Draft Projections. Bush may be tough to get.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heaven forbid they develop an unhealthy attraction to foliage...save the children from the green, blooming demon that is shrubbery!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RYAN!

Why is it that another Reggie Bush post is allowed on to and discussed on this forum?

When I started one it was moved to the official Bush thread?

I don't get it.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: RYAN!

Obi1 said:
Why is it that another Reggie Bush post is allowed on to and discussed on this forum?

I don't get it.

I know but let's see how many "Sherman Sucks" threads we can get started at the same time!?!? :roll:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Obi1 said:

I don't get it.

Shhhhhh....don't mention "that name" :D I think it's because the thread evolved and hasn't had a chance to be moved yet...although, if you notice, digs and I were talking about green thumbs, not about you know who from you know where.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

musccy said:
Obi1 said:

I don't get it.

Shhhhhh....don't mention "that name" :D I think it's because the thread evolved and hasn't had a chance to be moved yet...although, if you notice, digs and I were talking about green thumbs, not about you know who from you know where.

hahahahaha :beer:

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think the pack should focus on defense in next years draft. hawk and williams are both great choices. i would perfer hawk myself just because williams has had some attitude problems, cletius hunt flashback. sure it would be nice to snag a big name running back like bush, williams, or maroney, but rbs are a dime a dozen(example: denver) and a decent runner can be sought in the second round. but i think aj hawk is your man, nothing but mean and nasty, with him in the middle and with the fiesty collins backing him up, and a young d-line who seem to be quickly maturing under bates. easily a top 10 defense next year.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
The NFL draft is five months away.

The Reggie Bush talk is all horse****. Why?

1)Reggie Bush is a junior. As of today, he hasn't declared his decision whether to give up his senior year. If you recall his teammate Leinert gave up a sure top pick #1 selection last year to return for his senior year.
So to say he's going to be the #1 is premature. In fact, Pete Carroll is pissed at the media for saying it's a done deal that he's coming out.

2)It assumes the Packers aren't going to win anymore games and Houston, Jets, San Fran are all ahead of Green Bay in draft order as of today...WITH FOUR WEEKS TO GO. By the way, reports out of Houston say the Texans would take either Bush or Lienart, as Carr likely will be released rather than pay him an 8 million bonus, and the running back they recently signed wouldn't be an impediment to ALSO signing Bush. (Pro Football Talk)

3)It also assumes that Tightwad Ted Thompson would want to keep the pick. There's many good running backs available this year and Tightwad Ted might think we'll take the #2 guy if they could pick up some other good players.

If Bush fell into the Packers laps(if all the if's and buts become candy and nuts) they would snap him up in an instant, but to wring hands over getting Bush is really out there at this point.

net, if you're going to try and list facts at least do the research. As of right now, and SOS (strength of schedule), the Packers would have the 2nd pick in this upcoming draft...it's one thing to ridicule something people may have interest in, but another entirely when you spout out stuff that isn't even true. Do your homework.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the "what if" conversation, even if NET thinks it's a bit premature...

On the radio this morning - Steve Czaban says the Pack are currently listed third on Draft Day.

Houston has two (supposedly) easy games against the Niners and then Tennessee.

We just have to watch where the Jets land... (no pun intended)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
If we don't have a shot at Bush (and maybe even if we do considering what someone may give up to get him) I really hope we trade down to a late top 10 pick (assuming we stay at #3, 4 or 5). The extra second round and late second day pick this will net us will be invaluable in contributing to our overall depth (remember what the Giants gave up to get Manning and the players the Charges were able to obtain as a result of moving down three slots).

If they have a shot at Bush you take him in a heartbeat. Trading down usually means two lesser players instead of the one great player.
The Bears trade down and draft Cade McNown instead of Culpepper.
The Bears trade down and draft Grossman and Haynes instead of Leftwhich.
You put either one of these QBs on the Bears right now and they probably go to the Super Bowl this year. Go with the impact player.

Reaction score
Philtration said:
TOPackerFan said:
If we don't have a shot at Bush (and maybe even if we do considering what someone may give up to get him) I really hope we trade down to a late top 10 pick (assuming we stay at #3, 4 or 5). The extra second round and late second day pick this will net us will be invaluable in contributing to our overall depth (remember what the Giants gave up to get Manning and the players the Charges were able to obtain as a result of moving down three slots).

If they have a shot at Bush you take him in a heartbeat. Trading down usually means two lesser players instead of the one great player.
You put either one of these QBs on the Bears right now and they probably go to the Super Bowl this year. Go with the impact player.

Hey Phil.... lets not forget...

The Bears stay where they are and draft Cedric Benson. :lol:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I like the "what if" conversation, even if NET thinks it's a bit premature...

On the radio this morning - Steve Czaban says the Pack are currently listed third on Draft Day.

Houston has two (supposedly) easy games against the Niners and then Tennessee.

We just have to watch where the Jets land... (no pun intended)

I think the Jets and Ravens will want Leinhart. If available Ted will trade to them. This Bush kid(who by the way led his High School track team to Calif State championship) will be gone when the Packers draft.

When considering the football market free agency the higher priced positions are DT, QB, CB, OT. Of these a quality replacement for Carroll or Jackson can be found.

What should not be taken are the positions that are not so highly priced such as Safety, LB, and RB. These are better found in free agency.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we want AJ Hawk? We have Nick Barnett

Hawk lacks the straight line speed to play OLB in the NFL, and would probably be played at MLB, and we have Barnett there!

Why would we want to get rid of Carroll?
You all seem to forget his age..
He is 22 years old, guys, and he has already played in the NFL for two years, I think he just got there too early, but he will develop. We have seen signs of improvement. I want to keep him.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

I agree re Bush and Leinart too. You don't pass up either of those guys if they're on the board, but if they're both off, like I expect them to be, I think it makes sense to trade down. There are a bunch of guys out there who are relatively equal in talent and if you can get two extra first day picks without giving up anything significant in terms of talent, you do that in a heartbeat.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB is actually in a good situation right now.

Walker and Murphy will return next season, meaning we should be ok at WR. Gado continues to improve behind a poor OL and Herron will get a chance as well. We still need to draft or pickup another RB, but not necessarily in round 1. Our TEs are the strength of our offense right now. It would be very difficult to find a better trio.

On defense Collins and Roman continue to improve and gel. Poppinga and Manning are improving quickly, while Thomas is doing great. Barnett needs to be more consistent. Carroll is correcting mistakes and becoming a solid CB while Harris is a stud. Our DL is gelling with plenty of young guys stepping up.

Big loses to come are Green, Davenport and Jackson. We need to replace Jackson in the middle. We also need to continue to improve our depth.

In the end, our draft needs lead to first getting more than 5 picks. TT knows this and has noted that we will have more than 5 picks. He made some good trades last April to get a few extra guys and we know he'll do the same again.

So if we have a top 5 spot come April 2006, it is only logical that TT will trade down to pick up more players and get a top 15 pick.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, but we should draft either DeAngelo Williams or Laurence Maroney. I like Williams. Maroney we could probably get in the second round, do we have a second round draftpick?

We could also get Lendale White in the second round. There are many good RB's in this draft.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, but we should draft either DeAngelo Williams or Laurence Maroney. I like Williams. Maroney we could probably get in the second round, do we have a second round draftpick?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more thing to point on improving this team, the Packers have been in every game this year. No matter who the opponent, GB has had good opportunities to win every game.

That indicates that this team doesn't need wholesale changes, just the right changes to turn the few critical plays in our favor.

GB has deserved every loss this year. When the game has been on the line, this team has come up short. We need to make those critical plays and this team will be in the mix again next year.

Forget about playing for draft position. I hope these young players can gel together and use the end of this season to build momentum for next year!

GO PACK GO!!!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
GB is actually in a good situation right now.

Walker and Murphy will return next season, meaning we should be ok at WR. Gado continues to improve behind a poor OL and Herron will get a chance as well. We still need to draft or pickup another RB, but not necessarily in round 1. Our TEs are the strength of our offense right now. It would be very difficult to find a better trio.

On defense Collins and Roman continue to improve and gel. Poppinga and Manning are improving quickly, while Thomas is doing great. Barnett needs to be more consistent. Carroll is correcting mistakes and becoming a solid CB while Harris is a stud. Our DL is gelling with plenty of young guys stepping up.

Big loses to come are Green, Davenport and Jackson. We need to replace Jackson in the middle. We also need to continue to improve our depth.

In the end, our draft needs lead to first getting more than 5 picks. TT knows this and has noted that we will have more than 5 picks. He made some good trades last April to get a few extra guys and we know he'll do the same again.

So if we have a top 5 spot come April 2006, it is only logical that TT will trade down to pick up more players and get a top 15 pick.

i agree with everything this post has to offer

at Running Back--Ahman Green and perhaps Najeh Davenport are gone--but it doesnt matter because I dont think we will ever see them at their 2003 form ever again...there are ALWAYS good running backs being taken from the 2nd-4th rounds, no reason why we can't wait, barring the chance we get a shot at reggie bush--I used the analogy before, no reason Gado can't be a Davenport-type runner, all we need is a running back, like Green, that can catch the ball, and stretch the defense to the corners

the last packer game i saw was against the Eagles--they had almost their entire 2nd string o-line in, and Grady Jackson got pushed around by them...he needs to go--My recommendation for our top ten pick has been, for a while, Oregon DT Haloti Ngata--something like 6'6 340, has ran a sub-5.0 40, great in pursuit, would be the type of guy to command double teams...a force

Also, there should be an effort to move Barnett to the outside--draft either Maryland's D'Qwell Jackson or Iowa's Abdul Hodge (or Virginia's Ahmad Brooks if he drops) in the second round, start them at MLB, and move Barnett to the outside...he's a great tackler BUT he lacks the anticipation and athleticism to get in position to make plays from the middle of the field, if you recall last year i said take odell thurman at #24, and well...

actually i disagree with one thing--tight ends--i'd like to see us draft a stronger blocking tight end and get david martin out of the picture...and maybe take a WR mid-round, just get another able body in there, another target for who i think will be Aaron Rodgers at QB...just in case Ferguson gets hurt again, Walker isn't 100%, ya know

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with picking up another WR late in the draft, but I disagree on the TE situation.

Lee's strength is his blocking and he's showing great ability in receiving.

I wanted us to cut Martin in the offseason, but he's really stepped up this year. He's actually becoming an extra WR for us with Walker and Murphy out. Right now he's the best receiver we have to go up high beating defenders to the ball.

Most teams are generally rather weak at TE, but we've got 3 solid contributers. In this era of FAs, it's sometimes better to have cheap solid contributers versus expensive high profile guys.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think we should draft a WR. But if we do, we should draft some of the tall guys. But those guys are not likely to fall to the late rounds.

at WR I like:

Martin Nance, WR Miami (OH) 6'5/215

Travis Wilson WR Oklahoma 6'3/216

Dallas Baker WR Florida 6'3/205

Hank Baskett III WR New Mexico 6'4/220 This one I particularly like, he is too big for defensive backs to handle, and to quick for linebackers.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Top 20 Seniors from NFL Draft Blitz below...

Assuming RB is gone, take Hawk or trade down. Unfortunately I don't get to see many games in Florida, but the ones I have seen, the Guard's play has been attrocious, but that's a middle-round pick, I think.

If we have a top 5 pick, the only ones that make sense to me are Bush, Hawk, or maybe Kiwanuka. There doesn't seem to be a DT rated in the top 10 on the lists I've seen.

1. Matt Leinart (QB) USC
2. A.J. Hawk (OLB) Ohio State
3. Jimmy Williams (CB) Virginia Tech
4. Mathias Kiwanuka (DE) Boston College
5. Chad Greenway (OLB) Iowa
6. Marcedes Lewis (TE) UCLA
7. DeAngelo Williams (RB) Memphis
8. D'Brickashaw Ferguson (OT) Virginia
9. Tamba Hali (DE) Penn State
10. Marcus McNeill (OT) Auburn
11. Manny Lawson (DE/OLB) N.C. State
12. DeMeco Ryans (OLB) Alabama
13. Max Jean-Gilles (OG) Georgia
14. D'Qwell Jackson (MLB) Maryland
15. Darryl Tapp (DE) Virginia Tech
16. Greg Eslinger (C) Minnesota
17. Rodrique Wright (DT) Texas
18. Demetrius Williams (WR) Oregon
19. Jesse Mahelona (DT) Tennessee
20. Alan Zemaitis (CB) Penn State

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only 12 Sherman draft picks remain on the team with Nall soon to leave and Washington not likely to make it in 06. If Ted Thompson can get rid of Martin I wouldn't mind so Sherman's draft picks on the team gets into single digits next year.

The 12(one for each day of Christmas) are:
Ferguson
Martin
Walker
Kampmann (free agent)
Nall (free agent)
Barnett
Peterson
Carroll
Washington
Sander
Williams
Wells (cut but signed again)

8 of Wolf's picks are still around. 10 of Thompson's are sitll around.

Any bets on more of Wolf's draft picks being around during 06 than Sherman's???

Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Only 12 Sherman draft picks remain on the team with Nall soon to leave and Washington not likely to make it in 06. If Ted Thompson can get rid of Martin I wouldn't mind so Sherman's draft picks on the team gets into single digits next year.

The 12(one for each day of Christmas) are:
Ferguson
Martin
Walker
Kampmann (free agent)
Nall (free agent)
Barnett
Peterson
Carroll
Washington
Sander
Williams
Wells (cut but signed again)

8 of Wolf's picks are still around. 10 of Thompson's are sitll around.

Any bets on more of Wolf's draft picks being around during 06 than Sherman's???

:eek:fftopic: WOW! What a wrong post in this thread. This thread isn't about Wolfs picks outdoing MS's, but rather who the Pack should draft. If you want, create a new topic, rather than post something useless like that.

I think Pack should trade down, and then draft a Guard/DT/DE Combo in the first 2 rounds. We need a good Guard, and we need a DE. Wouldn't mind picking up another Kampman in the later rounds. Too busy to follow NCAA this year, but I have high hopes for this draft.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Philtration said:
TOPackerFan said:

Hey Phil.... lets not forget...

The Bears stay where they are and draft Cedric Benson. :lol:
The jury is still out on Benson and I did not think that they needed a running back in the first place but Angelo is a moron. Angelo wanted to trade down and no one wanted to make a move.
By the way, Bush will probally be a much better player than Benson or anyone else that was drafted this year.

Members online

Latest posts