1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Domanick Williams (formerly Davis): Worth a look?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Mar 23, 2007.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Adam Schefter reports the Texans have cut him... is he worth a look as a possible solution to our RB problem?

He is coming off an injury, so he might be willing to sign a cheap 1 year deal, or a reasonable extended contract for both sides...

If he is only a temporary solution (1 year), then we'd solve our RB problem this year and could target Turner as a UFA next year...

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bring him for camp and let him compete but I wouldn't bank on Williams being the top guy all year long. History of injuries and inconsistency has hurt his career.

3. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    couldn't hurt to bring him to training camp.

4. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link Oregon! :)

6. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would definitely like to see this. Ifhe can stay healthy he could be the veteran we need. He has pretty good hands as well. #1 on my list of available backs

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i think he's got talent, but that pussy cost me the fantasy football championship. i don't know if i can forgive him.

8. ravage

ravage Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Williams nee Davis needs more surgery. As of right now I don't think he's an option.
    Domanick Williams-RB- Texans Mar. 23 - 4:04 pm et
    Texans released RB Domanick Williams.

The man formerly known as Domanick Davis is set to undergo another round of knee surgery. He wasn't in the plans for Houston's new coaching staff from the start. Williams is only 26 and could sign on with a team during training camp or in-season if he can pass a physical.

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I was just about to post that as well, no help this year for us.

10. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Then there's just no way this is going to work!

If I remember correctly there was discussion regarding the large dollars they had committed to this guy and the draft coming up with Bush on the board.
    Sad that it has come to this when they had a chance to pick up Bush last year and passed. That's going from smelling roses to stepping on thorns in a real hurry. Ouch.

11. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I say take him, if he is healthy he could prove to carry the load for a year or two.

12. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The RB problems we have will be taken care of draft day. We have depth, we just need our number one pick to take over the top spot.

13. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure TT is picking a RB in the first round, and I'm not sure Lynch is going to be available at #16, I have a feeling the Bills are going to take him.

14. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd take Williams in a heart beat.

The guy is big, fast, and he has exceptional hands. He can't stay healthy, but honestly--Houston can't keep anybody healthy. Carr would be great if he wasn't on his *** every down.

15. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quit complaining. My first round pick was Lamont Jordan and my third was Culpepper. It was a long fantasy season. I did get Phillip Rivers in the 14th round and make him a four year keeper

16. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read somewhere that Williams' knee problem was "bone-on-bone" as in no cartilege left there. Now THAT is painful. I don't see him passing a physical antwhere.