Don't forget about DeShawn Wynn

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Wyn is cut in camp. The issues with the run game were more do the the O-line's schemes not gelling yet then the backs we had I think.

You know this after 50 NFL carries in a rookie season with a bunch of young O-lineman? P.S. he still got over 4 yards per carry under those dire conditions

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I think Wyn is cut in camp. The issues with the run game were more do the the O-line's schemes not gelling yet then the backs we had I think.

You know this after 50 NFL carries in a rookie season with a bunch of young O-lineman? P.S. he still got over 4 yards per carry under those dire conditions

Yes. In Wynn's 50 carries plus his screen passes, I saw a guy with talent. I'm sure MM was happy with the limited role he played.

Wynn hurts people. I like that. he compliments Grant well. If he can stay healthy and if he's 100% when camp starts, I bet he's on the team in '08 as our bruiser back.

Grant #1. Wynn - our bruiser. Jackson backs up both. The question is if we keep Herron and Morency both. both are playing for the 3rd down back spot.

I really think Wynn's spot is secure.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I think Morency stays on the team, as he is a valuable ST player. Herron? dunno.

If I remember correctly, Herron was a decent blocker, and Edgar Bennett loves RBs who can block. also, Herron was our Fisher when we got rid of Fisher. He's a good role back.

We'll see though.

olpete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forget the name of the guy who was his RB coach in Florida, but he worked for the Pack for 2 or 3 years as a QC something or other and he referred to him as "definitely a first round talent."

If you think about that, Grant, Wynn, and Jackson could be a great RB corp.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forget the name of the guy who was his RB coach in Florida, but he worked for the Pack for 2 or 3 years as a QC something or other and he referred to him as "definitely a first round talent."

If you think about that, Grant, Wynn, and Jackson could be a great RB corp.

I have thought about that and I like what I think. We'll be like the Giants. One guy runs through holes, the other guy pounds you, the third guy backs them both up. Either Morency or Herron will be the fourth guy who's primarily a 3rd down back. We might keep both with one as a special teams demon.

Twizz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is how they should run the backfield next season. Have Grant be the main back, Jackson #2 on plays to the outside or screens. Have Wynn come in on 3rd down or as an extra fully back in the fullhouse configuration. Keep Herron and give morency away. Morency may be the better runner, but when we get down to the 4th rb, you need a good blocker.

I think the packers backfield will be among the top rushing games. and with Farve returning (He'll be back) able to use the paly action mush more effective and maybe some more screen pass to soften op the pass protection.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is how they should run the backfield next season. Have Grant be the main back, Jackson #2 on plays to the outside or screens. Have Wynn come in on 3rd down or as an extra fully back in the fullhouse configuration. Keep Herron and give morency away. Morency may be the better runner, but when we get down to the 4th rb, you need a good blocker.

I think the packers backfield will be among the top rushing games. and with Farve returning (He'll be back) able to use the paly action mush more effective and maybe some more screen pass to soften op the pass protection.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wynn becomes our main screen guy. From the ones he caught, he seemed like he knew what he was doing, a natural.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Am I the only one that sees the flaw in that sort of game planning? You can bet that any D-Coord worth his salt will figure out a tendency like that pretty quick during the game.

olpete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson was pretty much a screen pass, outside run this last season already.

But for running backs, injuries will decide the roster more than likely. It would be great if all 5 backs made it to the start of regular season healthy and ready to go.

Members online

Latest posts