1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't forget about DeShawn Wynn

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Feb 25, 2008.

1. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
  2. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

You know this after 50 NFL carries in a rookie season with a bunch of young O-lineman? P.S. he still got over 4 yards per carry under those dire conditions

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. In Wynn's 50 carries plus his screen passes, I saw a guy with talent. I'm sure MM was happy with the limited role he played.

Wynn hurts people. I like that. he compliments Grant well. If he can stay healthy and if he's 100% when camp starts, I bet he's on the team in '08 as our bruiser back.

Grant #1. Wynn - our bruiser. Jackson backs up both. The question is if we keep Herron and Morency both. both are playing for the 3rd down back spot.

I really think Wynn's spot is secure.

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    I think Morency stays on the team, as he is a valuable ST player. Herron? dunno.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If I remember correctly, Herron was a decent blocker, and Edgar Bennett loves RBs who can block. also, Herron was our Fisher when we got rid of Fisher. He's a good role back.

We'll see though.

6. olpete

olpete Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I forget the name of the guy who was his RB coach in Florida, but he worked for the Pack for 2 or 3 years as a QC something or other and he referred to him as "definitely a first round talent."

If you think about that, Grant, Wynn, and Jackson could be a great RB corp.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have thought about that and I like what I think. We'll be like the Giants. One guy runs through holes, the other guy pounds you, the third guy backs them both up. Either Morency or Herron will be the fourth guy who's primarily a 3rd down back. We might keep both with one as a special teams demon.

8. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Morency is a decent gunner on ST. Id like to keep him.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is, that may be what keeps him in GB in '08.

10. Twizz

Twizz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this is how they should run the backfield next season. Have Grant be the main back, Jackson #2 on plays to the outside or screens. Have Wynn come in on 3rd down or as an extra fully back in the fullhouse configuration. Keep Herron and give morency away. Morency may be the better runner, but when we get down to the 4th rb, you need a good blocker.

I think the packers backfield will be among the top rushing games. and with Farve returning (He'll be back) able to use the paly action mush more effective and maybe some more screen pass to soften op the pass protection.

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't be surprised if Wynn becomes our main screen guy. From the ones he caught, he seemed like he knew what he was doing, a natural.

12. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Am I the only one that sees the flaw in that sort of game planning? You can bet that any D-Coord worth his salt will figure out a tendency like that pretty quick during the game.

13. olpete

olpete Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jackson was pretty much a screen pass, outside run this last season already.

But for running backs, injuries will decide the roster more than likely. It would be great if all 5 backs made it to the start of regular season healthy and ready to go.