Dr. Z - Did Favre **** in your cheerio's?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I swear, someplace along the line Favre must have dated Z's daughter or something to that nature. A flaming Packer hater... Even in winning he still slaps around the franchise with is sarcastic pen. Putz!

In Green Bay it was another story, a snowy one. I'm not saying that Brett Favre would have been anything less than magnificent on a dry field, but the Seahawks came in fresh from a contest in which they rushed and blitzed the Redskins into oblivion. That was their game and they'd gotten good at it. So what happened? Gathering snow and a slippery surface. Rushers can't rush when it's slippery, blitzers can't blitz. Favre completed 18 of 23 passes against the 'Hawks, but they had another thing to contend with, the cutback running of Ryan Grant.

This is a young guy, 224 pounds with great stamina and balance. He killed the Seahawks on those cutbacks. Stretch the front side, cut back weak. The defensive guys flow to the ball, and when they have to change direction for the cutback, they slip in the snow. There was a lot more to this game, of course, but this was a big part of it.

Snow is predicted for Green Bay. Good for the Packers, bad for the Giants. Some teams are more skilled in operating in it.

"It's the same for both teams," New York coach Tom Coughlin said, which is like a guy watching someone fighting a shark and saying, "Well, it's wet for both of them."

The teams met in the second week of the season. Green Bay won, 35-13, but it was a one-point game for three quarters. Then Favre put together three touchdown drives in the fourth quarter. It was the dawning of a new era for him, which could be labeled, his "short and accurate career." He threw underneath. He completed his first 14 passes of the second half, and he went 29 for 38 on the day. The 76 percentage was his highest in his last 28 games, at the time.

That's what the Giants have to contend with Sunday, plus the now-serious Packer ground game.

But their own Eli Manning has become a careful, take-what-they-give-you quarterback these days, especially in the postseason. They have plenty of weapons of their own, including a very effective big guy-fast guy running back tandem of Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw. The latter looks too good to be true. He's got Tiki Barber moves, plus more power than his size would suggest, and against Tampa Bay and Dallas, he was more effective than the big guy. The question is: Will the Giants make him the focus of their attack? He's a rookie, don't forget.

Well, the Giants have real heart now, and they're playing with the type of confidence that nine straight road wins have produced. I think they'll give the Pack a spirited battle. GREEN BAY 31, NEW YORK 26

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
he says pack will win?

The snow worked to the Packers advantage just as the wind did for Chicago..

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The idiot mentions how the Seahawks couldnt run because of the snow but mentions that Grant ran great. make up your mind Dr. Z.

He did mention the giants backup rb bradshaw. Guy looks really good.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
he says pack will win?

The snow worked to the Packers advantage just as the wind did for Chicago..

Hmmm I guess the Packers played on the dry portion of the field ;) .. we got pass rush and pressure in the horrible conditions, didn't we?

It is not just this attempt to derail the success of the Packers, it is his history of making excuses for the opposition when the Packers win. Yet if we lose.. he has only one target.. he is a ****head. IMO.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
He did mention the giants backup rb bradshaw. Guy looks really good.

Yes he did.. the Packers I am sure seen it as well.. it is a bigger threat than Jacobs IMO.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope that wasn't taken from a legitimate article in a newspaper. I think if that guy said that around most NFL analysts they would laugh at him.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What???

The Seahawks couldn't move the ball even when the field wasn't covered in snow, they scored two easy TDs because WE gave them a short field. They never played good in that game, they never moved the ball efficient.

Brett Favre and Ryan Grant torched the Seahawks except the two first drives.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly, this is what I've come to expect from Dr. Z., who is a good writer for the most part, but has become cranky in his old age.

It's funny how quickly people like him have forgotten that last year the Seahawks beat the Packers ON A SNOWY FIELD.

Could it be that the Packers are a better team this year than they were last year, Dr. Z? Maybe, just maybe?

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Dr.Z may be a decent writer but for anyone who gets SI they know a monkey would be more accurate at predicting games then him

I think he should listen to the flaming refhead more often.. she seems to be more knowledgeable about the game than he. :razz:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay won, 35-13, but it was a one-point game for three quarters.

This is the stupidest sentence in the whole article. I hate it when these idiot writers spew out nonsense like this.

Yes it was a 1 point game for 3 quarters; AND THEY STILL LOST BY 20+ POINTS!!!

Give me a break. It's like saying Dallas had a chance vs NE because "Well, they were leading 24-21 in the 3rd!" Yes, and they still got their faces kicked in.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how Ryan Grant can cut back in the snow but the Seattle defenders "flowing to the ball" (aka over-pursuing) can't cutback to tackle him. Had it been dry sure Seattle would've been to Ryan's holes quicker... but Mr. Grant would have been through them quicker too. It's one of the most pathetic and inconsistent arguments I've heard in about a month (ironically that's how long it's been since I've heard Skip Bayliss speak).

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dr. Z - Did Favre **** in your cheerio's?

NO, but the popcorn he has been eating has been pisssed in... Film at 11!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, getting serious...

I don't know what Dr. Z is trying to say. I thought the Seahawks, particularly on defense played extremely well. Afterall, they held the Packers juggernaut to only 42 points...

Granted, they gave up a few big runs to Ryan Grant... Also, I couldn't believe that the Seahawks offense scored as many points as they did... THAT came as a shocker.

DR. Z seems to be an Equal opportunity hater. Disrespecting the efforts of BOTH teams.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This idiot knows that the Giants also play in the cold right? Bradshaw played pretty damn good against the Cowboys, and will be a challenge for our run blockers.

I don't know who this idiot thinks he is, but most pros will tell you that playing in the rain is a lot harder than the snow and Seattle is known just a little bit for its rainy conditions.

I feel my IQ dropping after reading that crap.

Members online

Latest posts