1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Donald Driver Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GBPack2010, Mar 7, 2011.

1. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    One of the most respected players by fans and peers not only in Green Bay but the entire League, WR Donald Driver is heading towards his last years with us. His career numbers so far are as follows:

698 Rec 9,615 Yds 53 TD

He's currently #37 on the All time Receiving list and if he has a similar season he had this year translated into 2011 and 2012 at 51 Rec 565 Yds 4 TD, his 4th worst season ever, there's reason to believe he can do it again for another 2 years ending his contract and retiring on a good note as a winner. He would finish his career with numbers in the proximity of 800 Rec 11,375 Yds and 61 TD putting him at #24 All Time Receiver. Add on a Superbowl ring, 3x Pro Bowl Selection, irreplaceable veteran leadership in the locker room, immeasurable love for the game and humble character on and off the field. Does he have the enough credentials for the Hall of Fame?

2. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    I love DD but probably not. If Andre Reed still can't get in with stats like this 951 rec. 13,198 yds, and 87 Tds., it's going to be hard

3. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    If toughness, determination, dedication, and tenacity can get you in, he will certainly be there, but based on the numbers he probably will come up short. Let's hope the incidentals and the intangibles that many fans often overlook and don't even recognize much less appreciate, will not go unnoticed by the committee and will be enough to put him over the top and into the HoF.

4. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    I know he will make the Packers Hall of Fame for sure. Thats a Given.

5. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Yes DD belongs in the hall but so does Jerry Kramer.

6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Andre Reed is one of many Bills that will never get in, because they aren't remember for winning any of their Super Bowls, but I agree with you. I want DD in the hall, but they probably will pass on him.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,965
    No. Chance. Watsoever.

Driver is a good player, but not a great player. The hall has very high standard and in this era of high numbers he might compare well with some older players but there is a log jam at WR (even the modern day TE which has become a glorified WR is log jammed).

• Like Like x 1
  8. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    The HOF is no lock considering the way they vote.

9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Maybe they can vote him in based on his grin?

When you think about a player getting into the HOF, then you are already looking ahead to his his retirement.
    I dunno about you guys, but I'm not ready to be thinking of a post career double D.

10. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10

I would say great player not HOF player

• Like Like x 1
  11. Packerfury

Packerfury Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18

I would agree with this. he's one of those players that is really a great player, but just not quite a HOF player.

12. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +463
    Unfortunately I consider him more of a possession type receiver. One that can keep drives going. He is not a breakaway game long ball receiver, which is what gets you into the HOF.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,965
    Driver is my favorite packer of all time so downplaying his career hurts me a little but anyways has he ever had a dominate year? Was he the #1 WR for many years? Was he ever the best in the league? IMO no. Javon Walkers best year was better than any of Drivers years I would say. But driver has been slow and steady in stats. Nothing wrong with that, and everyone would rather have that. But it doesnt get you in the HOF unless you play forever.

The ONLY way Driver would have a shot at the HOF is if he played 2 more years, won titles both years, and was MVP of both SBs. Then the debate would have to begin. Even then I dont know if he would go in.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    Driver would be in the Hall of Very Good but it's not even a debate as to whether he should be in the HOF or not.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Isn't he on the verge of breaking a GB rec. record?
    Or has he already?

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,965
    I think he is 40 some yards away from the packers yardage record, but I know not the packers TD record.

17. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    One thing is certain, he will go down in the Green Bay Packers hall of fame. Love ya DD!!

18. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Unfortunately it is the hall of Fame.. DD is great, but for a hall of Fame, only in the heart of Packer fans.

19. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    So who is the most recent player who retired as a Packer who got into the NFL HOF?
    And who do you think the next one will be? (BF doesn't count since he quit as a traitor.)

20. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    Assuming he retires with us, Charles Woodson is a shoo-in. Reggie White was the last Packer to make it to the HOF, didn't retire as a Packer though.

21. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    Incorrect, he DID retire as a Packer, he just didn't finish his playing career as a Packer. Big difference.

22. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87

One of those one-day contract things?

23. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    I know it has been discussed here before, a player doesn't go into the Hall as a member of one of the teams he played for exclusively. One goes into the HOF as an NFL player.

24. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,965
    I wouldnt call him a shoo in. Shoe in is like Favre, Manning, Brady, and Tomlinson. Woodson might wait a couple years imo. He should get in though. Rodgers might be the next packers player after him. But I would be even happier if Kramer went in before all of them.

• Like Like x 1
  25. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +594
    He deserves to be in the Hall of Very Good. The Hall of Fame is for the best players of all-time. DD is very good and has a very good career, but realistically has no shot at the HOF.