Don't kill the messenger

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was driving home from the YMCA this morning and on "Mike and Mike" on ESPN they were talking who could get cut if no CBA is struck by Friday.

One name: Brett Favre.

Took me aback, but apparently the Packers, though well below the cap, might shed the contract to have as much space as possible to sign as many players as possible before 2007 goes uncapped.

Again, I'm just the relay person, throw daggers elsewhere.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That just goes to show you how out of touch some of these national media "glamor boys" are. Mike Golic used to know football before he became part of the "National Enquirer" media. It must be where the money is. I can't even stand to listen to these sellouts. As for Mike Greenberg?, I don't think he ever played a sport in his life. How he became an "expert" is way beyond me.

If TT ever cut Favre he would have to enter the federal witness protection program.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes but here is a different issue IF there is no CBA agreement the TT should look for the future of the franchise, I am not at all in favour of cutting Brett I am just mentioning the facts, and the facs are that it is not TT´s fault that no CBA agreement is done and I feel that an uncaped NFL will be very bad.

Just look at baseball, look at soccer everywhere all soccer leagues around the world have 2 or 3 teams that win the league every year and 17 or 18 others that just "enter the competition", it will be very bad also for the mayority of players no minimums, etc...

Bad thing, bad thing.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the players can allow for this course of action is amazing. The league will basically become an exagerated version of what it already is.....a very few players eating all the money up with most playing for table scraps.

Unbelieveable!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they will have to get it fixed before the 2007 season. It's still a year away. Alot can happen before then.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
That just goes to show you how out of touch some of these national media "glamor boys" are. Mike Golic used to know football before he became part of the "National Enquirer" media. It must be where the money is. I can't even stand to listen to these sellouts. As for Mike Greenberg?, I don't think he ever played a sport in his life. How he became an "expert" is way beyond me.

If TT ever cut Favre he would have to enter the federal witness protection program.

Golic and Greenberg didn't make the list, they just reported it.

This will be another factor in the "just sit and wait" Brett Favre saga.

Make no mistake, this whole situation will have an earth shaking effect on the NFL. In the short run the Green Bay Packers are in good shape.
In the long run, not having an owner with deep pockets will definitely put us back in the 70's.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Yes but here is a different issue IF there is no CBA agreement the TT should look for the future of the franchise, I am not at all in favour of cutting Brett I am just mentioning the facts, and the facs are that it is not TT´s fault that no CBA agreement is done and I feel that an uncaped NFL will be very bad.

Just look at baseball, look at soccer everywhere all soccer leagues around the world have 2 or 3 teams that win the league every year and 17 or 18 others that just "enter the competition", it will be very bad also for the mayority of players no minimums, etc...

Bad thing, bad thing.

I'm sorry but I cannot agree with the look to the future concept. If it were a known fact that there will be no cap in '07 TT should go out and load up as much as he can, put the best team possible on the field next year, and go for all the marbles. Next year is the future for the Pack if no CBA is in affect after '06. Period.

After next year, with no cap, if in fact that happens, the Pack and many other teams will be left in the dust by the big money owners and big market teams.
That ***** in Dallas should be run out of the league for this.

Members online

Latest posts