1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Donald Driver

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rob2010, Jan 24, 2011.

1. rob2010

rob2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, long time reader on the forums. first time poster. I wanted to talk about Driver. Although he signed a three year contract he is getting old and this could be the last time he has a chance to win a superbowl. Obviously I want players like Rodgers and Mathews to win one (or many:)) but I dont feel that sense of urgency with them. Driver is byfar one of my favourite receivers and I just want to say i hope he wins a ring before he retires. GO PACK GO!

2. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    I hope the do it for Driver and Woodson both. They have both been so close to one!

3. Chop0Suey

Chop0Suey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    Does anyone think either of those guys (Woodson or Driver) would retire if we won? I think Woodson comes back regardless, as I believe he still has another year or two where he could play at close to the same level.

As much as I'd love to see one more year out of Driver, and have him break every all-time Packers receiving record, I think he calls it a career if we walk out of Dallas with a win.

4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Driver was interviewed by Florio late last week and asked that very question- "Would you retire if you won a ring?"

Without hesitation, he said "No." He said he feels he has a lot left in the tank and isn't looking to call it quits yet. Said he wants to play until he's 40.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    neither will willingly retire. They are both set to make a TON of $ and would be foolish to retire and leave that money on the table. But also a chance the team decided not to pay one of them that $ and just cuts them.

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    They're gonna retire, un-retire go to a rival team, get picked up by the head coach at the airport and then get busted for sending text pics of their hoo-haw to some buxom babes.
    You have just entered the Favre zone.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Number1 PackerFan in Indy

Number1 PackerFan in Indy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Forget Favre, well played sir, well played

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    Why thank you.

9. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    I don't think DD would ever do something similar to Farve in retiring.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    If your responding to what I wrote: It was a joke.

11. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    donald driver has been loyal and doesnt do anything stupid to make himself or the team look bad so i think he has earned himself a super bowl ring

• Like Like x 1