't grade well in coverage and doesn't look like he stands a chance when he has to get involved with the big uglies at the line. He's not a first round player right now, even if that's where he's drafted.
.Billings is the more gifted guy relative to his position, but the NT position has such limited productivity and the draft is deep at that position.

Ragland looks to be a day 1 starter, and those guys get around 100 tackles in addition to coverage and his rushing ability. We've got to be playing Money Ball in a way with our first round picks since we need every one to be as effective as possible while Rodgers is still around. It's supposed to be deep on the line on the draft, so we can get a good one later on.

D

Deleted member 6794

Billings is the more gifted guy relative to his position, but the NT position has such limited productivity and the draft is deep at that position.

The nose tackle position is a pretty important one in the base defense. The Packers only lined up in that formation on 17.7% of the defensive snaps. Billings could play in subpackages as well because he can rush the passer though, having additional value in Capers' system.

As I've said before I would be fine with either drafting Billings or Ragland at #27.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nose tackle position is a pretty important one in the base defense. The Packers only lined up in that formation on 17.7% of the defensive snaps. Billings could play in subpackages as well because he can rush the passer though, having additional value in Capers' system.

As I've said before I would be fine with either drafting Billings or Ragland at #27.
Yeah, not arguing its significance, and Billings is athletic enough to line up at the DE position in the 3-4 as well. But we've got to get something figured out at ILB so Matthews can also go back to OLB, and Ragland seems a sure thing and a good player. I was hoping something would happen in free agency so we could pick the best player instead of filling the biggest hole, but I'm done beating that dead horse.

Members online

Latest posts