Don's Crystal Ball Week 7 Pick's

DonCanabis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE DON'S
Crystal Ball

2008 SEASON WEEK 7 PICKS
By DonCanabis/D'BOYZ Analyst/Godfather
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last week was a though pill to swallow... Never have I sucked more! 36% against the spread it's what Peter King makes in his regular predictions… that's how bad I was. Every game went south, Minnesota couldn't scored against a Detroit team with what's his name… at Qb. Chicago couldn't beat a Rookie Qb. Houston, even if I said they would beat the Wildcats couldn't beat the spread. Dallas not only lost against Arizona but lost half their players in the 50 seconds they played in OT. NY couldn't beat the Browns. It's like every good NFL team decided last week to take a bye.
Even with all that, I'm 61% against the spread! What a turnaround going from 75% one week to 36% the next. The worst part? I'm no longer undefeated, that's what hurts the most… ´cause it hurts my pockets! This is the first week of the season that I have lost money and bad.

This is the craziest years I've ever covered because we have almost 3 Qb's on IR (Kitna, Palmer, Brady) and 4 more hurt (McNabb, Romo, Rodgers and Roethlisberger). We have a rookie Playing like a pro (Ryan); we have Rb's that suddenly can't run; a defense that should be rock solid, looking like Division I programs; underdogs constantly pulling the upset! Man… It's just crazy. It's time to step up and get back on track!

GL this week guys...now let's get on with the picks!

San Diego at Buffalo -1 Ovr/Und 44

Hard game to call… it took Buffalo losing their Starting Qb to lose their first game. They have had 2 week to prepare for this game and they're undefeated at home. San Diego it's a team you just can't trust ´cause one week they look great the next they struggle! It comes down to who wants it more or who needs this game more and...believe me SD needs it!

Straight:[/b] SD
Spread: SD
Ovr/Und: Und

New Orleans at Carolina -3 Ovr/Und 45
UPSET OF THE WEEK

Carolina is undefeated at home 3-0, but looked flat last week because they couldn't get the running game going. NO hasn't won a game on the road. But, NO has a potent offense. The’re getting two guys back in Colston and Shockey. Can NO pull the upset and outscore Carolina?

Straight: NO
Spread: NO
Ovr/Und: Ovr

Minnesota at Chicago -3 Ovr/Und 37.5

Two good defenses face each other! The Vikings needed a miracle to beat a Detroit's team last week; they haven't been able to score, the offense is non existent. AP has been able to put numbers but hasn't been effective on the red zone; they just have trouble to score.

Straight: Chi
Spread: Chi
Ovr/Und: Over

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati 9.5 Ovr/Und 35

Ben got two weeks to rest that shoulder, which should be enough! the Oline doesn't have to worry this week of a big pass rush. CIN it's planning for ´09 already, Palmer is out and should go to IR. Don't expect CIN to pull a STL or CLE this week.

Straight: Pit
Spread: Pit

Tennessee at Kansas City9 Ovr/Und 35

KC beat Denver when they were undefeated, can they do the same to the Titans? HELL NO! You only get one gimme a year and KC used it the last time. Plus, no LJ. Believe me there are teams that should just call it quits and wait for next season imagine being a season ticket holder for the chiefs, Lions, Rams or Bengals. And pay 1k at least, that money would have had a better use as toilet paper.

Note to the Commisioner: all the money you collect from the teams and players for fines instead of going to who know what or where should go to the fans of really crappy teams, because it’s not their fault their teams suck, why should they sit and watch how their hard earn money it’s being wasted on the field. The league and Owners should be held responsible for these things. Specially with teams like the Lions or Raiders that had sucked for many years those owners are robbing their fans each year, that just isn’t fair.

Tennessee should come on top in this one!

Straight: Ten
Spread: Ten

Baltimore at Miami-3 Ovr/Und 36.5

Can the Wildcat keep working? Baltimore sucks on the road. Flacco and the offense are just not putting points. I really think the Ravens defense can hurt Miami but as we saw it when they played Tennessee, the defense can only hold on for so long. Plus, you get the motivation factor against Cameron. Take the home team.

Straight: Mia
Spread: Mia

San Francisco at New York Giants -10.5 Ovr/Und 46.5

NY has something to prove this week after that show on MN... SF didn't show me anything to take them serious last week. Expect a game similar as to when they played Seattle… Go back to the basics.

Straight: NYG
Spread: NYG

Dallas at St. Louis 7 Ovr/Und 43.5

How to name this game? St. Louis pulled the upset last week. Can they do it two weeks in a row? If so, Hanslett gets the job for next year. Dallas Oline looked like St.Louis last week. They lost their punter, change of pace back, their second CB and we still don't know what about the QB. Can they step up as a team against adversity? In these next four weeks, they will show us, if they're a bunch of Super Stars or a Real Team! My logic comes to who needs this game more and the Cowboys need it, not only for the playoffs but because they're starting to doubt themselves.

Straight: Dal
Spread: Dal

Detroit at Houston -9.5 Ovr/Und 46.5

I like what Houston is doing and Detroit has lost all their weapons (Kitna and Williams), but for a team playing for nothing...really nothing... they showed heart last week and have to give them a little credit... At least for one week!

Straight: Houston
Spread:Detroit

Indianapolis at Green Bay 1 Ovr/Und 47

The Colts defense has woken up! The past two weeks, the Gb defense is hurt and The Colts offense is starting to show that old fire of past years. GB is a good team but The Colts have momentum.

Straight: Ind
Spread: Ind

New York Jets at Oakland 3 Ovr/Und 41

Sorry Cable. The problem it's you...and Al.... but he can't get fired so it's you..! Taking a team that was playing well with conflict and made them vanilla in two weeks...please give me a break! Favre had two more weeks to get better with this offense.

Straight: NYJ
Spread:NYJ

Cleveland at Washington -7.5 Ovr/Und 42

The Redskins suffered from the Cowboys effect... people was blowing so much smoke up their ***** that they thought they just needed to show up on Sunday. They were starting to buy tickets for the SB... That was bad but it could be a wake up call it all comes down to what you do after they hit you!. Cleveland showed flashes of last year on MN. Can they get on a three game winning streak?

Straight: Was
Spread: Cle

Seattle at Tampa Bay -10.5 Ovr/Und 38

Tampa bay beat a better Carolina team by 24 points... Garcia is back at QB and comes with a vengeance! He doesn't want to give the spot back... Seattle doesn't has a QB; 3 of their 4 loses have been by more than 10 points!

Straight: TB
Spread: TB
Ovr/Und:ovr

Denver at New England -3 Ovr/Und 48

Cassel hasn't showed anything, other than he's NOT the next Brady… that's clear! Their defense looks slow. How much changes are needed in one year? Or, is it that when you lose your best player all your flaws start to show?
Denver has been off the past 3 weeks and they looked bad last week. B. Marshall loves the spotlight! How do you think he's going to play on MN?

Straight: Den
Spread: Den
Ovr/Und:Und

Hot Picks
Record 22-14 (61%)

Pittsburgh (league)
Tennessee(league)
Indianapolis(league)
New York Jets
New Orleans
Cleveland

Members online