"Draft Talk"

H

HardRightEdge

Isn't a bit silly at this time of year to be moving threads to "Draft Talk"? Other than FA signings, this is the meat of the conversation this time of year. And when it isn't draft season, draft posts are rare. I question the value of Draft Talk's very existence.

The bifurcation would be less annoying if the Draft Talk forum sent emails (as with the main forum) when there is a reply to one's posts. Can something be done about that at least?

Last edited by a moderator:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If it is a draft prospect, not sure why it should go anywhere else.

And there is a spot to get notified? Unless you are referring to something way different.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

If it is a draft prospect, not sure why it should go anywhere else.

And there is a spot to get notified? Unless you are referring to something way different.

Where does one find that screen? I found in personal options a similar screen under "Watched Forums", but that one is not specific to a particular forum as you displayed. In fact, I had that one turned off and was getting notifications for the main forum anyway.

I'll belabor the main point just a little and then leave it alone. Why "draft" in particular when every other topic under the sun resides in the main forum? The closest I can get to that logic is potential draftees are not yet "Packers". Well, neither are free agents and there's not a "Free Agency" forum. What can I say? I dislike arbitrariness that causes inconvenience.

By the way, here's the link to Draft Talk:

https://www.packerforum.com/forums/draft-talk.26/

Stuff stopped being archived in 2014. How, without the archive having been maintained, do I view a list of 2016 draft topics? I've been looking and the answer is not evident, if there is one.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Sorry, but that's not helping. When I go through "Forums" then "Watched Forums" in the header as you're showing, it takes me to the same screen as when going through the steps in the personal profile area. That screen does not allow specifying a particular "watched forum" as you show...it's appears to be a blanket assignment for the whole web site.

If taking the additional step to click on the other "Forums" selection below the entry box, it just takes me to the shout box (ugh!) and a menu of forums. It just doesn't work the way you show it.

By the way, my comment on not archiving the current year posts and not being able to see a list of current year topics was based on clicking the "Draft Talk" link. Silly me to think that's the entry point. You have to click that little icon next to the "Latest" to get to the current year topic list. Even so, where the heck are the 2015 posts archived? They look to be gone entirely, unless they're buried at the bottom of the 2016 topic list.

"Draft Talk" is kludged up, navigates differently and is less intuitive than the much cleaner main forum, and has a questionable rationale for existance in the first place. And it's annoying to have to figure out how to navigate it every year after being away from it so long. Bad design.

I'm done with this. No need to reply. Delete this thread if you're so inclined.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When I click on that watch thread link next to the thread tools (thread tool is a mod tool)

I get this..

Isn't that what your looking for? You click button receive email, and hit watch thread..

I tried under your permissions and it works..

If thus isn't what you need, then not sure what else it could be?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I go there and see this.. Its all the archived draft threads...

S scroll down little more and I see this

There is a watch forum link. I click on it and it will watch for new posts

Again, is this what you are looking for?

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I go there and see this.. Its all the archived draft threads...

S scroll down little more and I see this

There is a watch forum link. I click on it and it will watch for new posts

Again, is this what you are looking for?
The Draft Talk home page looks good now, with the 2015 archive shown and current year's list of threads below. I don't know what was going on, and at this point I don't care, but this is not what I was seeing yesterday. Thanks.

As for what you're showing in the watched threads screen shots, that's not what I'm getting. The "watched threads" option still looks like it is global for the web site and not specific to a forum. Maybe it's browser differences, security settings or some other differences. Again, at this point, I don't care. I seem to be getting notifications from the main forum and draft without any unwanted stuff. Thanks again. Delete this thread if that's OK with you.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Truth be told, I decided to look for that dialogue box since you guys were talking about it. It took me a little bit to find it as well. I'm using Google Chrome. I was looking higher up on the screen, near the tabs. But then I found it across from the page numbers of the thread. It did take a little looking around to find it though.

Normally, however, I use the new posts link, though.

Latest posts