Draft Projections. Bush may be tough to get.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BR's right - on Defense, we NEED to make sure there are at least TWO Nose Tackles to replace Gravy Jackson.

But - let's NOT forget we may already have one - in Colin Cole (90).
His stats are that he weighs in at 325 (or does he, really?)
He can move like lightning so far and I see him improving.

But, in 2003 we had... both Gravedigger & Gravy.... in the middle and NO ONE got thru.

WE NEED THAT BACK!

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush will come out. He should learn his lesson from Leinhart. Leinhart was the number one overall last year... maybe 2 or 3 this year.

Any team, save for Seattle and/or San Diego, would select Bush number one overall including the Houston Texans. If the Texans manage to beat the Titans, 49ers, and/or the Cardinals and play their way out of the Reggie Bush sweepstakes, then they'd be delighted to take Leinhart as David Carr has shown he won't ever be the player they'd hoped. (Thank goodness they selected Carr #1 and let Peppers slip to us at #2 that year!).

If both are gone, they'll begin building up their offensive line.

Green Bay should select Bush if given the opportunity. I don't know a whole lot about Rogers, but I'd try diligently to ship Rogers and some picks off to someone for the opportunity to pick Leinhart. You can't afford both, but you can't afford to pass on Leinhart. It's like Carson Palmer vs. JP Losman.

You probably won't select 4th as previously mentioned, the 49ers and Texans play each other and unless the Texans only win that game AND the 49ers lose all of their remaining games... things will change. There's an entire quarter of the season left to be played.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen any mock drafts, but shouldn't Hawk fall a little ways? I know Dan Morgan in 2001 was the highest drafted LB in recent memory at the number 11 position.

Last year Thomas Davis LB/S and Derrick Thomas (who was initially projected to go as high as #4) were drafted back to back at 14 and 15. LBs aren't typically top 10 material.

You'd need to trade down to take Hawk in my opinion. DTs are worth their weight, litterally and figuratively, in gold. Same can be said of DEs, CBs, QBs, RBs, WRs, OTs. As for any other position, it can wait.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I know the Pack cant pass on Bush they also cannot Pass on a Defensive stud. TT I believe really screwed the pooch last year by picking Rodgers I know I know best available player but the Pack needed someone to step up in Defense and TT balked on that no fault of his but We have Brett and Nall has proven to be a capable back up. JMO

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who really knows........Bush has Leinhart as his QB right now, and maybe thats why they both are doing so well. Maybe if they had to run the show alone they wouldn't be doing so great. The draft is just a big crap shoot anyway.........how many times do you see 1st round picks end up being busts, and 7th rounders being great? They both happen alot. So I personally don't put that much on what number pick they are, as no one really knows till years from now who will pan out, and who will tank.
Who will end up being a better QB.......Alex Smith, or Aaron Rodgers? See what I mean? We have NO idea right now. Time will tell. The same goes for Reggie Bush............maybe he will be great in the NFL, or maybe end up as a trivia question years from now.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cannot make a living drafting for "this years needs". Although a team must give more weight to need when conducting a draft, due primarily to unfettered free agency and the shorter time players are with a team, one must still draft talent.

I will say, however, that Sherman's mistake was similar to Denny Green's...always drafting projects and sleepers...and becoming fixated on them.

In this day and age you need to draft production, even if ugly, over potential more often than not. I will gladly take a player who is able to contribute immediately at a reasonably high level, over the potential laden talent that MAY outshine the one I took in 3 - 4 years.........just in time to leave for someone else's big-money contract.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Who really knows........Bush has Leinhart as his QB right now, and maybe thats why they both are doing so well. Maybe if they had to run the show alone they wouldn't be doing so great. The draft is just a big crap shoot anyway.........how many times do you see 1st round picks end up being busts, and 7th rounders being great? They both happen alot. So I personally don't put that much on what number pick they are, as no one really knows till years from now who will pan out, and who will tank.
Who will end up being a better QB.......Alex Smith, or Aaron Rodgers? See what I mean? We have NO idea right now. Time will tell. The same goes for Reggie Bush............maybe he will be great in the NFL, or maybe end up as a trivia question years from now.

...or maybe he'll be great AND end up as a trivia question years from now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts