Donald Driver: We Need You on Sunday

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver has now had three subpar games in a row. Strangely, he did very little against a banged up Detroit secondary, then he took a shot to the ribs in Philly, had a big drop later in that game, and then did very little against the Rams. The rookie Greg Jennings has outproduced him in all three games.

After the bye week, which should have given him time to heal up, I'm expecting to see the old Donald Driver again. With the receiving corps dangerously thin, we need him more than ever. I'm looking for 6 or 7 catches and 100 yards or more, but I'll settle for less if the Packers win. And I think Driver will deliver. He needs to show the rookie who is really the #1 receiver on this team. And if they double-team him, Jennings needs to have a huge day, which he's already shown he's capable of doing.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I agree those two need to play large for a while and Bubba and Lee need to come alive as well.

Hey maybe Martin will find his potential the remaining part of the season..

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can't do too much when he's double covered or when teams roll coverage to him. I agree though, he's got to make some plays for us when Brett throws him the ball. He surprisingly has dropped more than just a couple of passes.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can't do too much when he's double covered or when teams roll coverage to him. I agree though, he's got to make some plays for us when Brett throws him the ball. He surprisingly has dropped more than just a couple of passes.

That will all change this weekend. If I were playing fantasy, this weekend my receivers would be Driver and Jennings. Expect one of them to catch 100 yards and 2 TDs. You can quote me on that after the game.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:

That will all change this weekend. If I were playing fantasy, this weekend my receivers would be Driver and Jennings. Expect one of them to catch 100 yards and 2 TDs. You can quote me on that after the game.

Don't forget Chambers.

Yeah, we really need Driver to step up. At the beginning of the season, he was our only hope at WR. This offence can really produce if just two receivers are hot. Not to mention Robinson is gone. He made some huge 3rd down conversions the past couple of weeks.

Members online

Latest posts