DRAFT PREDICTION TIME POLLS: Trade or no trade of #21?

What happens for our first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teddy Thompson has probably traded down more than any recent GM.
But with his/Ron Wolf tree growing (Seattle, Oakland), there are also others who look to trade down.

That being said, a lot of people predict that Thompson may very well trade down like he did in that 2008 draft when he traded down and out of round 1, and added extra picks, with Jordy Nelson in round 2 being his first pick.

They say this is a deep draft, and that rounds 2 & 3 offer plenty of quality impact players.

Or does Teddy pull that rare shocker like 2009 where he trades up, as he did to boldly grab Clay Matthews?

Let's see how much psychic vibe you have!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm gonna go against the standard here. A lot of teams will be looking to drop back, the only teams looking to trade up with us will be the guys trying to jump Philly and San Diego for CB, and I also don't think any of the guys we'd typically want will fall to us. I do however know that we have an extra 3 and 5. I say trade up and shock the hell out of all of us.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna go against the standard here. A lot of teams will be looking to drop back, the only teams looking to trade up with us will be the guys trying to jump Philly and San Diego for CB, and I also don't think any of the guys we'd typically want will fall to us. I do however know that we have an extra 3 and 5. I say trade up and shock the hell out of all of us.

Maybe there was a reason Clinton Dix was in a packers shirt, ehh? Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

What reason was that?

I assume (but don´t know) that Tyler Mays took a picture in a Packers shirt before the 2010 draft but didn´t end up in Green Bay. So I wouldn´t read too much into the Clinton-Dix picture.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume (but don´t know) that Tyler Mays took a picture in a Packers shirt before the 2010 draft but didn´t end up in Green Bay. So I wouldn´t read too much into the Clinton-Dix picture.

Yeah, I was just messing around. As I said before, I still don't want Clinton Dix as I think he wouldn't be a 1st round talent in a draft with an average to good safety class. A lot of mocks have Pryor going before him now. Saw one on CBS's website I'd you want to check it out. They had bridgewater going after savage too though, which I don't see happening.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, I was just messing around. As I said before, I still don't want Clinton Dix as I think he wouldn't be a 1st round talent in a draft with an average to good safety class. A lot of mocks have Pryor going before him now. Saw one on CBS's website I'd you want to check it out. They had bridgewater going after savage too though, which I don't see happening.

Savage has skyrocketed draft boards, but I don´t see him being drafted before Bridgewater.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Savage has skyrocketed draft boards, but I don´t see him being drafted before Bridgewater.

Yeah they had him pegged as the Texans 2nd round pick, (1st overall in the second) and bridgewater I think going to the Vikes in the second.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO Savage should be drafted in the mid to late rounds.

Yeah I agree. But I also think bridgewater will be the best QB of this entire class and most wouldn't agree with me on that. I think he'll be better than bortles and don't even get me started on Manziel.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I agree. But I also think bridgewater will be the best QB of this entire class and most wouldn't agree with me on that. I think he'll be better than bortles and don't even get me started on Manziel.

I think Bortles will turn out to be the best QB of this year´s class. Don´t like Johnny Football either.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bortles will turn out to be the best QB of this year´s class. Don´t like Johnny Football either.
Bridgewater and bortles are the only 2 QBs out of the class that I would feel comfortable with if we were a QB needy team.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Pretty much. It's all campaigning.
IMO Savage should be drafted in the mid to late rounds.
To quote one of the scouts, "The more I hear about him, the more convinced I am that Pitt could have used a QB like Savage"

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think there are any QB's in this class worthy of a top 20 pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agree with you on Bortles. I think Minnesota can get him at #8. It's possible that 4 QBs go round 1. IMO it will be one or two, and NOT Manziel. We'll see.

I don´t think Manziel will turn out to be a good QB in the NFL, still think he´ll get drafted in the first round though.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don´t think Manziel will turn out to be a good QB in the NFL, still think he´ll get drafted in the first round though.
Yeah you might be right about that. He's just too full of himself to start well out of the gates. Rodgers is a talented guy, but he works very, very hard in practice, reviewing film, and on. I don't see Johnny Football doing that. And with as complex as offense has become, everyone has to be prepared come game day. That's why I appreciate the attention TT pays to character.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That´s absolutely possible, but teams desperate for help at the position will for sure draft some of them in the top 20.
I agree. It gives Ted a better chance at getting real value at 21. Will be curious to see if/when patience gets tossed to the side and if the foolish GM's start diving into the pyrite mine.

greenbayscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have 9 picks. We don't need 9 more players. 5 or 6 won't make the team. Draft quality not quantity.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have 9 picks. We don't need 9 more players. 5 or 6 won't make the team. Draft quality not quantity.

Sometimes quality is in quantity. If there's 9 players that will upgrade our team, over what we have, draft them. It all depends on how the picks ahead of us in each round fall.

Members online

Latest posts