Don't Overlook the Packers

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to play a lot better than we did vs Minny 3 weeks ago if we are to beat the Vikings in Minny in 5 days.
They should have beaten us, but Ponder was just atrocious, and made the biggest mistakes in the end zone with the stupid Int in the end zone, and another costly Int. Despite that, they almost beat us in Green Bay. We have to play better. And I expect us to.

If we do, take care of business, we are going to be hosting the San Francisco 49ers on January 12th or 13th after having a bye, while the 3-4-5-6 seeds play each other and half die, and the other half move on to Atlanta and Green Bay.

So we (probably) will have to play a physical, grind it out 49er team, with their front 7 on defense that gave us fits (with Bulaga at RT) in week one.

Can we beat the physical 49ers and then go to Atlanta and beat them there again?
That was a beat down for us in 2010, but it was close until the end of the 1st half when Tramon had an Int in the end zone to save one TD for them, then the other Int right before half ended to stop them from getting 3 points, and taking it back for 7 points for us.

After that, we crushed them.
But there are few repeats, as we learned vs the Giants last season.
I believe McCarthy is planning on saving our biggest RB James Starks for the expected-physical game against the 49ers.

I have full faith in our team being able to beat San Francisco. But to do that, you need to negate Alden Smith, as Seattle did with Russell Okung at LT. I worry about Newhouse though... he's far from Okung.

Members online

Latest posts