Draft live

Bojack

"All pro DL , you sure the hell dont play like it"
Reaction score
Jordan love WTF he is a second round qb and we just gave a second rnd pick most likely. We are loosing 5 starters next yr have glaring need an Lb and queen was there. Look at the niners draft that is how you draft. They are built to be us by 30 now what the hell more pissed than i was when we drafted Rollins and Randel Gute your a dumb ***. Not even close to when we took rodgers we were a sound team and he fell. Love was projected to go this late.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean... when can we even get rid of Rodgers if we wanted to? I mean Rodgers may play at this comparable level for the next 3 years.... Jordan Love wouldn't see the field until his rookie contract is up lmao

Bojack

Reaction score
If Love is the Man; it was really smart. LaFleur looked genuinely happy to me. Maybe he is looking forward to talking to someone who will listen to him. But also, maybe he just sees his job security improve because he does not fall off a cliff the moment ARod retires. I'm not a fan for just next year. Gotta think of the future.
Niners are going to destroy us even worse look at their draft that is a damn good Gm and coach. He would have been there at 30.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason we have been good for a long time is because we have had two excellent QBs. W/O a QB, it is very tough to do well. They think this guy can really throw. We still have 2nd and a 3rd for an OT and a receiver. We really rolled the dice. Not to mention, we may have someone in case Rodgers gets hurt...which we did not have.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a 4th rounder is a relatively small price to pay, however we MUST hit on our next 2 picks now. Imo we ideally get a WR and ILB in the next 2 rounds, followed by an OT. I feel like the Packers expect Gary to line up as an interior lineman a lot, and they will probably roll with what we have at TE (again).

Either way I really don't like the trade up, I never really like it in the first tbh unless a sure fire thing drops (say a Simmons ends up sitting there at #20), you give up so much draft capital. The second round would have been a much better plays to trade up, like why Gute

Bojack

Reaction score
I decided to. ok lets be open minded and go to the film. I watched Lsu film that Gute said he saw in person. What i seen, needs clean pocket and time to get that big arm wond up. Slow feet cant evade pass rush and get his feet under him to make accurate throws. Gave him benefit of the dought its Lsu. Watched 18 film against Mich St same issues he had in 19. Big arm and nice touch. Misses easy check down passes. Every one claims he had new offensive cordinator and thats why he struggled. A ck down is a ck down. People also made this excuse for Jamess Winston. Who Love's play looks like. I then watched RODGERS and Mahomes college tape. So both evade pass rush and made d pay outside of the pocket both could reset and throw very quickly and accurate. Rodgers quick release damn forget how fast that young arm was. Jordan Love just sealed Gutes fate as our Gm if he is on our team in 3 yrs i will buy Gute a cookie. If he is not I will buy his bus ticket.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I decided to. ok lets be open minded and go to the film. I watched Lsu film that Gute said he saw in person. What i seen, needs clean pocket and time to get that big arm wond up. Slow feet cant evade pass rush and get his feet under him to make accurate throws. Gave him benefit of the dought its Lsu. Watched 18 film against Mich St same issues he had in 19. Big arm and nice touch. Misses easy check down passes. Every one claims he had new offensive cordinator and thats why he struggled. A ck down is a ck down. People also made this excuse for Jamess Winston. Who Love's play looks like. I then watched RODGERS and Mahomes college tape. So both evade pass rush and made d pay outside of the pocket both could reset and throw very quickly and accurate. Rodgers quick release damn forget how fast that young arm was. Jordan Love just sealed Gutes fate as our Gm if he is on our team in 3 yrs i will buy Gute a cookie. If he is not I will buy his bus ticket.
apparently you haven't watched Rodgers throw a check down in the past season. One of the uglier screen and short touch passes I've seen, you expect me to think he's bad now? a check down is a check down right? LOL

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, at least we know the Super Bowl isn't the goal anymore, kind of liberating really. The goal is to let Rodgers win enough games to keep the front office employed while developing a QB to ensure that job security for Gute after Rodgers leaves. It's a crap deal for fans but good for Gute.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So no matter what anyone thinks of Jordan Love, I'll be honest I took him at 30 in some of my mocks, it was tempting. And when I saw him available in the 2nd at picked him without hesitation.

But my question is who exactly did gute trade up above to get him. Certainly none of the teams that owned picks 26-29. Miami took tua, Seattle has Wilson Baltimore Jackson and Tennessee just signed tannehill. I guess maybe Tennessee was gonna take him or another team was gonna trade up I suppose. But if this is poker I think gute got bluffed out of pick 136 which is gonna be a really good player...

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here we find ourselves with a disgruntled QB with regressing skills, many holes in a roster in key positions, and a team in SF that will dominate for the next 2-3 years despite what we do.
This is a 10-6 or 9-7 team scratching in the NFCN....we are not going to compete with the big boys inside the Rodgers window....PERIOD
So....here is idea
Trade AR to SF.... they now can take a real run at KC now.....get Aiuk back in return
SF sends Garrapolo to NE who needs a WB and Belicheck likes
NE sends their 2nd rounder to GB to balance the trade
GB uses picks in 2nd round on WR and OT
GB signs Cam Newton at a much lower price to bridge Love
Packers win because they start reloading and remove the toxicity
SF gets a HOF to take a run now
NE wins with getting back A QB who they never should have lost
Rodgers wins a Super Bowl and gets to go home with Danica

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So here we find ourselves with a disgruntled QB with regressing skills, many holes in a roster in key positions, and a team in SF that will dominate for the next 2-3 years despite what we do.
This is a 10-6 or 9-7 team scratching in the NFCN....we are not going to compete with the big boys inside the Rodgers window....PERIOD
So....here is idea
Trade AR to SF.... they now can take a real run at KC now.....get Aiuk back in return
SF sends Garrapolo to NE who needs a WB and Belicheck likes
NE sends their 2nd rounder to GB to balance the trade
GB uses picks in 2nd round on WR and OT
GB signs Cam Newton at a much lower price to bridge Love
Packers win because they start reloading and remove the toxicity
SF gets a HOF to take a run now
NE wins with getting back A QB who they never should have lost
Rodgers wins a Super Bowl and gets to go home with Danica
and how do you want to create the 40 million or so in cap space we need just so you can trade our QB for picks we won't even have cap space to pay for without cutting other players?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great stat for those who enjoyed the Love pick as much as me! According to PFF, Love was better than Herbert is % of uncatchably off-target throws when targeting an OPEN RECEIVER 5-18 yards downfield! Only 14.1% of Love's targets were terrible! Sure, Tua was at 4.3%, Hurts at 5.0%, and Burrow was 5.1% but Herbert was at 18.1%!

So, lack of receiver depth wouldn't really be as important for Love if Rodgers gets hurt because he doesn't really throw it that accurately to begin with.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So no matter what anyone thinks of Jordan Love, I'll be honest I took him at 30 in some of my mocks, it was tempting. And when I saw him available in the 2nd at picked him without hesitation.

But my question is who exactly did gute trade up above to get him. Certainly none of the teams that owned picks 26-29. Miami took tua, Seattle has Wilson Baltimore Jackson and Tennessee just signed tannehill. I guess maybe Tennessee was gonna take him or another team was gonna trade up I suppose. But if this is poker I think gute got bluffed out of pick 136 which is gonna be a really good player...

Trading the 4th rounder was terrible but the worse decision was drafting a player in the first round that won't help the team for at least 3 seasons.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and how do you want to create the 40 million or so in cap space we need just so you can trade our QB for picks we won't even have cap space to pay for without cutting other players?
You make the trade and the contract and the cap goes with the player

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You make the trade and the contract and the cap goes with the player
that's not how it works. They gave him an 80 MILLION dollar bonus, paid immediately. That gets prorated over a few years. He leaves before that is done, the bill comes due on the cap. This year it would be 40-50 million dollars against the cap against US NOW. They converted some salary to a roster bonus sometime last year again already that made cutting or trading this year even more impactful on the cap. He's not going anywhere.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's not how it works. They gave him an 80 MILLION dollar bonus, paid immediately. That gets prorated over a few years. He leaves before that is done, the bill comes due on the cap. This year it would be 40-50 million dollars against the cap against US NOW. They converted some salary to a roster bonus sometime last year again already that made cutting or trading this year even more impactful on the cap. He's not going anywhere.
I Guarantee that if you sat down with him and discussed getting him over to a SB team in his own home town there would be a ton of considerations made to make the economics work......if he doesn't go anywhere this is Farve 2.0 and no one wins

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just do not have a low opinion of Garrapolo. He looks very good to me. I don't think he is going anywhere for a long time barring injuries.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just do not have a low opinion of Garrapolo. He looks very good to me. I don't think he is going anywhere for a long time barring injuries.
Me neither.....I think he's really good (but not elite).....Belichek would love to get him back.....SF would jump at the chance to get Rodgers (since he probably is still elite in the right place for another two or so years)and with him last year they probably have won the whole thing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Guarantee that if you sat down with him and discussed getting him over to a SB team in his own home town there would be a ton of considerations made to make the economics work......if he doesn't go anywhere this is Farve 2.0 and no one wins
I guarantee, you still don't understand how the salary cap works. he's going to cost us around 40+ million to send him somewhere else. We're going to save less than 2 million in salary this year to offset it. The prorated portion of his bonus would be due NOW against the cap.

We have less than 10 million in available cap and have a draft class to sign. So, you explain the economics of it. Where are you creating 40 more million in cap space so you can get rid of your best offensive player?

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guarantee, you still don't understand how the salary cap works. he's going to cost us around 40+ million to send him somewhere else. We're going to save less than 2 million in salary this year to offset it. The prorated portion of his bonus would be due NOW against the cap.

We have less than 10 million in available cap and have a draft class to sign. So, you explain the economics of it. Where are you creating 40 more million in cap space so you can get rid of your best offensive player?
Got it
In that case we are going to live with a disgruntled QB for the next 2-3 years, wallow around with the Vikings in the NFCN fighting to stay above 500, and if (big if) making the playoffs..... get blown out in the first round. Rodgers will be even more toxic and eye rolling than ever. Bottom line was it really didn't matter who we took in the first round as there are too many holes to fill inside the 2-3 year window for us to realistically challenge the top 3-4 teams. Taking a QB might actually have made some sense but Love didn't really stand out to me. We probably could have got Hurts in the 2nd and taken Queen or Higgins in the 1st.
There is something "behind the scenes" that we don't know about between AR and the organization.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading the 4th rounder was terrible but the worse decision was drafting a player in the first round that won't help the team for at least 3 seasons.

Well, was the Aaron Rodgers pick a bad pick? Cuz he didnt play any meaningful football except that Dallas game during his first 3 seasons.

I also think maybe part of this is to get Rodgers that chip back in his shoulder...

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, was the Aaron Rodgers pick a bad pick? Cuz he didnt play any meaningful football except that Dallas game during his first 3 seasons.

I also think maybe part of this is to get Rodgers that chip back in his shoulder...
I get what you are saying but I don't think they make that pick to try and get ARod to play better. They mean for Love to be the QB of the future. It may work out that way though. Hope Aaron stays healthy. And we have a decent run game.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get what you are saying but I don't think they make that pick to try and get ARod to play better. They mean for Love to be the QB of the future. It may work out that way though. Hope Aaron stays healthy. And we have a decent run game.

Yeah I don't think they made the pick for that sole purpose. Obviously they must think love has the potential to develop over the next 3 or 4 seasons into the next Aaron Rodgers. Which to be honest I think he's got a decent shot of that especially since he landed in a perfect situation...but I do think that Rodgers is gonna play more like 2011 than 2019

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think they made the pick for that sole purpose. Obviously they must think love has the potential to develop over the next 3 or 4 seasons into the next Aaron Rodgers. Which to be honest I think he's got a decent shot of that especially since he landed in a perfect situation...but I do think that Rodgers is gonna play more like 2011 than 2019
Yeah, I hope so.

Members online

Latest posts