Don Banks mock draft

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
THAT GARBAGE WAS DONE YESTERDAY?!?!?! This guy has no perception of how to do a mock, and his board needs to be burned.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THAT GARBAGE WAS DONE YESTERDAY?!?!?! This guy has no perception of how to do a mock, and his board needs to be burned.

He isnt bad, he told me a week before the draft that he knew the Vikings were taking Ponder. Don is a nice guy, has insight into alot of team, but obviously this is such an early mock that he wont have a good idea til later in the process

H

HardRightEdge

He isnt bad, he told me a week before the draft that he knew the Vikings were taking Ponder. Don is a nice guy, has insight into alot of team, but obviously this is such an early mock that he wont have a good idea til later in the process

A guy can say something meaningful, such as calling the Ponder pick, because some reliable source slipped him an inside perspective. It's another matter to be this far from the draft, before FA has begun and teams not having set their boards yet, to survey the terrain and come up with personal insights without benefit of inside info.

Monte Ball is a highly unlikely choice for the Pack at #26. A knowledgeable Packer fan with a casual knowledge of the draft class could come up with quite a few names that would be a better fit and possibly available at that spot.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
LOL....that is a laugher....No way in hell we take Ball 1st round. Ball is damn good, but not 26th pick 1st round good. That guy who made that mock draft is a clown.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL....that is a laugher....No way in hell we take Ball 1st round. Ball is damn good, but not 26th pick 1st round good. That guy who made that mock draft is a clown.

I would be very disappointed if we took a RB with either of our first two picks no matter where those picks end up being. I think RB is quite a ways down the list of things we need and the only Rb I'm interested in is Taylor of Stanford. Ball is a mid-round (4-6) pick IMO.

smuggler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eifert cemented his status as the first TE to be selected with his combine drills. We already knew he was the best receiver of the bunch, but now we also know he's the quickest and one of the fastest.

H

HardRightEdge

Wouldn't that make TE still an option though to improve blocking?

Not in the first round. A TE at that spot is pass catcher first, blocker second. Besides, on the 60% of the plays where you throw the ball you'd like to think your TE is best used as a target.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not in the first round. A TE at that spot is pass catcher first, blocker second. Besides, on the 60% of the plays where you throw the ball you'd like to think your TE is best used as a target.

I would target a Kyle Rudolph in the first. It's not like dual threats don't exist with TEs in the nfl

H

HardRightEdge

I would target a Kyle Rudolph in the first. It's not like dual threats don't exist with TEs in the nfl
I guess they could give up on improving their dismal pass blocking and throw a lot of short stuff to the TEs.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of drafting Montee Ball. I liked Clay better when he came out, and we didn't draft him! If Te'O is there I still say he's the guy. If not, I say we trade down to real early 2nd and either get Barret Jones or Tyler Eifert. Any one of these 3 players can signifcantly upgrade the team much more than Montee Ball can. MOST running backs prove they can't run behind an average or worse offensive line, and right now I'd say we're average. We have a glaring hole at Center, and I'm not sure Newhouse and Bulaga are the guys to be starting at Tackle. Combine that with Finley's cap number and his number of drops. I think Te'O, Jones or Eifert make the team a lot better no later than mid-season as rookies. Question is if I'm Ted who do I take? Glad I don't have to make that decision.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eifert cemented his status as the first TE to be selected with his combine drills. We already knew he was the best receiver of the bunch, but now we also know he's the quickest and one of the fastest.

As a Notre Dame fan I can attest to the fact that as a blocker Eifert is improving, and has more work to do.

smuggler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I'd heard - Eifert wasn't that strong of a blocker, but he can do it a little. Ertz is a glorified WR and can't block whatsoever.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Eifert can block if he gets his hands on the guy. He gets caught trying to block the spot next to his man all too often

Members online

Latest posts