longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
cheesey said:
"Thou shalt not covet thy rival's Quarterback!!!"
2nd condominiums, 555-4003, extension 12

HA!

However, since Favre is old and his skills have diminished greatly, he is now only an eighthback :thumbsup:
And that would make Tavarious (or however it's spelled) Jackson a "Pennyback???" :rotflmao:

Pennyback??

How much was he worth before LOL

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
vikesrule said:
cheesey said:

HA!

However, since Favre is old and his skills have diminished greatly, he is now only an eighthback :thumbsup:
And that would make Tavarious (or however it's spelled) Jackson a "Pennyback???" :rotflmao:

Pennyback??

Well Chilly thought he was worth trading up for in the second round last year!! :rotflmao:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard this on channel 4 (WTMJ) out of Milwaukee on the news last night(Tuesday)
They said that Brett Favre called MM and told him this is his last year with the Packers, because he doesn't care for TT. They said that Favre said he will either retire at the end of the season, or if he has a good year he wants to be traded.
Now......i have NO idea how they got this info. I can't see MM telling ANYONE if he got this kind of call from Favre.
This was on the Milwaukee Journal TV station, so I don't know WHY they would throw this out unless they had some GREAT inside source.
I'm JUST "reporting" what i heard..........i don't know WHAT to believe anymore.

Surely Cheesey, you dont believe what you have heard, dont expect us to believe it neither. Where does this station get this news? PFT? Thats a line of bull right there. Maybe Brett's getting kind of disgruntled. lets bring out the lynch mobs.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre just went out of his way to come out and say he doesn't want to be traded and wants to retire a Packer.

This STORY is 180 degrees off base from a written statement by the man himself.

Until he comes out himself and says he means this vs. that I'm not buying it.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
vikesrule said:
cheesey said:

HA!

Pennyback??

NOTHING!!!! The Vikings had NO "CENTS!" LOLOLOL!!! (Thanks for the set up LT!!!) :rotflmao:

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I heard this on channel 4 (WTMJ) out of Milwaukee on the news last night(Tuesday)
They said that Brett Favre called MM and told him this is his last year with the Packers, because he doesn't care for TT. They said that Favre said he will either retire at the end of the season, or if he has a good year he wants to be traded.
Now......i have NO idea how they got this info. I can't see MM telling ANYONE if he got this kind of call from Favre.
This was on the Milwaukee Journal TV station, so I don't know WHY they would throw this out unless they had some GREAT inside source.
I'm JUST "reporting" what i heard..........i don't know WHAT to believe anymore.

Surely Cheesey, you dont believe what you have heard, dont expect us to believe it neither. Where does this station get this news? PFT? Thats a line of bull right there. Maybe Brett's getting kind of disgruntled. lets bring out the lynch mobs.
Thats just it PC.......it's channel 4, NBC, out of Milwaukee. It's the station that owns the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel newspaper. It's not some run of the mill small time station. Thats what surprised me. JSONLINE is their web site.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
cheesey said:

Thats just it PC.......it's channel 4, NBC, out of Milwaukee. It's the station that owns the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel newspaper. It's not some run of the mill small time station. Thats what surprised me. JSONLINE is their web site.

WTMJ tv is one of the oldest tv stations in Milwaukee...It is part of the Packers flag ship station, along with the Brewers, and Bucks..

If they reported it, they had to hear it and investigate it at least some what..I HIGHLY doubt they would report something unless they had other confirmations

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.620wtmj.com/_content/sports/billmichaels/index.asp

Look under "Final 4".

According to 2 separate sources, their opinion is that if Favre plays well this season (2007) then he’ll return for another year but it will NOT be with the Green Bay Packers. If Favre doesn’t play up to his own expectations, he’ll walk away from the game, to his tractor in Hattiesburg and ultimately to that anticipated day when he slips on that gold jacket and unveils his bronze bust on the historic stage in Canton.
Enjoy this year Packers fans, this appears to truly be Favre’s last hurrah. Question, if the Packers finish the 2007 campaign 11-5 and play deep in to January, would that convince #4 to don the green and gold once again? We’ll have to wait and see.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to worry...Favre will NOT retire before he has all those records he wants. They would be a big part of his legacy. Frankly, I hope this rumor is true because it might move MM to use Rodgers a bit more this year. He needs to make use of all that knowledge(?) he's gained holding the clipboard. MM & TT really need to know what Favre's plans are so they can plan for the future. If this is just another rumor, I'm surprised WTMJ TV would mention it.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look under "Final 4".

According to 2 separate sources, their opinion is that if Favre plays well this season (2007) then he’ll return for another year but it will NOT be with the Green Bay Packers. If Favre doesn’t play up to his own expectations, he’ll walk away from the game, to his tractor in Hattiesburg and ultimately to that anticipated day when he slips on that gold jacket and unveils his bronze bust on the historic stage in Canton.
Enjoy this year Packers fans, this appears to truly be Favre’s last hurrah. Question, if the Packers finish the 2007 campaign 11-5 and play deep in to January, would that convince #4 to don the green and gold once again? We’ll have to wait and see.
Yup....thats pretty much what i heard. Now i have to figure out what i want......either way, it's seems he will be gone after this season. So......should i want him to do well, and then play somewhere else? Or should i really be selfish and hope they do bad so that he retires as one of "us"?

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he plays well, and wants to play elsewhere, does he demand a trade? Or ask the team to release him? Because its not like he's a FA....

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'd ask to be released. But i can see them trying to trade to get something for him. Of course its all just speculation. Alot could change between now and then.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if there is any truth to this story. I heard it too, but I'll say this much. If Brett feels that way than he may as well just retire now. It is obvious that there is trouble in Packerland that I haven't seen since Forrest Gregg was the Coach/gm. Jones had better sit down with his GM and figure out just what the hell is going on in title town. It's obvious he's not communicating with Brett. Jones should also sit down with Brett and tell him to shut the hell up and play the damn game and stop playing games. He should tell him if he wants to retire, then retire now. Then he should tell both of them that they either fix what is wrong between them or they're both gone. End of discussion. Someone has to take control in Green Bay. This is the most sickening display I've seen since Gregg's time in Green Bay.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
What if Tom Brady gets a torn ACL early in the season. Think the Packers swing a trade to the Patriots?

Here lies the issue... whom could take on the 11 million dollar contract? Patriots can't have that much room left... unless the take the Bronco way of cap management ;)
They put Brady on IR and Brett restructures to Brady's salary to win a title.

Not like that trade would ever happen, though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Chevelle2 said:

Look under "Final 4".

Yup....thats pretty much what i heard. Now i have to figure out what i want......either way, it's seems he will be gone after this season. So......should i want him to do well, and then play somewhere else? Or should i really be selfish and hope they do bad so that he retires as one of "us"?

Maybe this has something to do with Brett coming to camp now..

Talk to Ted and Mike and inform them personally he is done after this year??????????

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sounds pretty normal. He has said a number of times he wants to retire a Packer, so I honestly see him retiring unless we are a playoff team. I don't much buy into that part of it. We've been lucky to have these last few years with him. Remember how close he was to retiring two years ago and just enjoying his life and family? It's gonna happen one of these years anyway. There is no point in placing blame on someone or something not happening. It's pretty much just his time in 2008 or 2009.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Chevelle2 said:

Look under "Final 4".

Talk to Ted and Mike and inform them personally he is done after this year??????????
Did you hear something to that effect from "inside sources" LT?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
Chevelle2 said:

Look under "Final 4".

not at all, just something I was thinking out loud about

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:
Chevelle2 said:

Look under "Final 4".

However, he is going to speak to the media about the whole situation to clear the air

Members online

Latest posts