draft rice

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my vote to take Rice the RB from Rutgers with our second pick in 2nd round. Can't have too many RB and Grant, Jackson and Rice would be a nice combo.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is my vote to take Rice the RB from Rutgers with our second pick in 2nd round. Can't have too many RB and Grant, Jackson and Rice would be a nice combo.

I would be doing backflips in the mud if Rice winds up on the Packers.. or Mendenhall..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Id be Very shocked if we where to draft a RB

I personally will be shocked if we don't select a RB in this draft.. Grant has only proven it over the course of a season, already mumbling about his contract and questions beyond him on the depth chart..

There are needs at CB, OLine, TE along with Depth at RB, DE, & QB, in my opinion.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rice would be a nice pick, however.....

Ted is not going to do a thing to help Aaron. He will not get him what he needs to Win Now! T.T. might as well admit he is just pushing A-Rod into retirement.

Ted is building for the future.

R.P.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd not be opposed to Grabbing Ray Rice, but not with either 2nd, He'll fall into the 3rd mark my words.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rice may fall to the third but not to the late third. This guy can play. He was Rutgers only weapon and he still produced with team game planning for him only.

I went to USF (South Florida) and I watched Rice beat us singlehandedly two years in a row.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rice may fall to the third but not to the late third. This guy can play. He was Rutgers only weapon and he still produced with team game planning for him only.

I went to USF (South Florida) and I watched Rice beat us singlehandedly two years in a row.

It doesn't matter how great Ray Rice is there are just SO many running backs that are top notch in the draft this year, and not every team is going to be looking in the high rounds for one. Don't believe me?

Here are some of the top flight names

Darren McFadden, Arkansas - Height: 6-1. Weight: 211
Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois - Height: 5-10. Weight: 225
Jonathan Stewart, Oregon - Height: 5-10. Weight: 235
Felix Jones, Arkansas - Height: 5-10. Weight: 207
Chris Johnson, East Carolina - Height: 5-11. Weight: 197
Jamaal Charles, Texas - Height: 5-11. Weight: 200
Matt Forte, Tulane - Height: 6-1. Weight: 217
Ray Rice, Rutgers - Height: 5-8. Weight: 199
Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech - Height: 5-10. Weight: 215
Kevin Smith, Central Florida - Height: 6-1. Weight: 217
Steve Slaton, West Virginia - Height: 5-9. Weight: 197
Jalen Parmele, Toledo - Height: 5-11. Weight: 224
Mike Hart, Michigan - Height: 5-8. Weight: 206
Ryan Torain, Arizona State - Height: 6-0. Weight: 222
Allen Patrick, Oklahoma - Height: 6-0. Weight: 196

That's dipping into potentially the 6th Round, Ray Rice is predicted as a 2-3 Rd Pick, but the problem is that there are so many backs rated higher than him right now. You might see 2 or three backs go in the first, maybe 2 in the 2nd, But the number of teams needing good backs isn't that high, and some teams that might look at a back early, signed Free Agents to get around it.

This is why I've been saying, we have running backs, and while Rice is good he's not worth a 2nd Round pick in my purview. He might be worth a Third if he is still there. I think we do take a flyer on a back in the 5th Round maybe, but that's about it.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep if the success of the Bronco's ZBS is anything to go by then any one of these guys can do a job for the Pack. TT will pick out a gem.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Rice would be a nice pick, however.....

Ted is not going to do a thing to help Aaron. He will not get him what he needs to Win Now! T.T. might as well admit he is just pushing A-Rod into retirement.

Ted is building for the future.

R.P.
:lol: LOVE IT R.P.!!! LOVE IT!!! :lol:

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my votes on ray rice in the first but if the pack gets him in the second or third thatll be neat to (just kiddin about the first im just a big fan of his)

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that grabbing another 2nd round pick has given us a great bargaining chip to move up in the 1st, if one of the top tier CB's (that MM and TT really like of course) slips a little. Then with the 2nd round pick, we have a number of choices. RB, OL, DE, maybe TE. Ray Rice is definitely an option.

30 is a tough spot to be. If we can't trade up I may want to trade down, depending on how the 1st goes. We could clean up with 5 first day picks with this talent pool.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree having that extra pick really helps us out, question is how far up do we want to be able to trade. IN theory we could trade a second and our third with ouir first to easily move up into the top 15:

#30 Overall) Value 620
2nd Rd 25th (#56 Overall) Value 340
3rd Rd 28th (#91 Overall) Value 136
Total Value: 1096 Get's to around Pick #15-14

1st Rd 30th (#30 Overall) Value 620
2nd Rd 30th (#60 Overall) Value 300
Total Value: 1056 Get's to around Pick #15

I'm not a fan of giving up much more than that in this years draft though if any team could afford to use picks to get sure fire players its the Packers.

A more realisitic scenario is probably this:

2nd Rd 25th (#56 Overall) Value 340
Total Value: 960 Get's to around Pick #17

2nd Rd 30th (#60 Overall) Value 300
Total Value: 920 Get's to around Pick #18-17

4th Rd 30th (#124 Overall) Value 48
Total Value: 804 Get's to around Pick #21

5th Rd 30th (#154 Overall) Value 29.8
Total Value: 785.8 Get's to around Pick #22

both 2nd Round picks could get us the 29th pick as well.

Not sure what other combinations there are, but moving up much above 20 is going to cost a whole lot

Depends on whether they throw in a player too

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
more likely TT will trade down than up. The second and third rounds is where TT lords over the rest.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is ample talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well. The thing is, we associate trading down with TT, but it may have just been TT accurately assessing the lack of depth on the team. Right now, we have depth. I'm curious to see if he bucks the trend and trades up.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is ample talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well. The thing is, we associate trading down with TT, but it may have just been TT accurately assessing the lack of depth on the team. Right now, we have depth. I'm curious to see if he bucks the trend and trades up.

same here

Members online

Latest posts