Draft Questions

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the title says this is not a bashing the draft or the pick thread.

I just have a few questions.
Why did ted not trade down when the browns offered, I am very sure that Harrell would have still bin thier when we where on the board next (according to how the nfl community reacted, and the wff!!! reaction that everyone else had).

Why did we draft so manny injured players?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...bYF?slug=cr-packers042907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Who really thinks that moss was not worth a 3 or 4 round pick?
(I recall manny saying no to a first round but manny saying that a second would be fine)

lastly, plz dont turn this in to a ted sucks, or you are a ted basher thread.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
again, all this stuff is currently being disscussed in other threads

1) ted saw all the guys he liked being picked and he knew that Harrell wouldn't be there. Denver wanted him. Cinci wanted him. KC wanted him.

2) apparently their injuries were not that big of a concern

3) we offered a fourth. moss didn't want to restructure his contract for anyone but NE, so we probably wouldn't have been able to afford him anyway.

read the threads, any and all information about all your questions can be found by reading. that is all that has been discussed here since saturday.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss CHOSE to go to the Pats.
HE made the choice, so there was nothing TT could do.

As far as the injuries, the Packer staff I'm certain checked out the guys before the draft, to make sure they were healed and would be ready to play. Lets face it, MOST players get hurt at some time in their careers. Favre has been hurt, but is not only tough, but got injured at the right times (if there is such a thing) that alot of times allowed him more time to heal. (Like right before a bye week).
But for the most part, no player makes it through their career without sitting out at some point. So you have to see just how bad it was, how it's healing, and sometimes roll the dice.

OP
OP
S

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the Harrell pick from what i have looked at, just still think that we could have got him a bit lower, and ted is all about getting as manny players in the draft as we can.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well see we couldnt get him any lower. if we traded with cleveland we would have gotten a first rounder NEXT year, and their second that year. and Harrell would have surely been gone by the early 20s at the latest. so .... if your happy we got Harrell, then be glad we didnt trade down.

im happy with the pick if for no other reason than, there wasnt much more available at 16 that i would have liked.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
well see we couldnt get him any lower. if we traded with cleveland we would have gotten a first rounder NEXT year, and their second that year. and Harrell would have surely been gone by the early 20s at the latest. so .... if your happy we got Harrell, then be glad we didnt trade down.

im happy with the pick if for no other reason than, there wasnt much more available at 16 that i would have liked.

To me, I would have liked him to pull the trigger on that deal, that way we would have 2 first round picks next year and the CLEV pick should be a pretty high pick. We would have had two 2nd's this year in a draft where the value of the player between 16 and 30 something wouldn't have been that great. Throw in a swap of all remaining rounds.. there was alot of value in that trade. IMO.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

To me, I would have liked him to pull the trigger on that deal, that way we would have 2 first round picks next year and the CLEV pick should be a pretty high pick. We would have had two 2nd's this year in a draft where the value of the player between 16 and 30 something wouldn't have been that great. Throw in a swap of all remaining rounds.. there was alot of value in that trade. IMO.

Cleveland's 1st next year and their 2nd this year was what Dallas went for. What they supposedly offered us was the 2008 1st (which has averaged picking 7th or 8th for the last 9 years -- having #1 twice and #3 3 times out of those years) and swapping picks in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds this year. That would have jumped us 11 spots in each of those 3 rounds. It would have been tempting but we would not have gotten Harrell unless we packaged a couple of those picks and traded back up -- like Dallas did. And we would have had to get ahead of Denver at 21.

Members online

Latest posts