5.159: D. Wicks, WR, UVA
6.179: K. Brooks, DL, BG
6.207: A. Carlson, K, AUB
7.232: C. Valentine, CB, UK
7.235: L. Nicholls, RB, WMU
7.242: A. Johnson, SAF, IAST
7.256: G. Dubose, WR, CHAR

And here are the categories:

Favorite Pick: Not necessarily the one that you think will be the best, but just the one you really love.

Least Favorite Pick

Most Immediate Impact:
As in, 2023.

Most Long-Term Impact: Entire projected career.

Round 6-7 Most Likely to Succeed

Most Handsome Draft Pick

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favorite: Tucker Kraft

Least: Carlson. I can understand drafting a kicker, but he seems like he sucks.

Immediate: Tucker Kraft

Long Term: Van Ness

Late Rounder: Johnson

Most Handsome: Van Ness. It’s the Dutch, they just make extremely good looking men.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Favorite Pick: Tucker Kraft, TE, SDST- Kraft was one of a handful of favorites of mine in this class. He's one of a very small number of guys in this class that I've seen live. I really believe in the athlete, player, and person. I believe he will have people wondering how he was still on the board in the 3rd round.

Least Favorite Pick: Anders Carlson, K, AUB- I'm not opposed to drafting a kicker if a good one is on the board, but as I look through Carlson's college career, he doesn't seem remotely draftable. I would guess he will be easy for a camp leg to beat out, and hence be a wasted pick.

Most Immediate Impact: Jayden Reed, WR, MSU- I would guess it would be one of the day 2 pass catchers. Tight ends tend to take a little bit longer to develop, but given that Reed's calling card is his refinement, I could see him helping a lot from the slot right away, plus as a punt returner.

Most Long-Term Impact: Lukas Van Ness, ED, IA- Van Ness is young and in need of development, but he's an elite athlete who should, in time, turn into a really dangerous pass rusher.

Round 6-7 Most Likely to Succeed: Carrington Valentine, CB, UK- Valentine is only 21 years old and based on what you read, most of his issues are correctable (if he has the aptitude to learn). He has the tools to excel in the NFL.

Most Handsome Draft Pick: Luke Musgrave, TE, ORST- Look at that hair. The "I tried to make it look like I'm not trying" look really works for some guys.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favorite Pick: Kraft I like that his draft party appeared to be in a tractor shed, he turned down 6 figures to play at Alabama, and is said by coaches to be a leader and very hard worker. Extremely gifted and that character - I think he is the safest pick.

Least Favorite Pick: Carlson Coming off an injury, was it necessary?

Most Immediate Impact: Musgravemore a comment on our TE group than anything.

Most Long-Term Impact: LVN fun to see our front 7 going forward, especially when Gary gets back.

Round 6-7 Most Likely to SucceedBrooks. Pundits on ESPN said he had a 3rd round grade and just dominated. Also mention Johnson as he has some impressive stats and Chris Collinsworth had him in the 1st round.

Most Handsome Draft Pick?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favorite Pick: this is tough…I will Anthony Johnson Jr. This young man I had tabbed as a near Day 2 type. Mix in his years of experience, high high athletic profile - you tell me week 1 this man is starting I wouldn’t be as shocked as one should be for a seventh.

Least Favorite Pick: Anders. I have said it was nice getting one of the best kickers BUT I just struggle drafting kickers unless I think they’re gonna be one of the best of his time in the NFL. I think he is good but not that good.

Most Immediate Impact:
I gotta go Reed. I see him arguably the most talented with the widest pathway ahead of him to see a lot of snaps and special team moments. Musgrave almost got this nod, but I still sadly think Deguara and Davis are going to go into camp with the top two TE snap roles for them to lose…I suspect by mid season Musgrave will for sure be a nearly all downs type possibly.

Most Long-Term Impact: LVN is the easy answer. I however will buck the east and say Valentine - dude is so young, oober athletic, and I think worst case this man will be the Jarret Bush of the DB room. Don’t be shocked if he is in GB longer than Stokes is…I’m that high on what he might become.

Round 6-7 Most Likely to Succeed Reed is the answer here as well to me because of everything I’ve said before. Need is there, skills is there and if he can be the slot YAC type guy there is a role for such a guy now and well into the future of the league and team too.

Most Handsome Draft Pick Musgrave for sure

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure which is more blatantly false between Reed being 6-7 round pick or that someone would actually prefer cutting their arm off.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure which is more blatantly false between Reed being 6-7 round pick or that someone would actually prefer cutting their arm off.

Where is this cutting arm at reference at? I missed it?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Favorite: Tucker Kraft

Least: Carlson. I can understand drafting a kicker, but he seems like he sucks.

Immediate: Tucker Kraft

Long Term: Van Ness

Late Rounder: Johnson

Most Handsome: Van Ness. It’s the Dutch, they just make extremely good looking men.
Thank you. If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Favorite Pick:
Karl Brooks, losing 2 guys (Reed and Lowry) was creating a huge need. I love the production this guy had in college, and he looks like he could be a steal in the 6th rd.

Least Favorite Pick
In the famous words of Peyton Manning " Our drunken kicker"

Most Immediate Impact: As in, 2023.
Reed, I think he comes in and starts, plus takes over PR duties

Most Long-Term Impact: Entire projected career.
Van Ness, I just feel his potential isn't fully tapped, and the sky is the limit.

Brooks, see above

Most Handsome Draft Pick
I'll ask my wife and get back to you edit: she said Jayden Reed

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Pick: Tucker Kraft. He’s a top 65 selection at #78 and his potential is back of Day1 in a redraft in 3 years.

Least Favorite Pick Anders Carlson
He has the worst efficiency past 29 yards of every Kicker Drafted in the last 5 seasons (12 Kickers) This is a Priority UDFA level guy at best.
I can’t believe we wasted a 6th Round selection.
Most Immediate Impact:
WR Reed. I had him as a 3rd Rounder, but after watching his footwork? He looks like a poor Man’s “Mercury” Morris (that is a compliment to one of the fastest to ever play) His ability to change direction is elite. Obviously he doesn’t have the pure speed/power that Morris had, but he moves very similar and he’s plenty fast. YAC

2023.Most Long-Term Impact: Lukas Van Ness
If he ramps up to potential? He’s a Probowl level guy by his 3rd season and could very well be a CM3 type impact (not on a Rookie tear like Clay). Controversial move going Defense, but Good GM’s stick to their guns (especially when they know Marvin Harrison Jr. will be a Packer next year) ;)

Anthony Johnson Jr.
he’s an Honorable Mention Frosh,Soph,Junior, and 2nd-Team All-Big 12 after making a position switch as a Senior. Most consistent and reliable (Cyclones School record 54 Starts) spells very high floor

TACKLING:77%
RUN DEFENSE:77%
COVERAGE:77%
ZONE:77%
MAN/PRESS:77%

Most Handsome Draft Pick
Cmon. We all know it’s Hercules.
Apparently just being around the guy turns you ;)beautiful

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite: Tucker Craft
Least Favorite: Anders
Most Immediate Impact: Close between Kraft and Reed, but I am going with Jayden Reed.
Most Long-Term Impact: Close between Musgrave and Van Ness, but I am going with Lucas Van Ness
Round 6-7 Most Likely to Succeed: Brooks

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Anthony Johnson Jr.
he’s an Honorable Mention Frosh,Soph,Junior, and 2nd-Team All-Big 12 after making a position switch as a Senior. Most consistent and reliable (Cyclones School record 54 Starts) spells very high floor

TACKLING:77%
RUN DEFENSE:77%
COVERAGE:77%
ZONE:77%
MAN/PRESS:77%
Look at all those 7's He has to be lucky, or the Packers are lucky to have him... hopefully both are true, and he has an excellent career in Green Bay

D

Deleted member 6794

Least Favorite Pick: Anders Carlson, K, AUB- I'm not opposed to drafting a kicker if a good one is on the board, but as I look through Carlson's college career, he doesn't seem remotely draftable. I would guess he will be easy for a camp leg to beat out, and hence be a wasted pick.

Least Favorite Pick Anders Carlson
He has the worst efficiency past 29 yards of every Kicker Drafted in the last 5 seasons (12 Kickers) This is a Priority UDFA level guy at best.
I can’t believe we wasted a 6th Round selection.

I don't like the selection of Carlsen either but it seems the Packers believe they will be able to have him return to his performance in 2020 when he made 20 out of 22 field goals.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently out of all draftees in the 2023 draft, GB has three of the top 15 leading receivers in yards...just crazy

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Few Rookie Stats at this point:

Tight Ends:

WRs:

DTs/DEs (two pictures due to size/length):

Reaction score
Wonderful grid, thanks!

Packer Rookie Wideouts have
828 yards 6 TD’s, which from a pure production standpoint is arguably the best of the teams drafting at WR with Vikings Jordan Addison and Tank Dell getting in the debate though.
Puka Nacua easily takes “BEST value”

Musgrave is the 3rd best producing TE. Sam Laporta is turning heads early on.

DL, Dante Stills from Arizona jumps off the page. What a steal. Our own Karl Brooks isn’t far behind him though.

This is obviously a year to push new players. I can’t remember a season in which we had such early, broad production across position groups and draft placing.

Honorable mention Rookies are both CB Valentine and Safety Anthony Johnson. Both of those players in early evaluation look fantastic. As I posted above Anthony Johnson was the epitome of a consistent player in college. He’s not masterful at anything, but his consistency is noticeable on the field, he reminds me of a young Amos

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
This years draft class has made some decent contributions when given their opportunities.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts