Donte Moncrief.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if everyone else is going to put up their favorite prospects, I'll put up one of mine.

At 6'2" 220lbs this guy is a tank. This guy has the tools, but I like to see him be more physical.

Discuss.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well if everyone else is going to put up their favorite prospects, I'll put up one of mine.

At 6'2" 220lbs this guy is a tank. This guy has the tools, but I like to see him be more physical.

Discuss.

I like Moncrief, but I don´t think he´ll be there for our second round pick. He would be a reach in the first.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks good.
Might be a bit too over-the-top for us. Look at our WRs, Jordy, Jones (gone I know), Cobb, Boykin... we seem to avoid the super demonstrative, possible prima-dona types.
Maybe this is all just college passion for Moncrief, don't know.

I do know TT has a way of avoiding adding locker room distractions and has done a great job at that position, which often has those me-first, look-at-me type of guys.

Let's take a look at some highlights of this prospect:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

He looks good.
Might be a bit too over-the-top for us. Look at our WRs, Jordy, Jones (gone I know), Cobb, Boykin... we seem to avoid the super demonstrative, possible prima-dona types.

I do know TT has a way of avoiding adding locker room distractions and has done a great job at that position, which often has those me-first, look-at-me type of guys.

Not sure it´s a fair to assume he would be a locker room distraction. The Packers were able to keep Finley in check for most of the time, don´t think Moncrief would be any worse.

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks good.

Let's take a look at some highlights of this prospect:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ya I mean there have been some rumblings that he might be a "all about me" person, but he's no where as bad as what Ebron has been said to be. I don't know about you, but I'd welcome Ebron.

He does need work on his route running, but the hands and athletic ability are undeniable with Moncrief. I don't think he'll go in the first, but most likely early second.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure it´s a fair to assume he would be a locker room distraction. The Packers were able to keep Finley in check for most of the time, don´t think Moncrief would be any worse.
None of us know.
That's up the the homework, background checks for Thompson, the scouts, etc.
I just know we typically have receivers (TE J-Mike notwithstanding), who tend to hand the ball to the ref after they score (Jordy, Cobb), or even get down on a knee and give thanks to God (Jones, Jennings).

Driver was "excitable" though, which I personally loved.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still like Davonte Adams more.
Saw him in a national mock yesterday late first round.

D

Deleted member 6794

None of us know.
That's up the the homework, background checks for Thompson, the scouts, etc.
I just know we typically have receivers (TE J-Mike notwithstanding), who tend to hand the ball to the ref after they score (Jordy, Cobb), or even get down on a knee and give thanks to God (Jones, Jennings).

Driver was "excitable" though, which I personally loved.

I don´t have a problem with a guy celebrating after a TD. Don´t want to see someone do it after an 8-yard catch on 3rd-and-10 or when we´re down by some scores though.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but Bostick weighed 243 pounds coming out of college, which is actually still light for a TE. Moncrief is 221.

What about 40 times? Are they comparable? Just asking because I'm wondering if this guy is going to end up like whatever that kids name was that we picked up last year who had a problem when some team wanted to line him up at TE because he wanted to stay as a WR. I can't think of his name for some reason. He bounced around a few teams and was drafted but never stuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

What about 40 times? Are they comparable? Just asking because I'm wondering if this guy is going to end up like whatever that kids name was that we picked up last year who had a problem when some team wanted to line him up at TE because he wanted to stay as a WR. I can't think of his name for some reason. He bounced around a few teams and was drafted but never stuck.

Bostick ran a 4.59 at his pro day, Moncrief was timed in 4.40. Are you talking about Chris Harper???

H

HardRightEdge

[quote="captainWIMM, post: 552393, member: 6794"Are you talking about Chris Harper???[/quote]

Could have easily said "Tori Gurley". Moncrief is not those guys.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="captainWIMM, post: 552393, member: 6794"Are you talking about Chris Harper???

Could have easily said "Tori Gurley". Moncrief is not those guys.[/quote]

Who would you compare him to. Established nfl receiver wise

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harper's not big enough to play TE either. Have to agree with HRE though that Moncrief is a different kind of player.

I'm not really trying to state an opinion.. I just don't know much about moncrief. I'm just asking questions.

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the comparison to Josh Gordon isn't too far off. He isn't as tall, but he's got similar speed and an amazing vertical.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not really trying to state an opinion.. I just don't know much about moncrief. I'm just asking questions.

Moncrief can stretch the field vertically, is capable of creating space in tight coverage, has outstanding leaping ability and can make the first tackler miss. He won´t turn 21 until August and could still develop into a better player. IMO the guy could be a steal in the second round, don´t think though he´ll make it to #53.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI, the guy we lost & must replace, James Jones, is 6-1, 208.
Jones ran his 40 at the combine at 4.60.

Davante Adams is 6-1, 212.
He ran his in 4.56.
Just saying.

Brandin Cooks, Oregon St. - 4.33 (4.30 u)
John Brown, Pittsburg St. (KS) - 4.34 (4.30 u)
Donte Moncrief, Mississippi - 4.40 (4.35 u)
Paul Richardson, Colorado 4.40 - (4.35 u)
Martavis Bryant, Clemson - 4.42 (4.34 u)
Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley St. - 4.42 (4.30 u)
Odell Beckham, LSU 4.43 (4.31 u)
Sammy Watkins, Clemson - 4.43 (4.34 u)
Albert Wilson, Georgia State - 4.43 (4.35 u)
Jalen Saunders, Oklahoma - 4.44 (4.41 u)
Bruce Ellington, South Carolina - 4.45 (4.31 u)
Quincy Enunwa, Nebraska - 4.45 (4.40 u)
Mike Campanaro, Wake Forest - 4.46 (4.44 u)
Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt - 4.46 (4.40 u)
Tevin Reese, Baylor - 4.46 (4.40 u)
L'Damian Washington, Missouri 4.46 (4.43 u)
Robert Herron, Wyoming 4.48 (4.45 u)
T.J. Jones, Notre Dame 4.48 (4.40 u)
Kevin Norwood, Alabama - 4.48 (4.39 u)
Jeremy Gallon, Michigan - 4.49 (4.42 u)
Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin - 4.50 (4.44 u)
Damian Copeland, Louisville - 4.50 (4.40 u)
Matt Hazel, Coastal Carolina - 4.50 (4.47 u)
Corey Brown, Ohio St. - 4.51 (4.37 u)
Shaq Evans, UCLA 4.51 (4.50 u)
Josh Huff, Oregon - 4.51 (4.45 u)
Bennie Fowler, Michigan St. - 4.52 (4.48 u)
Marqise Lee, USC - 4.52 (4.44 u)
Mike Evans, Texas A&M - 4.53 (4.47 u)
Allen Hurns, Miami - 4.55 (4.53 u)
Devin Street, Pittsburgh - 4.55 (4.47 u)
Davante Adams, Fresno St. - 4.56 (4.50 u)
Brandon Coleman, Rutgers - 4.56 (4.50 u)
Austin Franklin, New Mexico St. - 4.56 (4.53 u)
Isaiah Burse, Fresno St. - 4.58 (4.50 u)
Marcus Lucas, Missouri - 4.60 (4.52 u)
Allen Robinson, Penn St. - 4.60 (4.56 u)
Kelvin Benjamin, Florida St. - 4.61 (4.53 u)
Willie Snead, Ball St. - 4.62 (4.60 u)
Walt Powell, Murray St. - 4.63 (4.59 u)
Ryan Grant, Tulane - 4.64 (4.59 u)
Cody Hoffman, BYU - 4.65 (4.53 u)
Josh Stewart, Oklahoma St. - 4.69 (4.61 u)
Chris Boyd, Vanderbilt 4.73 (4.60 u)
Jarvis Landry, LSU 4.75 (4.65 u) - Skipped second run due to calf injury.
Kain Colter, Northwestern (-
Mike Davis, Texas (-
Cody Latimer, Indiana (-

*(u) Denotes unofficial

Staff online

Members online