Don't be surprised if . . . .

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota offers Childress a contract by the end of the week. Why? Because they are one of the only teams looking for head coaches that will have already interviewed a minority for the head coaching job - Ted Cotrell. That is a very important hurdle to jump in the NFL before hiring a coach. It helps the Queens that Cotrell is in-house and an easy interview.

Ryan - this is Packer related because Childress is a potential candidate for our HC job.

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for our Head Coaching position, I won't be surprised if it is Bates. He did a very good job for what he had. Plus, wasn't that the speculation (at least among fans) that when he came to us last year that the potential was there for him to take over for Sherman? It makes too much sense.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Wilf wants to hire a GM or director of personnel first, who'll have a say in who the HC will be.
HC might not come until next week.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
Ryan - this is Packer related because Childress is a potential candidate for our HC job.
Thank you, my mouse was wondering down to the "Move" button on the bottom of the page.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is Childress such a hot name?

Given the fact that he doesn't call plays, what makes him so wanted?

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure why he is a hot candidate either. The local sports radios stations here in Milwaukee despise the guy. NONE of them want Childress....wouldn't say why

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:

Ya know I was once told if I had to defend my actions with words I probably shouldn't have done those actions. I pass that on to you with your post :p

Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Ya know I was once told if I had to defend my actions with words I probably shouldn't have done those actions. I pass that on to you with your post :p

LOL GOOD OL' Z2C..... do we even want to know some of your past actions that you have had to "defend"..... :-? :p

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andy Reid was NEVER an offensive coordinator. If you want to compare Childress to anybody compare him to Sherman Lewis. He was an offensive coordinator for Holmgren. How many shots at headcoach did he get. A ton of Holmy's boys went on to headcoach...Lewis never did.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
As for our Head Coaching position, I won't be surprised if it is Bates. He did a very good job for what he had. Plus, wasn't that the speculation (at least among fans) that when he came to us last year that the potential was there for him to take over for Sherman? It makes too much sense.

Do you think Brett Favre will warm up to him if Brett stays that is?

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I was right on. Toot toot. That's the sound of my own horn.

My other prediction is that Bates will be our next HC and Brett plays for 2 more years.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you are right Yount....I believe Bates would make a great HC, we saw leadership and a guy that turned around a really bad defense this year,,,he has my vote...:)

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andy Reid was a bright young offensive mind. He got the job in Philadelphia because he was also known as an inspirational, no non-sense guy, who looked like and carried himself as a leader of men. I have no idea where Brad Childress fits in with that. As for the Packers, they need a bright YOUNG guy who is also an inspirational, non non-sense guy who carries himself like a leader of men. To me that looks like Tim Lewis, or Ron Rivera. Sean Payton looks good too, but I see a lot of Mike Sherman in his personality. I don't think we want another laid back head coach.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I hope you are right Yount....I believe Bates would make a great HC, we saw leadership and a guy that turned around a really bad defense this year,,,he has my vote...:)

I really like Ron Rivera from the Bears...he's turned that defense into a nasty unit and his personality is definitely no-nonsense. If not Bates, I hope it's Rivera.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts