DRAFT PREDICTION TIME POLLS: What POSITION

Whether we pick at #21, or trade down/up, WHICH POSITION do you predict our FIRST PICK will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether we pick at #21, or trade down/up, WHICH POSITION do you predict our FIRST PICK will be?

Poll closes next Thursday, Draft Day

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Far more CB available in that range than anything else, so I'll bet chalk over previous tendencies

D

Deleted member 6794

Definitely possible, even though we are deep at CB right now with Shields, Tramon, Hayward, (Hyde), House

Tramon is in the last year of his contract, I don´t trust House to be a starter outside and Hayward and Hyde (who´s possible moving to safety) are best suited to play in the slot. I wouldn´t mind adding a corner capable of playing outside.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon is in the last year of his contract, I don´t trust House to be a starter outside and Hayward and Hyde (who´s possible moving to safety) are best suited to play in the slot. I wouldn´t mind adding a corner capable of playing outside.

That's what I said on another thread. House will show just enough this year for our "in house is always best" philosophy and Thompson will peg him as the Tramon replacement and we will be in the same position at corner as we are at safety 2 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

That's what I said on another thread. House will show just enough this year for our "in house is always best" philosophy and Thompson will peg him as the Tramon replacement and we will be in the same position at corner as we are at safety 2 years from now.

I think you´re way too negative about the situation at corner. I don´t think House will re-signed after next season if he doesn´t significantly improve in 2014. The position looks solid with Shields, Hayward and Hyde at the moment. Thompson could either keep Tramon around after next season or bring in a rookie this year who could become the starter outside by 2015.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you´re way too negative about the situation at corner. I don´t think House will re-signed after next season if he doesn´t significantly improve in 2014. The position looks solid with Shields, Hayward and Hyde at the moment. Thompson could either keep Tramon around after next season or bring in a rookie this year who could become the starter outside by 2015.

Yeah I love those three players, but only one is an outside corner. I really hope we draft somebody this year. I don't wanna rookie playing such an important role by drafting one next year. Tramon won't be back unless it's a restructure that saves us money. That's why I want fuller so bad but that seems to be an unpopular, or at least, unspoken opinion around here.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I love those three players, but only one is an outside corner. I really hope we draft somebody this year. I don't wanna rookie playing such an important role by drafting one next year. Tramon won't be back unless it's a restructure that saves us money. That's why I want fuller so bad but that seems to be an unpopular, or at least, unspoken opinion around here.

IMO the jury is still out on if Hayward can play outside, but as of right now I´d rather have him play in the slot as well. Tramon´s contract only runs through the end of 2014, so we could re-sign him next offseason to a completely new deal (I still expect the Packers asking to restructure and extending his current deal though).

I would be fine with drafting Fuller.

drakehawkjd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO, this draft is deep enough at CB that they should still be able to pick a solid prospect (not yet fully prepared to start) in the late 3rd or 4th Round.

I see the first few picks as:

1st - ILB (Mosley or Shazier)
2nd - FS (Ward or Bucannon)
3rd - C ???
3rd - TE (Fiedorowicz)
4th - CB ???

I also could see TT trading up into the 2nd or 3rd Rd to get an additional pick there should certain players be falling.

Where is Jean - Baptiste supposed to go??

Last edited:

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't think we will see a safety or ILB go to us in the first. I think we will draft a CB, a TE, a pass rusher, or a DL. I think we will take brooks in the second to compete at safety. Address the 2 positions I listed that didn't get drafted in the first in the 3rd and get depth on defense and at WR/OL in rounds 4-7.

D

Deleted member 6794

IMHO, this draft is deep enough at CB that they should still be able to pick a solid prospect (not yet fully prepared to start) in the late 3rd or 4th Round.

I see the first few picks as:

1st - ILB (Mosley or Shazier)
2nd - FS (Ward or Bucannon)
3rd - C ???
3rd - TE (Fiedorowicz)
4th - CB ???

I also could see TT trading up into the 2nd or 3rd Rd to get an additional pick there should certain players be falling.

Where is Jean - Baptiste supposed to go??

Shazier isn´t a good fit at ILB for a 3-4, neither Ward nor Bucannon are a good fit at FS.

Jean-Baptiste is supposed to be a third round pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

I honestly don't think we will see a safety or ILB go to us in the first. I think we will draft a CB, a TE, a pass rusher, or a DL. I think we will take brooks in the second to compete at safety. Address the 2 positions I listed that didn't get drafted in the first in the 3rd and get depth on defense and at WR/OL in rounds 4-7.

If the Packers don´t go safety or ILB in the first round I think CB is the only other viable option considering which players will probably be available at #21.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers don´t go safety or ILB in the first round I think CB is the only other viable option considering which players will probably be available at #21.

Yes, unless they have a higher grade on nix than I believe they should. Or if for some reason barr or Ebron fell to us. Obviously Barr falling is pretty unrealistic

drakehawkjd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see two
Shazier isn´t a good fit at ILB for a 3-4, neither Ward nor Bucannon are a good fit at FS.

Jean-Baptiste is supposed to be a third round pick.

I see two sides to Shazier. On one side he's small but he also is faster than any LB I've seen in a long time.

The TE, CB, and DL positions will be addressed but i don't think it'll be that high. I've read that they really have not yet given up on Perry or Jones. If they can't get a FS or ILB I would look for them to trade back to get more picks.

D

Deleted member 6794

I see twoI see two sides to Shazier. On one side he's small but he also is faster than any LB I've seen in a long time.

But he can´t get off blocks by OL at the second level, that´s essential for a 3-4 ILB.

drakehawkjd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also have heard a lot on Ebron that he can't block which seems problematic if Lacy and Starks want to run taking pressure off Rodgers.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also have heard a lot on Ebron that he can't block which seems problematic if Lacy and Starks want to run taking pressure off Rodgers.

More that they don't KNOW if he can block. He didn't get many chances in college. That doesn't mean he can't, it just means they utilized his receiving ability. Besides, we have Kuhn back.

D

Deleted member 6794

Absolutely agree that Ebron has to improve his blocking. Highly doubt he´ll be on the board at #21, so it won´t be the Packers problem though.

drakehawkjd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another position we really haven't discussed yet is WR. Boykin looks to be our #3 which concerns me plenty. Part of me hopes the Packers address the WR position before CB. We currently have Shields, Heyward, Williams, Hyde, and House which should be enough to hold down the position for a year while a project guy like Jean-Baptiste gets broken into the defense.

It's pretty certain Watkins and Evans will be off the board at 21. Therefore if Clinton-Dix, Pryor, and Mosley are off the board, maybe TT trades back to the early 2nd picking up another pick and takes the big WR from Florida St. I know everyone will rip me because that would mean passing on Nix but I also feel 21 is too high for Nix anyway so trade down and get essentially a 2 for 1 IF the guys we want aren't there.....

D

Deleted member 6794

Another position we really haven't discussed yet is WR. Boykin looks to be our #3 which concerns me plenty. Part of me hopes the Packers address the WR position before CB. We currently have Shields, Heyward, Williams, Hyde, and House which should be enough to hold down the position for a year while a project guy like Jean-Baptiste gets broken into the defense.

It's pretty certain Watkins and Evans will be off the board at 21. Therefore if Clinton-Dix, Pryor, and Mosley are off the board, maybe TT trades back to the early 2nd picking up another pick and takes the big WR from Florida St. I know everyone will rip me because that would mean passing on Nix but I also feel 21 is too high for Nix anyway so trade down and get essentially a 2 for 1 IF the guys we want aren't there.....

I don´t think the Packers have to use their first round pick for a WR. First of all the draft is deep at the position and I don´t see a great value pick being there for the Packers at #21. I would prefer to address the position either in the second or third round.

There aren´t a lot of guys high on Nix on this forum.

Members online

Latest posts