1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Don't be surprised if . . . .

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Robin Yount, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Minnesota offers Childress a contract by the end of the week. Why? Because they are one of the only teams looking for head coaches that will have already interviewed a minority for the head coaching job - Ted Cotrell. That is a very important hurdle to jump in the NFL before hiring a coach. It helps the Queens that Cotrell is in-house and an easy interview.

Ryan - this is Packer related because Childress is a potential candidate for our HC job.

2. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As for our Head Coaching position, I won't be surprised if it is Bates. He did a very good job for what he had. Plus, wasn't that the speculation (at least among fans) that when he came to us last year that the potential was there for him to take over for Sherman? It makes too much sense.

3. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Wilf wants to hire a GM or director of personnel first, who'll have a say in who the HC will be.
    HC might not come until next week.

4. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you, my mouse was wondering down to the "Move" button on the bottom of the page.

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Minn can have him. He doesn't run the offense or even call the plays in Philly.

6. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Neither did Andy Reid when he was an OC.

7. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Why is Childress such a hot name?

Given the fact that he doesn't call plays, what makes him so wanted?

8. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I am not sure why he is a hot candidate either. The local sports radios stations here in Milwaukee despise the guy. NONE of them want Childress....wouldn't say why

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Ya know I was once told if I had to defend my actions with words I probably shouldn't have done those actions. I pass that on to you with your post :p

10. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

LOL GOOD OL' Z2C..... do we even want to know some of your past actions that you have had to "defend"..... :-? :p

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Andy Reid was NEVER an offensive coordinator. If you want to compare Childress to anybody compare him to Sherman Lewis. He was an offensive coordinator for Holmgren. How many shots at headcoach did he get. A ton of Holmy's boys went on to headcoach...Lewis never did.

12. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It scares me it might be Ron wolf.

13. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Do you think Brett Favre will warm up to him if Brett stays that is?

14. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Does Casper scare you as well?

15. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I was right on. Toot toot. That's the sound of my own horn.

My other prediction is that Bates will be our next HC and Brett plays for 2 more years.

16. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope you are right Yount....I believe Bates would make a great HC, we saw leadership and a guy that turned around a really bad defense this year,,,he has my vote...:)

17. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Andy Reid was a bright young offensive mind. He got the job in Philadelphia because he was also known as an inspirational, no non-sense guy, who looked like and carried himself as a leader of men. I have no idea where Brad Childress fits in with that. As for the Packers, they need a bright YOUNG guy who is also an inspirational, non non-sense guy who carries himself like a leader of men. To me that looks like Tim Lewis, or Ron Rivera. Sean Payton looks good too, but I see a lot of Mike Sherman in his personality. I don't think we want another laid back head coach.

18. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Nawwww. hes a friendly little ghost.

19. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I really like Ron Rivera from the Bears...he's turned that defense into a nasty unit and his personality is definitely no-nonsense. If not Bates, I hope it's Rivera.