Draft Network 7-round Packer Draft

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft Network are going through and using their predictor to do one of these for each of the 32 teams. I thought their packer draft was actually pretty interesting, and more realistic than any I am seeing on CBS or NFL.com right now, so worth talking about I guess. They have full analysis on their site HERE so I will just give a brief opinion on each.

#12) DT Ed Oliver, Houston - Pretty much love this pick; Would provide interior pass rush that Pettine wants. Has the violence, twitch, and attitude to dominate that the packer defense needs.

#30) TE Noah Fant, Iowa - Fant is a decent value pick here. True he needs to work on in-line blocking, but he has elite athletic traits. Personally I am in favor of taking a TE somewhere in rounds 2 - 4 (Knox, Sternberger, Warring, Oliver, etc). I think this #30 spot might be ideal value for an OL selection like Lindstrom, Risner, Bradbury, or maybe McCoy.

#44) WR Deebo Samuel, South Carolina - Here's the shifty, slot weapon with YAC ability the offense needs.

#75) OT Michael Deiter, Wisconsin - The only pick I truly don't like. Badger OL picks are usually safe with a ton of upside, but something about this year's group turns me off. Not tough, not athletic, IMO, and underachieved in their final season. I follow Badger football pretty closely. Biadasz was the best of the bunch and he went back to school.

#114) ILB Sione Takataki, BYU - Don't really know much about him. Actually, I have never heard of him before... :unsure:

#118) Edge Justin Hollins, Oregon - Love this pick. Hollins has a pretty nice skillset and I think he will end up being a contributor and nice wave edge rusher to come in on 3rd down while one of the Smiths drops inside. Would probably take Gilbert's spot on the roster.

#150) OT Bobby Evans, Oklahoma - Also love this pick. Great value in the 5th round, IMO. I actually think he is better than Deiter and might be good enough to be the main swing tackle right away.

#185) DL Armon Watts, Arkansas - Another really good pick, IMO. DN killed rounds 4-6. Watts would probably make the roster and would be good depth.

#194) RB Devin Ozigbo, Nebraska - Other posters have been touting this guy. I have other favorites in this pretty deep RB class, so I don't know much about him.

#226) OG Hjalte Froholdt, Arkansas - Developmental project for the practice squad?

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#114) ILB Sione Takataki, BYU - Don't really know much about him. Actually, I have never heard of him before... :unsure:
Apparently you are not following my mocks. He has been on the Amish radar for a bit.

I think 4th is too early for him. I think I have him in the 6th. He is very athletic and showed steady improvement the last 2 years. I like that. I feel like he is going to continue to improve and develop. Not ready to start, but give him 1 or 2 years.

I would love this mock to turn out true. A lot of talent and athleticism.

OP
OP
morango

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently you are not following my mocks. He has been on the Amish radar for a bit.

I think 4th is too early for him. I think I have him in the 6th. He is very athletic and showed steady improvement the last 2 years. I like that. I feel like he is going to continue to improve and develop. Not ready to start, but give him 1 or 2 years.

I would love this mock to turn out true. A lot of talent and athleticism.

Well if Sione Takataki is amish he is alright by me. He definitely has a cool name. In fact, I am going to put him on my All-Name Team. :)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's one of the more favorable scenarios I've seen.

My main criticism is that I think we need to (if possible, value wise) come out of rounds 1-3 with a future RT.

OP
OP
morango

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My main criticism is that I think we need to (if possible, value wise) come out of rounds 1-3 with a future RT.

I agree and I don' think Deiter is it.

I would prefer to spend the #30 on OL as I think there will be value there, as mentioned above. One of Risner, McCoy, Lindstrom, Bradbury, etc. will be there. Granted, only Risner projects as a RT, but I am okay with taking iOL there too.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree and I don' think Deiter is it.

I would prefer to spend the #30 on OL as I think there will be value there, as mentioned above. One of Risner, McCoy, Lindstrom, Bradbury, etc. will be there. Granted, only Risner projects as a RT, but I am okay with taking iOL there too.

Will be interesting to see where McGary goes-- lots of moldable tools there.

Reaction score

OT is not a **** pick inside #75, it’s downright tough, but it’s almost a necessity. This year sets the tone for the next 4-5 years as far as protecting an aging QB.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the most OT talent in a few years. Not that it is great, but better. Not sure why. Kids prefer defense these days?