Don't Panic Everyone.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sure, we lost a tough game today. Aaron got the concussion and the offense never really got in sync. But with New England thrashing the Bears right now, we are still in the thick of things. The guys will get things straightened out and we'll be in good shape for the final run.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can make the playoffs. But today was the first time I didnt feel we were a SB team.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
:icon_lol: Nothing's ever wrong with the Packers, is it?

Feel free to panic, everyone. Losing to Detroit with a game in New England and 2 games against potential playoff teams on the horizon is reason enough to panic. Oh, and our QB has a concussion.

Now's a perfect time to panic.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Croak!!! We certainly didn't play like ourselves today but that doesn't mean we won't next week! I'm sure the team is taking this a lot harder than we are and I hope it makes them madder than hell. I hope it makes them so mad they come out guns blazing the rest of this season and just stomp everyone. I have so much faith in this team and am very grateful to even be in a position to be worrying over winning the division and playoffs when our season could of been over in the first 4 games. Go Packers, we have faith!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can make the playoffs. But today was the first time I didnt feel we were a SB team.
I agree with this.

The season is not over.

But I don't the OL nor the RBs to provide any solutions to our running game.

And I don't trust MM to work around this flaw, with quick passes from the shotgun.

Even with no running game, we can still win it all, with the talent with have at QB, WR and D.

But we need to play accordingly, and I don't think MM can do it.

Wish I'm wrong.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'm not panicking, but solely because I'm happy with whatever our team makes out of this year, what with all of the injuries. Hell, if we make Flynn look good and maybe get a decent draft pick out of him, I'll be ecstatic.

However, I'm feeling pretty hopeless after a loss like that to the...Detroit Lions...only putting up 7 points.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who's panicking? OL taking a $hit + Rodgers taking himself out of the game = loss. If I'm coach, I'm telling Rodgers that he has reached a milestone in his career. I'd tell him his days of taking unnecessary risks running the ball is over. From now on, pick up the first down and SLIDE! No fighting for extra yards unless the game is on the line. 2 or 3 more of those and he's looking at early retirement.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
:icon_lol: Nothing's ever wrong with the Packers, is it?

Feel free to panic, everyone. Losing to Detroit with a game in New England and 2 games against potential playoff teams on the horizon is reason enough to panic. Oh, and our QB has a concussion.

Now's a perfect time to panic.

Sorry. I'd love to but it's just not in my nature to panic. Panic is never productive.

L

Lunchboxer

I dont know about you guys i think its a perfect time to panic.

We could only muster 3 points against the lion.

I hope the pack somehow wins against the pats

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PLAYOFFS!
whatchutalkin PLAYOFFS!?!?!
we cant even beat the damn Lions!
hahaha
your right though we do still have a good chance @ the wildcard or division.... The Pack need to sober up fast though and start playing up to their potential and the bears need to keep losing!

looks like this headcheese guy is going to have to work on some new blog posts because his last couple.....um lets just say... were a little off

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon man.
Sure Bears are getting thrashed but that's going to be us next week too rofl.
Seriously we will have to play our best game of the year to beat the Pats and da Bears will prob beat the J-E-T-S.
Final game vs Bears will be fun ;D

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Bears @ Vikes game is huge. Bears win, and we lose to Patriots, I believe they clinch division as they'll have one divisional loss, at most (We'd have two no matter what).

We'll see. We're definitely not out of it, but they need to make some adjustments on their OL. Also need Rodgers to be healthy.

Even if we don't make it, there in a good position for 2011 (if there isn't a lockout, anyway).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Bears @ Vikes game is huge. Bears win, and we lose to Patriots, I believe they clinch division as they'll have one divisional loss, at most (We'd have two no matter what).

We'll see. We're definitely not out of it, but they need to make some adjustments on their OL. Also need Rodgers to be healthy.

Even if we don't make it, there in a good position for 2011 (if there isn't a lockout, anyway).
If they don't make it, unfortunately, they won't be in a good position for 2011, because if we don't make it, it means that the head coach isn't good enough.

If the head coach isn't good enough, we'll need another one, and another playbook, the offense will have to learn another playbook...

Talent wise, I have no doubt we're in a great position. But coaching wise, on offense, we're not. I don't know if we can get accostumed to another playbook in only one year.

We, no matter what, need a new OL coach, and a new ST coach.

Even if we win the SB, those two HAVE to go.

Also do not have faith in the playcalling. We need a new OC, MM cannot keep playcalling duties.

I'm not feeling good right now.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sure, we lost a tough game today. Aaron got the concussion and the offense never really got in sync. But with New England thrashing the Bears right now, we are still in the thick of things. The guys will get things straightened out and we'll be in good shape for the final run.

Great now I have four people with a sense of reality, you, kitten, ivo610 and longtime fan.

Almost every one else wanted to shoot the QB, tar and feather the RBs, draw and quarter the O-Line and hang the coach.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great now I have four people with a sense of reality, you, kitten, ivo610 and longtime fan.

Almost every one else wanted to shoot the QB, tar and feather the RBs, draw and quarter the O-Line and hang the coach.

almost everyone on here seems to be a bit extreme reguardless of win or loss. I thought our RB was the next AP judging by the way people talked the past week.

But the team does need to take a good look at the offense. Jets game and this one shows some major issues. Not sure what exactly it is to be honest. But we need to fix the Oline. Suh ate it today.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least we have more to talk about than our kicker (who sucks), our power rankings, and how much national press we get?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ivo wants to trade our backup QB after one half. I'd say he's lost his sense of reality too :p

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

Wow, a loss now gets us to start calling each other stupid.

You'd think we were Vikings fans or something, bickering over 1 loss instead of discussing it.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wow, a loss now gets us to start calling each other stupid.

You'd think we were Vikings fans or something, bickering over 1 loss instead of discussing it.

I'm sorry you took it that way. I did not mean you...hadn't had chance to read any of your posts regarding the game. And after having time to read more posts, the majority of forum members are not ready to jump off a bridge. Peace friend.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'm sorry you took it that way. I did not mean you...hadn't had chance to read any of your posts regarding the game. And after having time to read more posts, the majority of forum members are not ready to jump off a bridge. Peace friend.
It's not about me, it's about calling other people out like that. Unless your aim was to praise the 4 you mentioned. Either way, our purpose here isn't to insult each other and call each other out, no matter how much we disagree with one another. Maybe it would be wise to reserve your opinions of others on the board.

I think sometimes people forget that we're all fans of the same team and no matter how radical our opinions are about the team, we all have the same interest in mind.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It's not about me, it's about calling other people out like that. Unless your aim was to praise the 4 you mentioned. Either way, our purpose here isn't to insult each other and call each other out, no matter how much we disagree with one another. Maybe it would be wise to reserve your opinions of others on the board.

I think sometimes people forget that we're all fans of the same team and no matter how radical our opinions are about the team, we all have the same interest in mind.

Awesome, awesome post. Unfortunately I can only click the Awesome button once.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Don't panic", that is the stinking problem, they never panic, panic isn't always a bad thing, how about playing with some urgency...this team acts like it has won something already...not that having won something would justify today's performance but it is the same story today. Horrible game plan, was anyone on that staff paying attention to what the Pats, specifically Brady did to the Lions on Thanksgiving. This was the first game all season that I saw the Pack stick with the run early(running 2 times in a row several times early in the game) and I know the Lions defense ranks in the bottom 1/4 of the league vs. the run. However, I just get the sense the mad genius McCarthy decided to use this game to work on the run game, almost like a preseason game...well its too late for that...that is something that should have been established a long time ago and I believe his lack luster attitude affected the players and helped to cause them to sleep walk through this game. I am conflicted about McCarthy as I recognize him for a pretty good coach but this pattern of losing to teams he should not lose to at the most inopportune time is disturbing. I think he needs to understand he is coaching for his job if not the next three games certainly next year...

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't expect us to go undefeated this year so I can get behind losing a few games. What was particularly hard about this game was the fact that we were playing a 2 win team in a must win game for us and we lost and only scored 3 points.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts