Draft Predictions 2017 Version (Bold)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprise guys available:
  • Marlon Humphry - product of over - analysis. Problems tracking the ball, but has all the tools and is only 20. Will develop more skills to go along with his amazing physical athleticism. Tough and aggressive. Walter Football reported some teams had him ranked #1 CB during the college season.
  • Reuben Foster - teammate/attitude issues and 'water logged' drug test are dropping him. Personally, I would roll the dice on Foster if he is available. He is a very hard hitting intimidating force in the middle that could be the 'tone setter' we have needed for years. I don't think TT will see it that way if he is available and we will pass on him as well. Good chance Jerry Jones takes a flyer on him. He likes to gamble. Before the failed drug test, one TV pundit was actually pimping him as the #2 overall pick.

Not available:
  • Adoree Jackson - top 20
  • Kevin King
  • Gareon Conley
  • TJ Watt - rats

• Mitch Turbisky goes in top 5
  • Deshaun Watson is a bust - you can't teach accuracy
  • Kizer and Mahomes win playoff games before Turbisky and Watson.
  • Myles Garrett has HOF career
  • Mike Williams busts - his lack of separation will hurt him in the NFL
  • McCaffery doesnt go in the top 10, doesnt make it to 15.

Packers -
  • Take a RB on day 2
  • Don't see CB is as big of a need as many posters here
  • Feel that OLB is the biggest need
  • First pick will either be a OLB or a CB
  • Packers will pass on ILB Foster

• I predict he will be there and our first pick will be Marlon Humphry CB. Feels like history repeating itself with Haha Clinton-Dix. End of the college season he was a top 10 pick. By the time of the draft, he was nit-picked and combine workout wonders moved ahead of the guy who just played very well.

• If Humphry, Conley, Watt, and King (in order of selection) are gone, we trade back into early round 2 and target Bowser or a CB.

Feel free to add your own.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Bold? Ok...

Nathan Peterman or Josh Dobbs is the most successful QB in this class in terms of wins and key statistics (YPA, Comp. %, TD-INT ratio).

Chris Godwin has the most receiving production of any WR in this class after three seasons (barring injury).

Brian Hill tops 1000 rushing yards in a season by the end of year 2.

Adam Shaheen is a top 50 bust.

BOTH Wisconsin edge players have double digit sack seasons while on their rookie deals.

Blair Brown has the highest single season tackle count of any linebacker in this class by the end of year four.

Marcus Williams is the best free safety from this class by the end of year three.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice. I would have made the same Godwin prediction.

Need to revise my predictions. I dont think Conley will be drafted making it more likely Humphry will go nefpre the Packers pick.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Nice. I would have made the same Godwin prediction.

Need to revise my predictions. I dont think Conley will be drafted making it more likely Humphry will go nefpre the Packers pick.

I don't even believe some of mine, but sometimes you just have to go for the gusto.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even believe some of mine, but sometimes you just have to go for the gusto.
Tough to predict QBs. The team situation is so important. I think Kizer may go to the Steelers in round 1 and have a great team around him. He will sit and learn for a couple seasons. In which case he has a great career. If he makes it to round 2 and goes to Cleveland or similar, he will struggle his entire (and short) career.

H

HardRightEdge

• Kizer and Mahomes win playoff games before Turbisky and Watson

Feel free to add your own.
I was watching Mariucci doing one of his work-out-the-prospects shows with QBs a week or two back with Kurt Warner assisting.

Mahomes has all the tools but the rap is he has a habit of going into undisciplined gunslinger mode where his decision making and mechanics break down. No robo-QB who just checks the right boxes.

What struck me in the Mariucci show is that he's smart, processes quickly and is very coachable. Yeah, I think he just might be the best of this class.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think Conley goes in the first. Maybe round 3ish at this point.

Therefore Humphry will likely be gone. My prediction now is Chidobe Aruzie. Said to be rhe safest CB in the draft. Technically sound and a good athlete. He will do well as a rookie rather than some of the popular "athletic potential" guys.

H

HardRightEdge

I dont think Conley goes in the first. Maybe round 3ish at this point.

Therefore Humphry will likely be gone. My prediction now is Chidobe Aruzie. Said to be rhe safest CB in the draft. Technically sound and a good athlete. He will do well as a rookie rather than some of the popular "athletic potential" guys.
That's who I've pegged. That means Thompson will pick somebody else.

Members online

Latest posts