Don't Panic!

packerbackerinin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I am new to this sight so I will keep this short and sweet. I think that there really is no need to panic this early on in the season. At this point teams are still building continuity, and that needs more than 4 weeks of preseason to build, or even 4 weeks of the reg. season. There is so much parody in this league that unproven backups can come in and hold down the fort when there are injuries until the regs. get back. Give the young guys a shot and I think a lot of times we will be surprised by what they can accomplish. We have Atlanta this week, and they have not been tearing it up by any means. This should give us a chance to regain some swagger. GO PACK GO!!!

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should get by Atlanta, but then the next 4 games will decide our season.

OP
OP
P

packerbackerinin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Atlanta could be a stepping stone if we can keep everyone healthy. I look for Grant to have a breakout game against these guys. Not to mention Atlanta's pass D is not very good so if Aaron is good to go (GOD WILLING) we should have a pretty good showing there as well.

grandtkd23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ATL should not be a problem for GB. As long as we can finally get Grant to run more that 1 yard per carry, and stop Turner from running all over us, we should have this one in the bag. Woodson is gonna tear apart Matt Ryan in this game!

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if defensively we approach this game similar to how we approached the Vikings game. Force Matt Ryan to win the game.

Then I think we should be alright.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, going to Turner:

Good back? Yes
Handful? Yes
Stoppable? Indeed.

Look at his splits. He racked up 200 against Detroit. His next game was 42 against Tampa, then put up 104 against KC, and finally 55 I think against Carolina. His big games were against two of the worst teams in the NFL. Granted the Packer's defense in the rush dept. looks mediocre stats wise it is because the offense cannot stay on it at points throughout the game. I understand Turner has had success against 2 teams, but before we start saying he has huge numbers lets look who it was against. If he is shut down, and they contain Norwood, who blows open big runs (similar to Jones-Barber in Dallas) they should win the game. Matt Ryan is a rookie, young and misses alot of passes.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerbackerinin said:
Hey Everyone. I am new to this sight so I will keep this short and sweet. I think that there really is no need to panic this early on in the season. At this point teams are still building continuity, and that needs more than 4 weeks of preseason to build, or even 4 weeks of the reg. season. There is so much parody in this league that unproven backups can come in and hold down the fort when there are injuries until the regs. get back. Give the young guys a shot and I think a lot of times we will be surprised by what they can accomplish. We have Atlanta this week, and they have not been tearing it up by any means. This should give us a chance to regain some swagger. GO PACK GO!!!

I think you mean Parity as in all teams on even ground not Parody a composition that imitates or misrepresents somebody's style, usually in a humorous way .

I hate to say it but that's bogus, there are only a few QBs in the league who are backups with enough experience to really fix problems. Trent green as good as he once was couldn't save Linehan's job.

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
we have to panic..
cuz TT is still the GM dontcha know

* end of sarcasm**

Nobody mentioned TT. Are you that defensive? Is he immune from criticism? Please let me know now, so I can leave this forum before I get too involved.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. :beer: And I agree; while its been a tough few weeks, there is a long way to go. We will turn this around.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBstock said:
longtimefan said:
we have to panic..

* end of sarcasm**

Nobody mentioned TT. Are you that defensive? Is he immune from criticism? Please let me know now, so I can leave this forum before I get too involved.

He's being sarcastic.....No, he's not immune from criticism, look around.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wischeez said:
GBstock said:
longtimefan said:
we have to panic..

* end of sarcasm**

He's being sarcastic.....No, he's not immune from criticism, look around.

I am okay with bashing him, not getting a vet q/b or decent lineman..have at it! not letting Brett stay have at it!

but it seems EVERY FREAKING POST has to do with how Tt made Brett leave town..

Just tired of hearing that in every post

so sorry for getting snippy on it

OP
OP
P

packerbackerinin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IronMan said:
Welcome to the forum. :beer: And I agree; while its been a tough few weeks, there is a long way to go. We will turn this around.
Thank you, and it is a long season, and truthfully the next couple of teams we play before the buy have not looked unbeatable. It's time for us to back this team and quit all the whining. GO PACK GO!!!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerbackerinin said:
IronMan said:
Thank you, and it is a long season, and truthfully the next couple of teams we play before the buy have not looked unbeatable. It's time for us to back this team and quit all the whining. GO PACK GO!!!
I agree. I am as guilty as any for being negative after a loss. But its time to kick some Falcon ***. 8)

Latest posts