Donald on Quite Frankly?

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone here see donald driver on quite frankly with stephen A smith.

He seemed funny and he said he thinks McCarthy is a great coach? He seemed positive about the packers next season. He makes it seem that Favre is gonna come back. He also doesnt seem to really like aaron rodgers

OP
OP
D

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only caught the second part of it, but donald was funny, making jokes at stephen. He seems happy about the way the team is heading. he was talking about if they made the playoffs next year they could be a factor in the playoffs with favre leading. Then he said, but if Favre isnt back we would have either Craig Nall start or that guy that gets on the bus last. He never even mentioned Rodgers name. He was very confident about the team next year

bsmith_501

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also saw it. Mainly the part where he talked about his childhood(growing up in Houston), stealing cars. and selling drugs. Then how he went to Alcorn State and was drafted close to last in the draft. Also, there is only one player from that draft (that was drafted ahead of him) that is still performing. Torry Holt. Other than him, everyone else has been a flop

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's true that he doesn't like Rodgers, I'm very interested in knowing why. He has been pretty sheltered from the general fanbase and obviously, without a lot of playing time, we don't know much about him. What little we heard from him last training camp was rather positive, I thought. He seemed to have a good attitude and wasn't cocky.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny about Rodgers because I've read that he isn't very good in pracitce, but I've heard Thompson say that the kid is going to be a great quarterback, that he has excpetional accuracy and can make all the throws, he just has to have some game experience.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wtf, why is Stephen A even asking DD about Leinart?

DD wont give his seal of approval on a Qb coming into the league when they (kinda) have Favre.

OP
OP
D

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he asked him what he thought of those prospects going to green bay. He mentioned bush who he didnt really like either. he said they didnt need him. But for leinart he seemed a bit harsh

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard he said Brett was coming back, isnt DD the same guy that said Brett was retiring last year?? LOL

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
maybe he sucks...like has been said by certain media folk who see him in action.

uhh, trom the media folk haven't seen him in action since training camp as practices have been closed to the media since then. Bob McGinn pretends to have some access to A-rod, but he doesn't.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald's an honest guy. He doesn't know how to say "no comment" or shy away from a question. What you see and hear from him is how he truly feels. It is interesting stuff. He is also very loyal. (MM is a great coach) (Brett will lead us through the playoffs). I think he has seen Nall bust his *** for a few years and doesn't appreciate the newbie being bumped ahead of him. His busting on Bush and Leinart is probably more protecting the other guys on the team now. I'm curious....did he say what the Packers DO need?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think when DD said "the guy who gets on the bus last" he was referring to Rodgers. It would be a pretty common thing, I'd think, for the rookie first rounder to be forced to get on the bus last. Kind of a hazing thing.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into it.. I'm sure that when Rodgers takes over DD will do everything he can to make the kid look good.. Who knows, some say he was the steal of the draft last season.. Look at Big Ben, he was overlooked worse the Rodgers was in all honesty.. AR is an unknown for sure, but I'll remain optimistic until he proves otherwise.. I just hope he can get another year or 2 to sit back and learn from Brett.. It can do nothing but help. :)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So all he said about Rodgers is that he gets on the bus last? What's the big deal? As TO said, it's common for rookies to get on the bus last. Maybe Driver doesn't like Rodgers, but it sounds to me like he was just making a joke.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somebody on this topic must be making an incurrate opinion of what Donald Driver said on this interview. I must admiit I have no knowlege of the interview, becauseI did not hear it. But if Driver would have said he didn't like Aaron Rodgers, it would be all over the front page of every Sports page in the State of Wisconsin especially Milw. JS and GB Press-Gazette. This statement of Drivers would have been comment upon by every Packer fan in GB who phones in to Sport call in shows on GB Sport Talk radio. I have hear nothing of this type of comment attributed to Donald Driver. I would not think Driver would make this type of comment about a potential starting QB after Brett Favre retires from the Packers. With out seeing this statement(exact quote) in Driver's own words, I think this is unreliable opinion by a poster on this topic!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with PWT --- Donald Driver "was" the guy who stated outright, that Favre would retire last year... I'm not a real fan of this new push to promote Stephen A. Smith as a credible know all source within the ranks of such a TV channel as ESPN --- what little credit you 'can' give such shows, I would give to the "Best Damn Sports Show", ..first!

We've got a dead week to kill before SB 40 --- it's all nonsense for now - they're even trying to make hay outta Cowher's daughters having to play in BB games, the day before the SuperBowl.... I wouldn't read anything at all into that interview..

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Czabe's comment (this morning) was pretty complimentary.... so, with his web site and all the pics he has there.. I would say he was being honest.... At my age, I don't really care......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts