Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE DON'S
Crystal Ball

2008 SEASON
WEEK 8 PICKS

By DonCanabis/D'BOYZ
Analyst/Godfather
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think the damn Crystal Ball is broken. I must run to the pottery barn and get me a new one..... this past two weeks have been brutal.

This week the difference was that there were many close games to call that we all knew that could go either way. Buf vs SD, Ind vs GB, NO vs CA and Bal vs Mia.... in this 4 games it was hard to call the winner and in all 4 cases I went with the hot hand the teams that were playing better right now, in all 4 cases it came back to kick me in the ***.

There were 2 surprises, the first was Dallas I gave Brad Johnson the benefit of the doubt and didn't gave enough credit to St. Louis, I new there was a big chance Dallas wouldn't cover the spread but never did I thought they would get roll over like that. The other surprise was NYJ vs OAk.... for me this was a shoe in, Favre had been playing great the past couple of weeks, came from a bye and oakland looked worse with cable at coach if that was possible.

You get weeks like this when things just don't go your way..... some were great calls like. Ten, Pit and NYG covering the big spreads, the chicago game which also was an expecting close game and the Houston game which everyone expected them to cover the spread against a bad Detroit team.

Sometimes the chips don't fall in your way but knowing you were right in some hard calls is a bright spot that you're going in the right direction. It's always like this when you gamble some times it's just not your night.

Sorry guys having trouble with the column this week can't seem to get to up all the comments so I'll just post the picks. Next week I'll have it fix.

Oakland at Baltimore -7.5 Ovr/Und 36

Straight: Bal
Spread: Bal
Ovr/Und: Und

San Diego at New Orleans 3.5 Ovr/Und 45

Straight: SD
Spread: SD
Ovr/Und: Und

Kansas City at New York Jets -14 Ovr/Und 39

Straight: NYJ
Spread: NYJ
Ovr/Und: Ovr