dont know where to put this...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I click on a thread that I have been watching; why wont it just go to the last unread message? I have tried looking all over the site and cant find it. It is frustrating to have to find the last thread I read each time I go to see new messages.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The little dot to the left of the thread title

This usually doesn't work for me. Sometimes it will take me to the last page sometimes not but I usually have to click the "go to first unread" button after the pages. I've given up trying to figure out why.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If you go into your own profile and click on "preferences" a window will open up with a bunch of tick boxes. If you tick the first box (and save), you will receive alerts on the main page of the forum when there are new posts to threads that you have participated in. If you click on that alert, it will open the thread and start you at the first thread posted since you last had the thread open. You can also tick the 2nd box if you want alerts sent to your email account that you signed up with.

You can also find "Alert Preferences" in your profile. That section includes even more options.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta say...it sucks! It used to work great. Have no idea what happened but it is a pita to locate the last thread when it is a long discussion.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So if you go to the last page of a thread, are you seeing a little green label at the top right corner of posts that says "New"?

For me, any new postings since I last looked at a thread have that attached to them. Very easy way to track what I have and haven't read.

Teresa McGhee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good tip. Me being a newbie, I find this very helpful.
If you go into your own profile and click on "preferences" a window will open up with a bunch of tick boxes. If you tick the first box (and save), you will receive alerts on the main page of the forum when there are new posts to threads that you have participated in. If you click on that alert, it will open the thread and start you at the first thread posted since you last had the thread open. You can also tick the 2nd box if you want alerts sent to your email account that you signed up with.

You can also find "Alert Preferences" in your profile. That section includes even more options.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So if you go to the last page of a thread, are you seeing a little green label at the top right corner of posts that says "New"?

For me, any new postings since I last looked at a thread have that attached to them. Very easy way to track what I have and haven't read.

Definately moderator material :whistling::laugh:

Ken smith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m kinda new here, but I also noticed the threads pop up from oldest to newest comments. Sometimes I read three pages before I squint and see that I’m reading from 2012. Then it’s an easy fix to simply click to the last page except then I gotta start clicking back to find the origins of the current threads. Not rocket science for me to get right, but it catches me sometimes. Thanks.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m kinda new here, but I also noticed the threads pop up from oldest to newest comments. Sometimes I read three pages before I squint and see that I’m reading from 2012. Then it’s an easy fix to simply click to the last page except then I gotta start clicking back to find the origins of the current threads. Not rocket science for me to get right, but it catches me sometimes. Thanks.

That shouldn't be happening. Mine display newest to oldest based on the time stamp of the last post in the thread. I don't see how to change the order. There are a few stickies from way back that sit on top of every forum. Is that what you see? Do a "mark all threads read" and see what that does for you.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

A H F C D
U Y M B
X A M G
L Y T N

Can you read the top line ?? :p