1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Dontay Moch (DE, Nevada)

Discussion in '2011 Draft Archive' started by Chop0Suey, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Anyone else see this guys numbers? Leader in 40 yard dash, 10 yard split, broad jump, and vertical jump among DL and LBs.

Not sure if this guy would still be around at pick 32, but he looks like he could be a great addition to play opposite Matthews. Obviously footwork and coverage skills would need to be coached up, but I think our coaching staff is more than capable.

2. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    Yeah, he's a heck of an athlete. He was projected to go 2nd or 3rd round before, but he'll probably move up on the boards after his combine performance. I would love to have him. He was already one of the guys on my radar, but now it seems like we might not be able to get him at the end of the second round. I'm not so sure we should use our first round pick on him, although I wouldn't be upset if we did.

I know Jess will want some videos posted so here are a couple:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PT3GoRCKY8"]YouTube - Dontay Moch vs. Boise State[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gtsE4RxIt4&feature=related"]YouTube - Dontay Moch vs. Missouri ('09)[/ame]

It's good to see that he got some experience standing up and dropping back into coverage, even though he played DE. That should help make the transition to OLB go more smoothly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    You're a nice person. Thanks for the videos! :)

I used Nevada in my NCAA 11 dynasty and Moch was a damn beast. So, naturally, if he's good in that game we should take him. :p

Seriously, though, I wouldn't use a first on him, but I'd be willing to trade up in the 2nd for him.

4. Ausnadian

Ausnadian Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Just by watching the way he moves is so natural. He is a gifted athlete and if he has the brains too could be groomed into anything. There are a lot of good DE this year, so I think it depends on how many go early as to where he will land, somewhere in the 6-10th DE to be taken.

5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I predict he will be there at 64 when we pick.
    And I predict he will be there at 65 when the losers pick their 3rd rounder.

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Sports Radio 1250 out of Milwaukee specifically mentioned this guy today...

Odd that now we have this thread?

But they were reading from an article on him..I think was from Combine'11: Day 5 news and nuggets - NFC North Blog - ESPN

And said this could be a Al Davis or Ted pick because of the speed

7. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Okay, yeah, I wouldn't want them to spend a first on him either. However, I wouldn't mind them trading up a little to obtain more picks and snag this guy somewhere in the second.:smirk:

Definitely needs to improve footwork and hip flexibility as he fell down a few too many times in those videos for my liking...but really, as long as this guy's not dumber than a rock, and doesn't have any major character concerns, I can't imagine all 3-4 teams aren't drooling over this guy.

8. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    But I guess it all depends on who's still on the board. I suppose an equally talented OL may be preferable.

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679

How dare they put Ted in the same sentence as senile Al when it comes to the draft !!!

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Explosion? Great 10 yard split and vertical jump. CHECK
    Agility? Bad 3 cone drill. NO CHECK
    Ability to play in space? Bad drop drills. NO CHECK

Don't like the guy. Matthews had it all, that's why he was rated so high despite little playing time, and that's why he's been so good.

A pass rusher can't live just with explosion and power, he needs agility. And, playing OLB, he HAS to be able to drop in coverage, which he can't.

11. adogg6jmu

adogg6jmu Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0